Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Thanks for the sympathy guys, it's great to have somewhere to rant!
Had a fab night with freinds, they brought champagne to celebrate our visa so viewer soon forgotten.
Maybe we'll find out what happened to them on Monday.
Feeling a bit worse for wear this morning so off to check out these blogs you're all on about to take my mind off it!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

thinking about booking our flights! what do you think??
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Thanks flyaway am lazing in my pit. feeling a bit brighter thanks

That's good news. Stay in bed all day, you'll feel better for it. Can you take a sick day tomorrow? Sounds like you need one! At least you don't have to worry about cleaning up for the viewers! Nothing worse when you feel ill.

I spent yesterday doing paperwork for our visa application, dragging boxes of old papers down from the loft finding 20 year old payslips. So now my house is a tip. Guaranteed we'll have a viewing now!

Off to the solicitor tomorrow to get the financial undertaking notorised. What a pain - I reckon I'll have to take a box of papers to prove our worth.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Had a fab night with freinds, they brought champagne to celebrate our visa so viewer soon forgotten.
Feeling a bit worse for wear this morning so off to check out these blogs you're all on about to take my mind off it!
Sounds like a good night! What great friends to understand what the visa means to you. Hope the hangover doesn't last too long.

Yay! Go for it!!

When were you thinking of flying out??
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's good news. Stay in bed all day, you'll feel better for it. Can you take a sick day tomorrow? Sounds like you need one! At least you don't have to worry about cleaning up for the viewers! Nothing worse when you feel ill.
gonna spend the day in bed and see how i feel. thanks for the

I spent yesterday doing paperwork for our visa application, dragging boxes of old papers down from the loft finding 20 year old payslips. So now my house is a tip. Guaranteed we'll have a viewing now!
aint it funny how it always works out that way! I always got viewers when the floor was full of washing or carpet covered in cats hair

Off to the solicitor tomorrow to get the financial undertaking notorised. What a pain - I reckon I'll have to take a box of papers to prove our worth.
i dont envy you at all - just think of it as one more step nearer you dream
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i dont envy you at all - just think of it as one more step nearer you dream
Yes that's true. To be honest, I'm much happier doing things towards the visa than just sitting waiting. I expect I'll get enough of just waiting at the end of the process! I'm sure you know all about that!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes that's true. To be honest, I'm much happier doing things towards the visa than just sitting waiting. I expect I'll get enough of just waiting at the end of the process! I'm sure you know all about that!
tell me about it. i promised myself i would wait patiently - now i am just sick of the whole damned process
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:14 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning All!

How are you this morning Somme? How's the head? Is the house a mess? Hope you had a great time last night!

Hope you're feeling better this morning Daunted and the drugs have kicked in!

Hope your little one had a good night Tiggs and is feeling better this morning.

Hope you had a good night with your friends Dinky2 and feel better this morning. Bloomin viewers - hope you get an explanation!:curse:
Thanks FlyAway
He still has his temperature but is a lot brighter this morning - any 'only' up three times in the night (so not as bad as i was expecting!)
Graz has got the scalextric out to take little ones mind off feeling poorly and it is keeping them all entertained nicely
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

tell me about it. i promised myself i would wait patiently - now i am just sick of the whole damned process

I can't even contemplate how impatient I'll feel by the time I get to your stage. At least you know it must end soon! When were you thinking of booking your flights for? If you have a CO your visa must be granted fairly soon????

We are lucky in a way. We are applying for a 475 and have done most of our waiting at the front end of the process as we've had to wait 4 months for skills assessments and then South Australia shut down their application process for 2 months. So we had to sit twiddling our thumbs for 2 months doing nothing. Then when they opened up again, they had changed the application process, so we've had to start doing the paperwork trail again. (ie the financial declaration) Hopefully we'll get sponsorship by November and get the visa application in by December. We're frontloading, so we should get the grant by March with a 475. Hence the house is on the market as the 475 needs you to live in a State for 2 years within 3 of the grant. So we need to get out there pdq.

Still, onwards and upwards!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:16 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
ooh champagne hangover - nothing worse
what you need is a nice fryup breakfast - always does the trick
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Thanks FlyAway
He still has his temperature but is a lot brighter this morning - any 'only' up three times in the night (so not as bad as i was expecting!)
Graz has got the scalextric out to take little ones mind off feeling poorly and it is keeping them all entertained nicely
Glad to hear he wasn't as bad as you feared and Graz has a fool proof way to distract him! Kids do recover very quickly, so hopefully he'll be over the worst now. Fingers crossed the other one doesn't get it!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
sneaking a peek ...

we keep thinking about it ... and then chickening out

i suppose it really depends on how soon after you sell your house you want/need to fly. We have the added luxury (?!) of being able to stay with my parents for a few weeks so we dont NEED to head straight off. Gives us a bit of breathing space.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:21 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Glad to hear he wasn't as bad as you feared and Graz has a fool proof way to distract him! Kids do recover very quickly, so hopefully he'll be over the worst now. Fingers crossed the other one doesn't get it!!
the first thing i did this morning was check youngests temperature
he is prefectly fine though - at least so far
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you noticed guys that we are getting close to 2000? It would be funny if we got there today before Bushey is back in work on Monday! LOL.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Have you noticed guys that we are getting close to 2000? It would be funny if we got there today before Bushey is back in work on Monday! LOL.

yup it would be the first thing he noticed!

60 odd posts is tall order tho for a sunday - doesnt tend to be so many people on the boards and not much house selling going on ... still we could just natter for a bit - that should do it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.