Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Yes I saw the light again........although I feel in the dark today

All very normal Beth and it comes and goes. It is a REALLY big life changeing thing you are undertaking. It will take time and courage and freinds here and and at home. Only for the strong
Great coffee houses everywhere thank goodness
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:25 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
It's the fact my EA is an arse and never rings to update me.......still haven't had a def 'yes or no' answer from my previous buyers :curse:
If the house was sold I'd be fine.......prob be totally gutted if it doesn't sell soon
11 long months on the market now.......so yes I am a bit stressed over it not selling
Beth x x
11 months is a long time Beth and if your EA isn't someone who follows up, he's an arse indeed. You have enough stress as it is already. We're having a new EA coming over this evening, just having a chat, like what can he do/promise the other EA couldn't and what's he like in following up and updating, cause our present EA only does that after calling him ourselves.
Good luck Beth, let's hope we all sell ASAP

Miranda xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:31 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

We have thought about never owning a house gain, seems to make more sense the more we think about it.

We got our visa March 3rd and have to be there May 16th, chances are we will have to come back to sell, as we cant afford to keep 2 homes going

Not ideal, but may have to.

Beth: does he know you are unhappy with lack of feedback, he probably is i'm sure you will have told him

Our EA rang this morning to say she cant get hold of viewers from last night for feedback but as soon as she does she will ring.

When I see its their number come up on my phone I get all excited for a viewer and find out its not. I suppose at least they are ringing me.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Yes I saw the light again........although I feel in the dark today :

All very normal Beth and it comes and goes. It is a REALLY big life changeing thing you are undertaking. It will take time and courage and freinds here and and at home. Only for the strong
Sending a big hug for you Somme, I remember the hard times you had. (((()))) wasn't quite as dramatic as you though Beth....

Originally Posted by tum
Hope everything went ok with your friend's op

Don't cry, do what sparky said...don't watch the news. The news is made by people wanting you to watch it, gloom and doom is a sure way to attract and scare viewers........don't be scared, ...just don't watch and be blissfully unaware :

Thanks Miranda - I will have to do that. I'm just at the end of my tether after 10 months on the market - a feeling you are familiar with I'm sure.

I couldn't agree more sparky. No telly for me....BE will do :
Hope your change of EA works - something must eh???

It's the fact my EA is an arse and never rings to update me.......still haven't had a def 'yes or no' answer from my previous buyers ::
If the house was sold I'd be fine.......prob be totally gutted if it doesn't sell soon
11 long months on the market now.......so yes I am a bit stressed over it not selling :Beth x x :
Sending you a big hug too ((((()))) waiting for you to hear is getting to me too - do you want me to ring the EA an shout too???

Originally Posted by wardy2
We have thought about never owning a house gain, seems to make more sense the more we think about it.

It is attractive... We have to stay 2 years in Adelaide to get PR - there is no reason we won't like it, but if the housing market dives there and we can't sell, we can't move if want to after the 2 years... so better not to buy or to buy a good renter as an investment.

We got our visa March 3rd and have to be there May 16th, chances are we will have to come back to sell, as we cant afford to keep 2 homes going

Beth: does he know you are unhappy with lack of feedback, he probably is i'm sure you will have told him :

I'm sure she's told him!!!

Our EA rang this morning to say she cant get hold of viewers from last night for feedback but as soon as she does she will ring.

When I see its their number come up on my phone I get all excited for a viewer and find out its not. I suppose at least they are ringing me.
That's annoying isn't it? I asked mine to email me unless it's a viewing or news!

we all get good news soon.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:06 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks hun, will try and stay strong for a bit longer...
That's the spirit, stay strong and you will be strong.

I understand how hard it is for you. If we don't sell, we can't go either.

