Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:13 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Reedy
Glad you quantified that one.....

I watched that programme where women were still breastfeeding 7 year olds (and older) gave me the heebie jeebies......
that is just too weird
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
my youngest wouldnt take a bottle at all - ever ... so by three months he could drink out of a beaker with a spout (one of the ones that if you tip them upside down the milk pours out) - he wouldnt even have one of the beakers with the 'soft spouts' that they suck on.
The trouble for him was that a bottle needs a different sucking action to a breast and he just couldnt get anything out of the bottle! Bless him he is three now and you can see when he sucks he is still using his tongue!!

It could be that your nephew is having the same problem so you could even just try a plastic cup.
My 10 year old still sucks with his tongue!!! I noticed recently.....

Lau x
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im suprised my Dh isnt still breastfed (he is 34) - I bet his mom would have it - like that family off little britain - BITTY!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

my youngest wouldnt take a bottle at all - ever ... so by three months he could drink out of a beaker with a spout (one of the ones that if you tip them upside down the milk pours out) - he wouldnt even have one of the beakers with the 'soft spouts' that they suck on.
The trouble for him was that a bottle needs a different sucking action to a breast and he just couldnt get anything out of the bottle! Bless him he is three now and you can see when he sucks he is still using his tongue!!

It could be that your nephew is having the same problem so you could even just try a plastic cup.
Ahh bless. They love to test us don't they?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Im suprised my Dh isnt still breastfed (he is 34) - I bet his mom would have it - like that family off little britain - BITTY!
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has brought a really unpleasant picture to mind.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:21 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

erm ... well ... ahem ... and moving swiftly on
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:24 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Ahh bless. They love to test us don't they?
i tried just about EVERY beaker in the shops - i had drawers full of them - he wouldnt use any except the old fashioned ones with the big moulded spout with holes in it

he is still an awkward little so and so ... knows his own mind ... i wonder where he gets that from
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

erm ... well ... ahem ... and moving swiftly on
Well, the housing market seems a little sluggish.......
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Well, the housing market seems a little sluggish.......
LOL. sorry - lowered the tone again didnt I.

hmmm houses...
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i tried just about EVERY beaker in the shops - i had drawers full of them - he wouldnt use any except the old fashioned ones with the big moulded spout with holes in it

he is still an awkward little so and so ... knows his own mind ... i wonder where he gets that from
They get fixated don't they? What did you do with all the beakers???
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE=Tiggs+Graz;5468060]i tried just about EVERY beaker in the shops - i had drawers full of them - he wouldnt use any except the old fashioned ones with the big moulded spout with holes in it

he is still an awkward little so and so ... knows his own mind ... i wonder where he gets that from [/QUOTE]
Couldn't say!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL. sorry - lowered the tone again didnt I.

hmmm houses...
LOL! I don't think it was very high in the first place!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

They get fixated don't they? What did you do with all the beakers???
i gave them all away to people with less fussy babies
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

OK - finally have two minutes to talk house sale ...

nice man from letting agency turned up this morning - told me rent would be around what i was expecting. Nothing new here then other than we can now do a serious budget to see if we can afford to go down this route ... more later.

this afternoons viewer (yes i know i didnt tell you but it was arranged last minute!) arrived with half her extended family in tow
she asked all the wrong question (well wrong from my point of view) and they went around the house doing things like checking doors closed and what sort of insulation we had (seemed very put out that we didnt have a combi boiler for our central heating/hot water )

anyway feedback from EA was that she liked the house and has gone to confer with her family and will get back to them in a couple of days.

i am taking this to mean that we will never hear from her again

ok got to go again for a bit - will be back later
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

OK - finally have two minutes to talk house sale ...try the house selling thread....ooops it is! I forgot.

this afternoons viewer (yes i know i didnt tell you but it was arranged last minute!) arrived with half her extended family in tow
she asked all the wrong question (well wrong from my point of view) and they went around the house doing things like checking doors closed and what sort of insulation we had (seemed very put out that we didnt have a combi boiler for our central heating/hot water )

i am taking this to mean that we will never hear from her again I will keep my fingers crossed that she will be in touch.
ok got to go again for a bit - will be back later
c ya

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.