Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Dan, IC and FA,

It's just stupid, over here someone of the IMF said that house prices were overpriced by 30%. The president of the Dutch bank had steam coming out of his ears and called them :curse:http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif.
He said it's statements like this that make things come true, consumers hear it's overpriced, the will act upon it, hence making the market fall apart.

I hope you will all find EA's who are communicative, responsive, thoughtfull and very very very good salespersons!!! http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif Good luck with the viewings!

Here's a big kiss for all of you http://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/1.gif
That's what needs to be said over here. Instead, the media print it over and over just to make news stories and then it happens.... today the news said property prices had gone down 10% in a year.

Thanks for the kisses.

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Yes said he will post them tomorrow.....funny thing is He said they are e-tickets which I presumed would be emailed to me??::
We had E tickets to Oz last year and got them by email....
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:40 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck tomorrow with the viewing FA, I'm wishing...wishing...wishing...and wished that me wishing could make it come true

Have a good evening all

ttfn

Miranda xx
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:42 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fingers crossed for the new viewers!

Sod the old ones. They are stupid. :curse:

We have another viewer tomorrow - just put their house on the market. Sigh, can't see anything coming of it... have to let them in though. Trouble is, we have a mountain of stuff in the hall ready to send to auction. Just have to ignore it won't they!

Really angry with our EA they have ballsed up our ad by putting the wrong price on and now they have corrected it, a potential buyer thinks we have put it up because he is interested..:curse::curse:

Have a 2nd viewing on my rental flat on Saturday. Can but hope.

I still need loads of good luck this week... the low offer is just too low.
good luck N for tomorrow
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Wo nic hope it all works out for you hunny, you could do with some good luck

[SIZE="7"]Congratulations Dinky2[/SIZE

Fingers crossed tina

Well Fly what can I say apart from good luck with the viewers tomorrow, fingers crossed and everything else for a decent offer And the flat sell's too!!!!!!!

Sorry if I have missed anyone, and good luck with everyone who has a buyer
Originally Posted by tum
Good luck tomorrow with the viewing FA, I'm wishing...wishing...wishing...and wished that me wishing could make it come true

Have a good evening all

ttfn

Miranda xx
Originally Posted by Icarus
good luck N for tomorrow
Thanks all. It does help to have people to talk to.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kapri
Just coming to have a rant everyone

AAArrrggghhh!!!!

The only thing we're waiting for is our buyers to get a survey done and complete their mortgage offer. It's been dragging on for weeks now. It took ages for then to get their mortgage in principle. It's now been okayed subject to survey. This was a week ago - still no sign of the survey. Until they have a survey done they will not have any financial losses if they pull out.
I have left 2 messages for my EA today but he hasn't called me back
I know he is trying to chase it with their financial advisor but it's causing me a huge amount of stress
i've got everything crossed for you and i am willing them to get your survey done! - just send them on to my house afterwards please

Originally Posted by michell
can i come and join in the whinging?

am i being silly here, our house went on the market 2 weeks ago and have had 2 lots of pics done, last lot was last monday ok, now the EA told us this was so that or property would go into the local rag, well guess what it didnt, we havent heard a dicky bird from our EA, i asked the EA who came on monday to take pics, if he had heard anything, e.g any interest, no interest , you know what i mean , anyways his reply was "i have no idea i am just here to take the pics", well am i jumping the gun by thinking what are they doing?

We have heard nothing am i being to optomistic in thinking we may have had something by now, i have heard people have put their house on the market and had at least 1 or 2 viewings in the first week, even tho they may not have come to anything, should i ring the EA and ask whats happening and why did it not go in the local rag, (thats their job really but feel i may need to do their job of finding out any info so far )

michellx
we had our first viewing after 6 weeks

but you really need to kick your EA for not putting the ad in the paper!!

Originally Posted by dinky2
A bit of hope for you all:

We've Exchanged!!!

Completion date set for 16th May, then it's a month's notice at work and we're off! Can't believe it's finally happening after two failed sales and nearly 12 months on the market. Don't give up hope everyone

that's brilliant news!!! i am really chuffed for you
get packing
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. I'm sure all of your good luck and karma has helped no end, as well as your support when things haven't been so great!
Have been spreading the news around the family, they are pleased but sad which I didn't really think about I have been so caught up in worrying about the sale. Looks like the next few weeks will be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster
Have provisionaly booked the first flight of our en-route holiday for 16th June, 7 weeks today, scary but very exciting too.
Will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.
Good luck and you will get there in the end,
C
xx
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

We've Exchanged!!!
Completion date set for 16th May, then it's a month's notice at work and we're off! Can't believe it's finally happening after two failed sales and nearly 12 months on the market. Don't give up hope everyone
That's brilliant news, must be a big relief, especially after such a long time.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
EA rung some someone (who's on their books) has just driven passed my house and wants to come and view it (why the hell did it take for them to drive pass to know it was on the market)?

She said she likes it.

Bad news the other viewers said it was to small for them. I had a look at their house on rightmove and its a lot bigger than mine. Can't understand why these people want to down size but want the same size as what they have only cheaper
What are they like, I really don't think some people even read the property details :curse:
Good luck with the new EAs but maybe you won't need them. Sounds like quite a good percentage though, guess they are feeling the squeeze too and are just keen to get new clients

Fingers crossed for the new viewers!

