Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:13 am
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

THINGS DOGS DON'T UNDERSTAND.
1. It's not a laugh to practice woofing at 3am.
2. It's wrong to back Grandma into a corner and guard her.
3. He shouldn't jump on your bed when he's soaking wet.
4. The command "SHUT THE BLOODY F*** UP!" means just that.
5. The cat has every right to be in the sitting room.
6. Crapping on the carpet is not something deserving of a biscuit.
7. Barking at guests ten minutes after they've arrived is stupid.
8. No, we said SIT!
9. I know it's a nice leg, but don't ride it.
10. Getting up DOESN'T mean Walkies.
11. Just because I'm eating, doesn't mean you can.
12. If you look at me with those big soppy eyes, I'm NOT going to give in
and feed you. NOT. NOT. Oh, ok. just this once.
13. No it's my chocolate ... Oh alright then, just a small piece.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:19 am
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

hope you're Not eating ...........

1) NUDITY
I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when
a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark
naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout
from the back seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"

2) OPINIONS
On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note
from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are
not necessarily those of his parents."

3) KETCHUP
A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup out of the jar. During her
struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer
the phone. "Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's
hitting the bottle."

4) MORE NUDITY
A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's
locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies
grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in
amazement and then asked, "What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a
little boy before?"

5) POLICE # 1
While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was
interrupted by a little girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at
my uniform, she asked, "Are you a cop?" "Yes," I answered and continued
writing the report. "My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask
the police. Is that right?" "Yes, that's right, " I told her. "Well,
then," she said as she extended her foot toward me, "would you please tie my
shoe?"

6) POLICE # 2
It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the
station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was
barking, and I saw a little boy staring in at me "Is that a dog you got
back
there?"
he asked. "It sure is," I replied.
Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van.
Finally he said, "What'd he do?"

7) ELDERLY
While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly
shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds.
She was unfailingly intrigued by the various appliances of old age,
particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs. One day I found her
staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself
for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered,
"The tooth fairy will never believe this!"

8) DRESS-UP
A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw
her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that
suit."
"And why not, darling?" "You know that it always gives you a headache
the next morning. "

9) DEATH
While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister
heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt.
Apparently,
his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin.
Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a
small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the
disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the
appropriate prayers
and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his
father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaather, and unto the Sonnn, and
into the hole he goooes."

10) SCHOOL
A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just
wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and
they
won't let me talk!"

11) BIBLE
A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he
fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible.
He
picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had
been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found," the boy
called out. "What have you got there, dear?"

(promise you're not eating?)

With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's
Adam's underwear."
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:13 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

ok i have decided that i am the only person in the whole world (other than my mum!) with morals
EVERYONE else i have spoken too has said we should take the higher cash buyer offer and tell the couple who's offer we accepted that we are pulling out.

This is called gazumping and it is a really mean thing to do
All of us sellers on here have been complaining for months about the lack of morals and regard for other peoples feelings from our buyers (yes we have had a buyers who have pulled out too) and yet everyone says i should do it

Once and for all - am i being stupid thinking like this - or should i take the offer (which i conceed is better all round for us) and make someone feel really upset?

i wish i didnt have a conscience

EDITED to add that the higher offer is still about 5% less than our valuation price.

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Oct 31st 2007 at 2:16 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:15 am
Home Owner

found this on the subject

What Is Gazumping?
'Gazumping' is the term used to refer to when a seller accepts an offer from one potential buyer, but then accepts a higher offer from someone else. The first buyer is left in the lurch, and either has to offer a higher price or accept that they have lose that home and continue looking. This practice tends to occur in a market when house prices are rising are there are more buyers around than sellers.

The problem is that until contracts have been exchanged the sale agreement is not legally binding. Once your offer has been accepted, either you or the seller can pull out at any time until the exchange of contracts. Unfortunately agents are legally obliged to inform sellers of all offers made on their property, even after one offer has been accepted. But during this period between the acceptance of your offer and exchange, you as the buyer spend a considerable amount of money on surveys, solicitor's fees, and confirmation of your mortgage offer. If the sale falls through you do not get this money back, and have to fork out all over again next time round – that is, unless you have been put off the idea of buying a new home. If you are part of a chain of sales, you could even be affected by someone else being gazumped.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:24 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
found this on the subject
well up to now the couple who we have accepted the offer from have not paid out any money - they have not yet engaged a solicitor and no survey has been paid for. So financially they are not going to loose.

so we are back to the 'only' result in this case is upsetting someone
(and i dont like upsetting people)
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:28 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

for what its worth i would except the higher offer, like you said the other couple havent lost out on anything and only just put offer in, they may even come back with a higher offer and ask if thats enough for you to take it of market.

good luck x

Last edited by want2bthere; Oct 31st 2007 at 2:40 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
well up to now the couple who we have accepted the offer from have not paid out any money - they have not yet engaged a solicitor and no survey has been paid for. So financially they are not going to loose.

so we are back to the 'only' result in this case is upsetting someone
(and i dont like upsetting people)
Hi Tiggs - I wouldn't normally recommend it either, but in this case, you have the doubt that you have been stitched up. Perhaps you could call the couple and explain that the EA didn't pass the other offer on to you. They may match the Lady's offer??? If it is a stitch up you may get some more info. Just an idea.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't normally say take the higher offer, but I don't think EA have been entially honest so in this case take the higher offer, could pay for tepory accomadation in Oz
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
ok i have decided that i am the only person in the whole world (other than my mum!) with morals
EVERYONE else i have spoken too has said we should take the higher cash buyer offer and tell the couple who's offer we accepted that we are pulling out.

This is called gazumping and it is a really mean thing to do
All of us sellers on here have been complaining for months about the lack of morals and regard for other peoples feelings from our buyers (yes we have had a buyers who have pulled out too) and yet everyone says i should do it

Once and for all - am i being stupid thinking like this - or should i take the offer (which i conceed is better all round for us) and make someone feel really upset?

i wish i didnt have a conscience

EDITED to add that the higher offer is still about 5% less than our valuation price.
It certainly is a hard one Tiggs, go with your gut feeling and what you feel is right, not much help I know.
Christina X
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

what do you think of the avatar
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
LOL!!!! You look stunning there Somme!

You have to go and post on the Happy Birthday Mr Bond thread now!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:59 am
sneaking a peek ...

excellent!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Well Graz did want a stripped bond girl for his bithday, couldn't let him down
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well Graz did want a stripped bond girl for his bithday, couldn't let him down

All his wishes have now come true!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I hope he is so obliging when it is my birthday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.