Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 7th 2008, 5:02 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Must say that I've been admiring Icarus' house in the classifieds & was convinced he had the woman's touch But he's cheated - oh the shame of it!
she only started last week
Old May 7th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

I "don't work" either, allegedly....

but I don't have a cleaner or a gardener, I just gaze at the mounting chaos & blow the dust away from the laptop

All systems go for next Monday by the way - we sign on Saturday & pick up the keys on Monday morning
Good luck for Monday

Sam
Old May 7th 2008, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I "don't work" either, allegedly....

but I don't have a cleaner or a gardener, I just gaze at the mounting chaos & blow the dust away from the laptop

All systems go for next Monday by the way - we sign on Saturday & pick up the keys on Monday morning
Hi Jen, crossposted. You sound like me, the housework comes last on my list of priororities - except when we have a viewing.

Good news re the rental - do you have a link????

Originally Posted by Icarus
Reconstructed ?

Like Steve Austin !! yes
Not quite - lose a bit and don't stick it back on.

Must say that I've been admiring Icarus' house in the classifieds & was convinced he had the woman's touch But he's cheated - oh the shame of it!

Sympathies re the DD from here too - mine are 11 & nearly 13 - why oh why didn't I leave them in the maternity hospital? Must have been all those drugs
PMSL, they only gave me paracetamol... why did I bring mine home??

she only started last week
LOL, back tracking now!
Old May 7th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sympathies re the DD from here too - mine are 11 & nearly 13 - why oh why didn't I leave them in the maternity hospital? Must have been all those drugs
Yeah, sometimes I wonder why we are all so hellbent on having kids - today is one of them

Daughter is having the screaming ab dabs as she has some great piece of homework to do tonight, didn't "remember" over the long weekend apparently.
Have tried to be patient and offer my help, only to be met with "its not homework but I've got to do it, I'll be in trouble and won't be allowed on the school camp"
Me replies "what exactly do you have to?"
Daughter "I don't know - if YOU weren't going away for the w/e I could do it then, so its all YOUR fault, its not my fault I didn't remember last week"

Count to ten - very very slowly

Sam
Old May 7th 2008, 5:18 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Daughter is having the screaming ab dabs as she has some great piece of homework to do tonight, didn't "remember" over the long weekend apparently.
Have tried to be patient and offer my help, only to be met with "its not homework but I've got to do it, I'll be in trouble and won't be allowed on the school camp"
Me replies "what exactly do you have to?"
Daughter "I don't know - if YOU weren't going away for the w/e I could do it then, so its all YOUR fault, its not my fault I didn't remember last week"

Kill her. Slowly & painfully.

You know it's the only reasonable course of action.

Old May 7th 2008, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Kill her. Slowly & painfully.

You know it's the only reasonable course of action.

There speaks the voice of experience!
Old May 7th 2008, 5:29 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Jen, crossposted. You sound like me, the housework comes last on my list of priororities - except when we have a viewing.

I had to tidy up for the landlord sending a potential new tenant to view the other day - I was horrified

Good news re the rental - do you have a link????

It was on Rightmove, but just checked & it's gone. Basically it's a big 4-bed detached on a quiet lane. Nice things like period features & conservatory. Around a quarter acre garden too

PMSL, they only gave me paracetamol... why did I bring mine home??

Sounds like you were diddled both ends of the bargain honey

LOL, back tracking now!

Going back to check out the beautifully plumped cushions & the flower arrangements again - I reckon he's been taking lessons from Colin & Justin - he'll be telling us about the cosy little vignette he's created on his coffee table next
S'pose I'd better open a bag of salad for tea
Old May 7th 2008, 5:35 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

OK who started the talk about cleaners? Making me feel guilty. Mine is just a basic really hoover and dust because nobody cleans as I want it but it does help once a week. Ic - ours is £12 an hour and she does 5 hours, not even that well either.

The rest of the week is spent on everything else and I mean everything. OH employs 5 staff plus about 10 subbies and he does not know one bit about how the company is run and weekends are his time off and doesn't want to be bothered with any household or garden chores

So that will be full time administration, garden, cars, washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning the other 6 days (fanatical), applying for 2 visas and TRA's, part time sports coach and talent scout (paid), everything to do with kids, walking the dog, sitting chatting on BE......................and the list goes on.

I feel better now and not so lazy
Old May 7th 2008, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE]I had to tidy up for the landlord sending a potential new tenant to view the other day - I was horrified

That must have been a shock to the system.

It was on Rightmove, but just checked & it's gone. Basically it's a big 4-bed detached on a quiet lane. Nice things like period features & conservatory. Around a quarter acre garden too

Sounds like our house. Told you you could rent ours!

Sounds like you were diddled both ends of the bargain honey

I was lucky - DD's head too big for my fused hips so I had a scheduled C section... no pain....

Going back to check out the beautifully plumped cushions & the flower arrangements again - I reckon he's been taking lessons from Colin & Justin - he'll be telling us about the cosy little vignette he's created on his coffee table next [QUOTE]

I know - I want him to come and 'style' my house too. I like the place settings on the dinner table.

S'pose I'd better open a bag of salad for tea
That's advanced for you....
Old May 7th 2008, 5:41 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Ha , new vid on Youtube soon ... thanks for the inspiration
Old May 7th 2008, 5:43 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by nickywes
OK who started the talk about cleaners? Making me feel guilty. Mine is just a basic really hoover and dust because nobody cleans as I want it but it does help once a week. Ic - ours is £12 an hour and she does 5 hours, not even that well either.

The rest of the week is spent on everything else and I mean everything. OH employs 5 staff plus about 10 subbies and he does not know one bit about how the company is run and weekends are his time off and doesn't want to be bothered with any household or garden chores

So that will be full time administration, garden, cars, washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning the other 6 days (fanatical), applying for 2 visas and TRA's, part time sports coach and talent scout (paid), everything to do with kids, walking the dog, sitting chatting on BE......................and the list goes on.

i don't have one really .... i dreamt it
Old May 7th 2008, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes

It was me. I think you sound like you have more to do than me - but not that much. I use my 'spare' time to look after a small child and do the housework.
Old May 7th 2008, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ha , new vid on Youtube soon ... thanks for the inspiration
Link please for those of us crap at navigating Youtube.
Old May 7th 2008, 5:51 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Link please for those of us crap at navigating Youtube.
yeah , not sure i like it

Last edited by Icarus; May 7th 2008 at 7:01 pm. Reason: i don;t like & it will return ... Faster , Stronger
Old May 7th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah , not sure i like it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xGFPmAVN8yg
PMSL, Million Dollar Pat. That's you that is...

Like the avatar biline....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.