Sod the old ones. They are stupid.

We have another viewer tomorrow - just put their house on the market. Sigh, can't see anything coming of it... have to let them in though. Trouble is, we have a mountain of stuff in the hall ready to send to auction. Just have to ignore it won't they!

Really angry with our EA they have ballsed up our ad by putting the wrong price on and now they have corrected it, a potential buyer thinks we have put it up because he is interested.

Have a 2nd viewing on my rental flat on Saturday. Can but hope.

I still need loads of good luck this week... the low offer is just too low.
Its all sounding good with the viewers, fingers crossed now for one with a nice big wallet

Originally Posted by nickywes

Isn't it horrible all this waiting. Waiting for the TRA, waiting for the medicals and police checks, waiting for the visas, waiting for houses to sell, waiting for the surveyor, waiting for the flight!!!!

Nicky xx
I think I've spent the last year waiting, waiting, just as you say. As soon as you've finished celebrating one thing, its straight back to work with the next big thing, god knows, we'll all be nervous wrecks (or alcoholics) by the time we actually get to Oz!

Originally Posted by Kapri
Just coming to have a rant everyone

AAArrrggghhh!!!!

The only thing we're waiting for is our buyers to get a survey done and complete their mortgage offer. It's been dragging on for weeks now. It took ages for then to get their mortgage in principle. It's now been okayed subject to survey. This was a week ago - still no sign of the survey. Until they have a survey done they will not have any financial losses if they pull out.
I have left 2 messages for my EA today but he hasn't called me back
I know he is trying to chase it with their financial advisor but it's causing me a huge amount of stress
Sounds like someone is taking the p*** here but as you say its hard to know what to do as you don't want to lose them BUT equally you don't want to miss potential viewers.
Hope that survey gets done soon or at the very least, you get told what is going on.

Originally Posted by wardy2
We were told exactly the same thing everything been okayed and just waiting for a surveyor that was April 3rd our conveyencer told us on 10th april thats what our EA said.

On April 16th EA denied saying this despite conveyancer writing down all details of conversation. :curse:

With your conveyancer telling you to remarket if not done in a week is there a time limit to when survey has to be done.

I'm getting to point i dont care if i frighten them off we took a hit on price because our buyers promised us a quick turn around they havent delivered so feel we should tell them we are upping the price to another offer we have had.

So confused by all this.
Your situation sounds very familar, they seems to be a lot of buyers/estate agents/banks messing people around and all blaming each other.
Maybe if you tell them that you have had enough, especially as they promised a quick deal, then see what they do, often its enough to kick them up the bum and make them get on with things. Fingers crossed for you

Originally Posted by suart
wow alot of pages to read lol can anyone give me an update?

Hi ic did your new EA turn up?

Nic was thinking of you all weekend, hope your ok hunny

Fly can I uncross my fingers yet? still sending you luck

Hope everyone is ok, suppose im going to have to do a bit of reading, i need you log on everyday from now on

Well my new EA came today and took the pics, she is going to email my new booklet over to me tonight. As they take over on thursday she is goingt o have it put in the paper that day !!!!!!! Well I hope she keeps to her deal.
Hopefully will get some viewers from the advert, Ive not had any for the last 9 weeks now

good luck everyone for some viewers this week
Good luck with the new agent, fingers crossed they get plenty of viewers for you.

Lots of luck for everyone this week, lets hope May brings lovely weather and plenty of good, generous buyers

Sam
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:07 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

We've Exchanged!!!

Woo Hoo - Go team D2!

Last edited by Kris_Rocks; Apr 28th 2008 at 9:15 am.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, that was my first proper go at multi quoting, I got a bit carried away.
Also had problem with too many smilies in original messages, so took some out - then thought perhaps that wasn't the done thing sorry.

Just didn't want to start all over again!

Sam
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Also had problem with too many smilies in original messages, so took some out - then thought perhaps that wasn't the done thing sorry.

Sam
Well done - you have to take the smileys out - don't worry!

Just waiting for a nice big wallet to show up!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:44 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hullo everyone.

Huge congrats Dinky2

Haven't been on much as I am too depressed about the whole selling bollox. Will post when I have some good news.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:21 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Sam
Hi Sam, well done on you multi quoting , don't worry, I also take out smilies, people still know what you mean

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hullo everyone.

Huge congrats Dinky2

Haven't been on much as I am too depressed about the whole selling bollox. Will post when I have some good news.
Hi hun, here's a big hug for you

Good luck today FA and everyone else too of course
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sam
I think you should have been made to start all over again hahaha

If my multi posting would have been that long I would have forgot what I was gunna say buy the time i got to the bottom

Think you had better wave that wand over my house Sam

How's it going with your sale?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Well done - you have to take the smileys out - don't worry!

Just waiting for a nice big wallet to show up!
Fingers and toes crossed for you Nic!!!! Its great that you can be there when the viewers show up. Wish we had the same In Ireland. Going to give our EA's a call this morning and try and spur them into some sort of action. 3 viewings since xmas is not good at all:curse::curse::curse:!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:54 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all

Just a quick pop in to say good luck today FA and also to anyone else with viewings. It is p***ing down here so doesn't look too pretty if we get any viewers!!

Nicky xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.