We had to validate as well. Not ideal but once we were there again it felt just like home.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:12 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

dont forget that these agents get a commision too. they will try every scare tactic in the book to get you to lower your price for a quich sale so they get their bit of money quicker.

keep that in mind too.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:14 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
dont forget that these agents get a commision too. they will try every scare tactic in the book to get you to lower your price for a quich sale so they get their bit of money quicker.

keep that in mind too.
Yes, so true, keep your budget in mind, don't let them lure you into something you don't want too, like selling your house way below a realistic and fair price
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:14 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Yes I saw the light again........although I feel in the dark today

Thanks We do really want to go now.....it's just the lack of viewers etc, not sure if we can go if house hasn't sold

Originally Posted by tum
11 months is a long time Beth and if your EA isn't someone who follows up, he's an arse indeed. You have enough stress as it is already. We're having a new EA coming over this evening, just having a chat, like what can he do/promise the other EA couldn't and what's he like in following up and updating, cause our present EA only does that after calling him ourselves.
Good luck Beth, let's hope we all sell ASAP

Miranda xx
Hope we all get some well deserved viewers through our doors soon!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
That's the spirit, stay strong and you will be strong.

I understand how hard it is for you. If we don't sell, we can't go either.

We had to validate as well. Not ideal but once we were there again it felt just like home.
Thanks Janine I don't know what is the matter with me this week. My patience has run out I guess. If we didn't have an 8 yr old, we would just juggle our time between UK and Aus to meet the visa conditons. Of course, we can't do that because of school etc...

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky

keep that in mind too.
Thanks SS - I know they do :curse::curse:

Originally Posted by tum
Yes, so true, keep your budget in mind, don't let them lure you into something you don't want too, like selling your house way below a realistic and fair price
True - but increasingly difficult.

Thanks :: We do really want to go now.....it's just the lack of viewers etc, not sure if we can go if house hasn't sold :

That's the problem isn't it? We all need our equity as a safety net.

Hope we all get some well deserved viewers through our doors soon!!!
Beth x x ::

I hope they are all ringing the EAs as we speak!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, how many pages have been added on since yesterday???!!

Good luck everyone with viewings.

Had a fantastic night last night...didn't get to bed until 3am, which is the lastest in a couple of years.

I drank a fair amount of white wine last night, but am now going to abstain until next Saturday. I think my body will be very grateful.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Right I have just got excited again, doesnt happen often when I had a look at email and saw one entitled A message about your ad on British Expats

Then I read it ................

HELLO,

My name is XXXX XXXX,i saw your advart today on britishexpats.com and it intreste me more in writing you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send a direct email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am and my extend of intrest in you.Here is my email address ([email protected]) I believe we can have a good relationship from here so pls pitty me handsome and write me on my mail id I am waiting.Remeber good relationship goes beyond distance and colour,honest,emotions,carer and kind that lead both lovers to fly highly on the wings of happines, and in all true love is all we need in life to be happy

Thanks a lot for your kind attention

XXXXX

Have send to the mods to deal with but am really struggling not to send a rather unsuitable response myself:curse:

Tracy the unhappy bunny AGAIN
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:45 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Right I have just got excited again, doesnt happen often when I had a look at email and saw one entitled A message about your ad on British Expats

Then I read it ................

HELLO,

My name is XXXX XXXX,i saw your advart today on britishexpats.com and it intreste me more in writing you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send a direct email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am and my extend of intrest in you.Here is my email address ([email protected]) I believe we can have a good relationship from here so pls pitty me handsome and write me on my mail id I am waiting.Remeber good relationship goes beyond distance and colour,honest,emotions,carer and kind that lead both lovers to fly highly on the wings of happines, and in all true love is all we need in life to be happy

Thanks a lot for your kind attention

XXXXX

Have send to the mods to deal with but am really struggling not to send a rather unsuitable response myself:curse:

Tracy the unhappy bunny AGAIN
Scary you weren't posing seductively in any of your pictures were you

I wonder if we all got one.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well the 40ft container is outside the house and being loaded as I type House looks very strange and where did all this dust come from

We have a viewer booked for Friday so fingers crossed
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Scary you weren't posing seductively in any of your pictures were you

I wonder if we all got one.

Neither Jason nor I are on the pics, she obviously thinks Jason is handsome as he has a nice living room, did make me laugh though,

Ohh, well we are having one of those days!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well the 40ft container is outside the house and being loaded as I type House looks very strange and where did all this dust come from

We have a viewer booked for Friday so fingers crossed
Ohh goodness, good luck with it all and for the viewers Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.