Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 5th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

www.emigrate2.co.uk/shows_and_publications.htm

Because I'm an EA, and the migration agent have contacts on the Gold Coast, I'm going to use them to help me get a job. I can only work 20 hours paid a week but will work more unpaid, though I will be paid commission on anything I sell. Got to get a sales licence first, and hope they will employ someone who is not a PR. I'm a good branch manager and excellent salesman, so would you turn me down?

Bushy.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Which show are you going to? We are toying with the idea of going to the one in London at the start of Nov. We are applying for a skilled visa, but if the OH can get a job we could short circuit the whole process. This show apparently has lots of employers.

You're going for a student visa aren't you? Why have you got an agent??? You just need an offer of a place on a course, apply for visa 4 months before course starts. Bobs your Uncle! (I looked into this whilst deciding on what visa to apply for.)

Hope you can get some good answers out of your agent! What do you want to know?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman

Because I'm an EA, and the migration agent have contacts on the Gold Coast, I'm going to use them to help me get a job. I can only work 20 hours paid a week but will work more unpaid, though I will be paid commission on anything I sell. Got to get a sales licence first, and hope they will employ someone who is not a PR. I'm a good branch manager and excellent salesman, so would you turn me down?

Bushy.
Of course they wouldn't turn you down Bushey!

Glad to hear the agent will be working for you for their money!

Have a good time at the show!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Of course they wouldn't turn you down Bushey!

Glad to hear the agent will be working for you for their money!

Have a good time at the show!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Got loads at home, just got this one of some Brolgas on the campsite in Longreach. (Outbck Queensland)

Attachment 54776
Great pictures, can't wait to get there and explore

Bushy.
Just looking into this visa for my daughter, who is over there on a WHV
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm going over on my partners student visa. Some employers can be a bit funny giving work to a none PR, as they consider certain people and backpackers as non-committal. I'm hoping they will see that renting a property, my experience, age and the fact we are there on a 2 year student visa and after that an 18 work experience visa, they will take us seriously. Oh and my professional manner and charm.

The things you have to do without having a trade or profession.

Originally Posted by somme
Great pictures, can't wait to get there and explore

Just looking into this visa for my daughter, who is over there on a WHV
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people Have i missed anything?
My 'buyers'have been round today measuring up for what ever and agree they want to be in by mid November too.
I have ordered my packing boxes which are being delivered on Monday good to be doing something constructive
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:45 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daunted
My 'buyers'have been round today measuring up for what ever and agree they want to be in by mid November too.
I have ordered my packing boxes which are being delivered on Monday good to be doing something constructive
Sounds great news, positive!!
Our people sent the surveyor round Friday, so hopefully they are serious now!

Off to "chuck out "again...
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Thats great daunted. Glad everything ticking along nicely for you. Have had 2 viewings this week, both got feedback that they liked the house but no offers as yet
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarab40

Congratulations to both of you!!
Just spent an hour cleaning the bathroom so tonight's viewer had better show!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:09 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinky2
Thanks

positive thoughts for tonights viewer XX
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good!

How exciting getting your boxes!

Sounds good too! The buyers have at least committed some money to the process!

Have fun chucking out!

Originally Posted by spaceys
Thats great daunted. Glad everything ticking along nicely for you. Have had 2 viewings this week, both got feedback that they liked the house but no offers as yet
Fingers crossed for some offers!

Good luck with the viewings!

We've had no phone calls or viewings. Considering lowering the price again and then contacting everyone who seemed keen to let them know.

Last edited by Fly Away; Oct 6th 2007 at 2:39 am. Reason: crap 1 finger typing while eating!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the surveyor is always a good sign cos they having to start paying out now!! great news!

Originally Posted by spaceys
Try to keep positive spaceys -know that feeling oh so well. ONE person that is all it takes xx

Just make sure you are the first one to get benefit of a lovely clean bathroom (best wait til viewers have gone first though!)

Sounds good!

How exciting getting your boxes!
Sure is - and i get a roll of bubble wrap and one of those tape gun thingsy

Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:07 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

how exciting how ya feeling today?

thats really good news, we've been into EA this morning with stuff for solicitor ( they're conected to EA, hopefully this wil make things run quicker). mentioned that we want to exchange before 1st week in nov and we're flying out on 18th, might change these flights but i'm not gonna tell them he said that he'll contact all parties on monday
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:10 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

now going to print of the 'TO DO LIST' on here
and good news............ singapore airlines wont charge us of we want to change flight! at last we're saving money somewhere!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by want2bthere
how exciting how ya feeling today?

thats really good news, we've been into EA this morning with stuff for solicitor ( they're conected to EA, hopefully this wil make things run quicker). mentioned that we want to exchange before 1st week in nov and we're flying out on 18th, might change these flights but i'm not gonna tell them he said that he'll contact all parties on monday
Truth? feeling terrible, want to sit in corner and cry feeling sorry for myself. My left eye has all swollen so not only do i feel crap i also look it too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.