Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i gave them all away to people with less fussy babies
Wondered if you were shipping them ..................
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OK - finally have two minutes to talk house sale ...

nice man from letting agency turned up this morning - told me rent would be around what i was expecting. Nothing new here then other than we can now do a serious budget to see if we can afford to go down this route ... more later.

this afternoons viewer (yes i know i didnt tell you but it was arranged last minute!) arrived with half her extended family in tow
she asked all the wrong question (well wrong from my point of view) and they went around the house doing things like checking doors closed and what sort of insulation we had (seemed very put out that we didnt have a combi boiler for our central heating/hot water )

anyway feedback from EA was that she liked the house and has gone to confer with her family and will get back to them in a couple of days.

i am taking this to mean that we will never hear from her again

ok got to go again for a bit - will be back later
Good news about the viewer! Fingers crossed for an offer.

Sounds like renting might be an option too???

See you later!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im still on the quest for the perfect beaker - have tons of them, they either leak when they shouldnt or they are so leakproof you cant get anything out.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Im still on the quest for the perfect beaker - have tons of them, they either leak when they shouldnt or they are so leakproof you cant get anything out.
I seem to remember that we quickly progressed from the 'anyway up' cup which required great suction powers for a small child, to the 'kids on the go' range with a 'pop up' spout like an athletes water bottle. This was so good, we bought 3 and still use them in the car. I think they were from Tesco. They drip a little if you knock them over, but that isn't too much of a problem.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

OK - finally have two minutes to talk house sale ...

nice man from letting agency turned up this morning - told me rent would be around what i was expecting. Nothing new here then other than we can now do a serious budget to see if we can afford to go down this route ... more later.

this afternoons viewer (yes i know i didnt tell you but it was arranged last minute!) arrived with half her extended family in tow
she asked all the wrong question (well wrong from my point of view) and they went around the house doing things like checking doors closed and what sort of insulation we had (seemed very put out that we didnt have a combi boiler for our central heating/hot water )

anyway feedback from EA was that she liked the house and has gone to confer with her family and will get back to them in a couple of days.

i am taking this to mean that we will never hear from her again

ok got to go again for a bit - will be back later
lol what is so good about a combi anyway?!!
not been on for a while - look what i've missed, breastfeeding amongst other things House sale wise bugger all happening - not had another viewer since first one week or so ago. Lots of people seem to slow down, stop and stare but no-one wants to view
How long did everyone leave it before dropping price?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I seem to remember that we quickly progressed from the 'anyway up' cup which required great suction powers for a small child, to the 'kids on the go' range with a 'pop up' spout like an athletes water bottle. This was so good, we bought 3 and still use them in the car. I think they were from Tesco. They drip a little if you knock them over, but that isn't too much of a problem.
are they they ones with the piccies on - little animals and stuff?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
not been on for a while - look what i've missed, breastfeeding amongst other things House sale wise bugger all happening - not had another viewer since first one week or so ago. Lots of people seem to slow down, stop and stare but no-one wants to view
Hi Dan,

We're all in the same boat. I think it was about 3 months before we dropped the price - but it hasn't helped.

We wish we had a combi, left a beautiful boiler in our last house, inherited a crap one in this house............. To replace it have to replace all the small bore pipes. Decided to sell before we got as far as doing this!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The ones we have don't - they are plain colours. BUT they are 4/5 years old! So the design could have changed.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

we havent yet dropped price - been on just short of 5 weeks - but someone in our street has just undercut us by £15k so may need to drop a few thou at least.

The thing is we are getting the viewers at this price, it is the area so not sure that £5-10k is going make much of a difference - if someone doesnt wanna live in this area they wont pay anything for it!

Whats the competition like?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi Dan,

We're all in the same boat. I think it was about 3 months before we dropped the price - but it hasn't helped.

We wish we had a combi, left a beautiful boiler in our last house, inherited a crap one in this house............. To replace it have to replace all the small bore pipes. Decided to sell before we got as far as doing this!
Must admit we have one they are good except on bath filling notoriously crap (this is on gas) and we have small bore pipes too. Not sure why you would need to change that too? If you do just make sure system is properly cleansed and flushed through before new boiler fitted!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

we havent yet dropped price - been on just short of 5 weeks - but someone in our street has just undercut us by £15k so may need to drop a few thou at least.

The thing is we are getting the viewers at this price, it is the area so not sure that £5-10k is going make much of a difference - if someone doesnt wanna live in this area they wont pay anything for it!

Whats the competition like?
Good question! Well there are a few for sale in our village but prices vary quite widely depending on whats for offer. Similar properties are around for less but prob not quite as good a location blah blah blah!!
http://www.vebra.com/home/search/vde...8&pid=13349295
Have a look tell me what you think!!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

also don't know why but photos look really bad on net!!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good question! Well there are a few for sale in our village but prices vary quite widely depending on whats for offer. Similar properties are around for less but prob not quite as good a location blah blah blah!!
Looks lovely - immaculate inside. Don't know about pricing as I don't know the area, but it doesn't look over priced if you know what I mean. Pershore's a good area, (used to live in Sedgley so roughly know where it is etc.)

I think it's just the awful housing market.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered if you were shipping them ..................
lol - no but we are shipping just about everything else!!!

Good news about the viewer! Fingers crossed for an offer.

Sounds like renting might be an option too???

See you later!
dont really want to rent - going to make finances VERY tight when we get to oz - but might have to

were they the ones with the sort of pop up/flip up spout? we still have a couple of those in the cupboard - ours have little pictures around the sides.

see above

the house looks good
i know that i am 'up north' but heck the prices are expensive around you
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol - no but we are shipping just about everything else!!!

LOL!

dont really want to rent - going to make finances VERY tight when we get to oz - but might have to

Have you looked at remortgaging to an offsetting BTL?

were they the ones with the sort of pop up/flip up spout? we still have a couple of those in the cupboard - ours have little pictures around the sides.

Yes they have a pop up spout - bit smaller than a water bottle. They seal really well and only leak if toppled when open.

see above

the house looks good
i know that i am 'up north' but heck the prices are expensive around you

I won't tell you what they're like round by us then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.