Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:39 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Kapri
Just coming to have a rant everyone

AAArrrggghhh!!!!

The only thing we're waiting for is our buyers to get a survey done and complete their mortgage offer. It's been dragging on for weeks now. It took ages for then to get their mortgage in principle. It's now been okayed subject to survey. This was a week ago - still no sign of the survey. Until they have a survey done they will not have any financial losses if they pull out.
I have left 2 messages for my EA today but he hasn't called me back
I know he is trying to chase it with their financial advisor but it's causing me a huge amount of stress
We were told exactly the same thing everything been okayed and just waiting for a surveyor that was April 3rd our conveyencer told us on 10th april thats what our EA said.

On April 16th EA denied saying this despite conveyancer writing down all details of conversation. :curse:

With your conveyancer telling you to remarket if not done in a week is there a time limit to when survey has to be done.

I'm getting to point i dont care if i frighten them off we took a hit on price because our buyers promised us a quick turn around they havent delivered so feel we should tell them we are upping the price to another offer we have had.

So confused by all this.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
Take it off. While you are displaying the sold bit people are not even going to bother looking at your house. Get them interested now and if someone makes a bid you can get a bidding war going.
Don't think there's much chance of a bidding war in this market but I'll give it til Thursday then take the sold sign down and ask the agents to start giving out the details again.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:40 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - EA says it's being authorised and should happen in the next couple of days.
This is exactly what was said last week
well you gotta stick it out a day or so then , unless your gonna get tough but thats risky
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:41 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
We were told exactly the same thing everything been okayed and just waiting for a surveyor that was April 3rd our conveyencer told us on 10th april thats what our EA said.

On April 16th EA denied saying this despite conveyancer writing down all details of conversation. :curse:

With your conveyancer telling you to remarket if not done in a week is there a time limit to when survey has to be done.

I'm getting to point i dont care if i frighten them up we took a hit on price because our buyers promised us a quick turn around they havent delivered so feel we should tell them we are upping the price to another offer we have had.

So confused by all this.
There's no time limit for a survey it's just all we are waiting for and it's dragging on and on.
Do you know what the hold up is with yours?
My EA says it's the fall out from the credit crunch - Banks are taking much longer to authorise mortgages. He says there's not much anyone can do.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:42 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Icarus
well you gotta stick it out a day or so then , unless your gonna get tough but thats risky
It is risky. The buyers have all the power at the moment
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:47 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

There's no time limit for a survey it's just all we are waiting for and it's dragging on and on.
Do you know what the hold up is with yours?
My EA says it's the fall out from the credit crunch - Banks are taking much longer to authorise mortgages. He says there's not much anyone can do.
Ours is a bit more complicated.

Buyers application was with an Irish bank submitted on 27th march. We found out from a mortgage broker friend of mine who rang the bank, not about our specific case but generally was told that they were not giving mortgages to the mainland anymore since march 31st and if the offer was not with the underwriter by then they would not get a mortgage.

I told our EA this we found out last week after EA kept telling us everything was fine and surveyor was due.

What a wasted month and so annoying.

Do you know who the buyers mortgage application is with your EA should know and can tell you if may give you an idea of how long the back log is Abbey and BOScotland are the worse.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:48 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

It is risky. The buyers have all the power at the moment
yes , you've hit the nail right in the bush there .
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by wardy2

Do you know who the buyers mortgage application is with your EA should know and can tell you if may give you an idea of how long the back log is Abbey and BOScotland are the worse.

Yes - they're with Abbey Typical!

Hope yours sorts itself out soon
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

wow alot of pages to read lol can anyone give me an update?

Hi ic did your new EA turn up?

Nic was thinking of you all weekend, hope your ok hunny

Fly can I uncross my fingers yet? still sending you luck

Hope everyone is ok, suppose im going to have to do a bit of reading, i need you log on everyday from now on

Well my new EA came today and took the pics, she is going to email my new booklet over to me tonight. As they take over on thursday she is goingt o have it put in the paper that day !!!!!!! Well I hope she keeps to her deal
Hopefully will get some viewers from the advert, Ive not had any for the last 9 weeks now

good luck everyone for some viewers this week
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:06 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by suart
wow alot of pages to read lol can anyone give me an update?

Hi ic did your new EA turn up?

Nic was thinking of you all weekend, hope your ok hunny

Fly can I uncross my fingers yet? still sending you luck

Hope everyone is ok, suppose im going to have to do a bit of reading, i need you log on everyday from now on

Well my new EA came today and took the pics, she is going to email my new booklet over to me tonight. As they take over on thursday she is goingt o have it put in the paper that day !!!!!!! Well I hope she keeps to her deal
Hopefully will get some viewers from the advert, Ive not had any for the last 9 weeks now

good luck everyone for some viewers this week
Hi Emma , yep new EA taken pics today , takes over on Thursday too .

hope our new EA's pull their fingers out .

good luck
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:19 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=me1966;6277502]
Originally Posted by nickywes
Lets hope the new EA does his job for you and gets some real viewers. I can't even think positively at the moment and have lost it big time

Will attach a picture of his car, god knows how they did that but am sure it will cost us a packet. Can't go through insurance as have a claim going still for his accident and they have already put his insurance to 2,500k under my name on an £800 car.

I do not understand this, who does the car belong to?
The car belongs to me but my son is insured on it, why are you asking?

Nicky
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:22 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

[QUOTE=me1966;6277502]
Originally Posted by nickywes
Lets hope the new EA does his job for you and gets some real viewers. I can't even think positively at the moment and have lost it big time

Will attach a picture of his car, god knows how they did that but am sure it will cost us a packet. Can't go through insurance as have a claim going still for his accident and they have already put his insurance to 2,500k under my name on an £800 car.

I do not understand this, who does the car belong to?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:30 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

can i come and join in the whinging?

am i being silly here, our house went on the market 2 weeks ago and have had 2 lots of pics done, last lot was last monday ok, now the EA told us this was so that or property would go into the local rag, well guess what it didnt, we havent heard a dicky bird from our EA, i asked the EA who came on monday to take pics, if he had heard anything, e.g any interest, no interest , you know what i mean , anyways his reply was "i have no idea i am just here to take the pics", well am i jumping the gun by thinking what are they doing?

We have heard nothing am i being to optomistic in thinking we may have had something by now, i have heard people have put their house on the market and had at least 1 or 2 viewings in the first week, even tho they may not have come to anything, should i ring the EA and ask whats happening and why did it not go in the local rag, (thats their job really but feel i may need to do their job of finding out any info so far )

michellx
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:31 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Icarus;6277776]
Originally Posted by me1966

Just reduced the house again by 25k to go in the paper via the new agent with a bang. I am thinking what else can we offer them, kids, dog, car, soul??

He has just suggested to one of the viewers from the weekend (who has not even sold theirs) that we may be up for a part exchange. Not a bad idea as it would at least release some money.

Nicky
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Our viewers have been and gone don't know one way or other if they was interested

But I do know they are real viewers this time as the the new EA who came before them said he had mr and mrs blah blah who will want to come and look, his face was a picture when I told him they were already coming.

Wouldn't sign anything as he wanted 1.5% for his fees so gunna think about it. He has to come back to take the photos as I was pushing him out the door before the viewer came.

Please please let these people buy it!

Tina x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.