Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme

Are you going to be ready by then

Will look you up when we get to Adalaide, go for a beer or two What about your house
we might have to be ready
i have absolutely no idea about the house - but we have to be there for Graz to start work - cant afford to risk him losing the job!
definitley up for a beer, or three

Originally Posted by daunted
Please can you all keep everything crossed tomorrow morning The initial survery went well concerning price etc but they are having a damp and woodwork survey done tomorrow morning at 10.30am Keeping everything crossed it isnt all about to go t*** up!
everything crossed for you!!! If your buyer is aware of potential problems then you should be ok - might just need a bit of renegotiation.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I'm trying!! Just waiting for my sponsorship from SA and thankfully the visa we are applying for is much faster, (4 mths) Figured out a way to get enough cash without selling the house today. So we could be out there as soon as April.
can you figure out a way to get enough cash without selling for us too?! we need one at the mo
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:59 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
New lot cash buyer no morgage spoke to my solicitor today fist buyer is dragging her heals and her solicitor asking stupid questions that are not needed, but want to put planning application in for an extension before we exchange :curse: No wonder she couldn't give me a decent offer.
she wants to put the planning application in BEFORE you exchange?! Is she having a laugh - she knew you wanted to exchange asap

tell her you have someone else interested give her an early date for exchange - if she doesnt agree tell her where to go
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=somme;5467463]
Originally Posted by want2bthere
YAYYY, but how far down the line has the first person got with searches etc and what sort of position is the second lot in?

New lot cash buyer no morgage spoke to my solicitor today fist buyer is dragging her heals and her solicitor asking stupid questions that are not needed, but want to put planning application in for an extension before we exchange :curse: No wonder she couldn't give me a decent offer.

My god what a silly woman your buyer is! Planning applications take MONTHS. Definately encourage the new lot - they sound a much better prospect. As Tiggs said, give the existing buyer an ultimatum - say you need to exchange by x date and you have another buyer lined up if she can't exchange by then. That should frighten her!:curse:
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:23 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right everyone at work now know i am leaving, and still no-one wants to buy the house (i have resorted to sticking a poster on every noticeboard I can find )

I am now that pommy b^*"$^d at work to everyone

We have a dress down day tomorrow so I am wearing my ozzie flag as a cape and taking the boys kanagroos to sit on the monitor :-p

Last edited by graz79; Oct 25th 2007 at 5:26 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:26 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=somme;5467463]
Originally Posted by want2bthere
YAYYY, but how far down the line has the first person got with searches etc and what sort of position is the second lot in?

shes havin a laugh that could take months to sort out, and what if she doesnt get permission is she then not going to want to buy i'd concentrate on the second couple lets hope they put in a decent offer
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:27 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by graz79
Right everyone at work now know i am leaving, and still no-one wants to buy the house (i have resorted to sticking a poster on every noticeboard I can find )

We have a dress down day tomorrow so I am wearing my ozzie flag as a cape and taking the boys kanagroos to sit on the monitor :-p

fab, milk it for all its worth
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79

Good idea! The more people who know the better. You never know, someone will say to a friend that some jammy bugger at work is going to Oz and selling his house and they might just be interested. Fingers crossed anyway!

LOL.

You're going quietly, without a fuss then?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope my viewer shows tomorrow.

I have got the day off work Am looking after my Nephew he is constantly on my sister's boob and refuses to take a bottle...

Boy is he gonna have a shock tomorrow when she's not at his beck and call...

Anyone have any pointers on how I can get him to drink from a bottle????

He is 6 months old and doesn't really eat solids either.... So I might have an hysterical child on my hands.

Will go and visit a neighbour during viewing as don't want any noise pollution around here....

Dunc has cleaned house today

Lau x
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy

I have got the day off work Am looking after my Nephew he is constantly on my sister's boob and refuses to take a bottle...

He is 6 months old and doesn't really eat solids either.... So I might have an hysterical child on my hands.

Will go and visit a neighbour during viewing as don't want any noise pollution around here....

Lau x
Oh my word! You have a peaceful day ahead of you then!

If he won't drink from the bottle, try diping your finger in the milk and letting him suck and then weedle the teat in under your finger so he doesn't notice. Breast fed babies like the warmth of human flesh! One of the reasons I ensured I fed both ways from the start so I could always leave a bottle of expressed milk with my OH if I had to go out without the baby! Also meant I wasn't the one on night duty every night. LOL.

Good luck with the viewers. Hope they are 'the ones'.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Lau x
He is much more likely to take it without his Mumma about as he will smell her milk. If he is that hungry chances are he will take it. otherwise you could control a small cup or a syringe. (like administering medicine not heroine lol)
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
He is much more likely to take it without his Mumma about as he will smell her milk. If he is that hungry chances are he will take it. otherwise you could control a small cup or a syringe. (like administering medicine not heroine lol)
I admit I have bought a bottle / beaker thingy for 3 months + in case the bottle is def a no go...

God I am a masochist - I breast fed but took the easy option out - went on hols with Dunc for a week and left my Mum and MIL to wean them off... By the time I came home they weren't interested in me. Sad thing is I was quite upset every time...... Apparently they only cried when I was there...

Lau x
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I admit I have bought a bottle / beaker thingy for 3 months + in case the bottle is def a no go...
Sounds like a good idea!
God I am a masochist - I breast fed but took the easy option out - went on hols with Dunc for a week and left my Mum and MIL to wean them off... By the time I came home they weren't interested in me. Sad thing is I was quite upset every time...... Apparently they only cried when I was there...

Lau x
Mine weaned herself - just stopped wanting milk after being on solids for a while. Didn't touch it again until she was 6! (Cows milk that is! )
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Mine weaned herself - just stopped wanting milk after being on solids for a while. Didn't touch it again until she was 6! (Cows milk that is! )
Glad you quantified that one.....

I watched that programme where women were still breastfeeding 7 year olds (and older) gave me the heebie jeebies......
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad you quantified that one.....

I watched that programme where women were still breastfeeding 7 year olds (and older) gave me the heebie jeebies......
I saw that too. AHHH! I think mine was about 12 months when I stoppped after that she had milk in things rather than on it's own and then she totally refused milk for years. We had to sneak calcium rich food into eveything - it was a nightmare!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:11 am
sneaking a peek ...

Lau x
my youngest wouldnt take a bottle at all - ever ... so by three months he could drink out of a beaker with a spout (one of the ones that if you tip them upside down the milk pours out) - he wouldnt even have one of the beakers with the 'soft spouts' that they suck on.
The trouble for him was that a bottle needs a different sucking action to a breast and he just couldnt get anything out of the bottle! Bless him he is three now and you can see when he sucks he is still using his tongue!!

It could be that your nephew is having the same problem so you could even just try a plastic cup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.