Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
They really like it and are getting in touch with EA
Yay! Good news. Fingers crossed for you!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you lazy thing - i was calling my eldest all sorts of names for staying in bed all morning!!!
We have a start date but no official offer letter - which we were waiting for before we booked the flights - might have to take the risk tho.
We are most likely flying emirates as they are the only airline to fly from newcaslte - otherwise we would need to travel to another uk airport (with 2 under 5s and 8 suitcases )

I know - I am an over grown teenager, as soon as it is the holidays, I'm staying up til 2am and getting up at midday !

We flew with Emirates in March - they were great. We only booked 2 weeks before and it was Easter holidays. So fingers crossed you can get some seats.

She couldn't wait until the weekend as she is that keen They are really nice people too, would rather sell to them Or am I just putting off making the leap to Oz

Even better!!! I think you should sell to the person who seems the most trustworthy.

The quote system has gone to pot again!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away

[/COLOR]

Even better!!! I think you should sell to the person who seems the most trustworthy.

We will see either way we are going on 8 Dec 2007
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

i am all confused - i thought your second viewer was coming back at the weekend? have i lost track?
She couldn't wait until the weekend as she is that keen They are really nice people too, would rather sell to them Or am I just putting off making the leap to Oz[/QUOTE]

not sure if this is a good thing or not you are certainly going to be confused as to what is best to do. what happens if you say you are selling to the second ones and they drop out part way through? - you would be really annoyed with yourself for not going with the first one - glad it is not me making the decision

[/COLOR]

cant figure out what is happening with the quote thing - it is only using html cant really see how it could go wrong

We will see either way we are going on 8 Dec 2007
we might be going to beat you there - we are looking at flights for the 6th
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Somme and Tiggs,

I wish you both all the luck in the World, but I am going to miss you.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:51 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Somme and Tiggs,

I wish you both all the luck in the World, but I am going to miss you.
you mean i wont be able to come onto BE
that is is - im not going

you will just have to hurry up and get yourself to adelaide
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

cant figure out what is happening with the quote thing - it is only using html cant really see how it could go wrong

we might be going to beat you there - we are looking at flights for the 6th [/QUOTE]

Are you going to be ready by then

Will look you up when we get to Adalaide, go for a beer or two What about your house
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Please can you all keep everything crossed tomorrow morning The initial survery went well concerning price etc but they are having a damp and woodwork survey done tomorrow morning at 10.30am Keeping everything crossed it isnt all about to go t*** up!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you mean i wont be able to come onto BE
that is is - im not going

you will just have to hurry up and get yourself to adelaide
I'm trying!! Just waiting for my sponsorship from SA and thankfully the visa we are applying for is much faster, (4 mths) Figured out a way to get enough cash without selling the house today. So we could be out there as soon as April.

[/QUOTE]
Will look you up when we get to Adalaide, go for a beer or two What about your house [/QUOTE]

Did you know Somme was coming to Adelaide to get her hubby's licence? We can have a WPHS reunion!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
Please can you all keep everything crossed tomorrow morning The initial survery went well concerning price etc but they are having a damp and woodwork survey done tomorrow morning at 10.30am Keeping everything crossed it isnt all about to go t*** up!
Everything crossed for you!!

Hopefully nothing will show up - if it does offer to get the work done rather than drop the price. It will be cheaper for you this way and if - god forbid, the buyer drops out, you'll have some nice new guarantees which will mean the problem can't happen again.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Everything crossed for you, do you think you have damp/woodworm?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Everything crossed for you!!

Hopefully nothing will show up - if it does offer to get the work done rather than drop the price. It will be cheaper for you this way and if - god forbid, the buyer drops out, you'll have some nice new guarantees which will mean the problem can't happen again.
Everything crossed for you, do you think you have damp/woodworm?
The house had woodworm when i moved in and was treatedbut i no longer can find the guarantee. damp is obvious in an outbuilding attached to the house and i pointed it all out to buyers who were very aware and whilst i saw that part as a negative the guy said he could see past the problem As far as i am aware the rest of the house is ok
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:46 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

They really like it and are getting in touch with EA
YAYYY, but how far down the line has the first person got with searches etc and what sort of position is the second lot in?

good luck i'm sure it will be fine, but it doesnt stop you worrying though
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

The house had woodworm when i moved in and was treatedbut i no longer can find the guarantee. damp is obvious in an outbuilding attached to the house and i pointed it all out to buyers who were very aware and whilst i saw that part as a negative the guy said he could see past the problem As far as i am aware the rest of the house is ok
I have just got in touch with the company that treated our house for woodworm and they are sending a duplicate certificate. Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't think you should have a problem. The timber treatment should have worked - just tell the inspector that you had it done and lost the certificate. He will see any signs of new infestation or rot. Old woodworm holes are quite clearly that - old. Re the damp, as it isn't in the main dwelling you should be OK - especially if the buyer already knows about it.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=want2bthere;5467439]YAYYY, but how far down the line has the first person got with searches etc and what sort of position is the second lot in?

New lot cash buyer no morgage spoke to my solicitor today fist buyer is dragging her heals and her solicitor asking stupid questions that are not needed, but want to put planning application in for an extension before we exchange :curse: No wonder she couldn't give me a decent offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.