Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Evening all,
Well apart from the baby making mile high business plan (ace idea - me first!!!) it seems its just another day in EA land.
Bunch of no good smooth talking b******s. I had emailed ours with some extra photos and the question of dropping price. Got a reply 3 days later about photos but ignored the price drop bit???!!!!:curse: Hello anyone there??? Now been on the market 6 months and if memory serves me right we have had 4 viewers and one of those came for 2nd viewing. It is so depressing I know exactly how everyone feels - I would be happier if someone might even come through the door once in a while
DTP
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Checked on website photos now on but.......not all???!!!!! Said she would get back to me but............I think you've guessed:curse:
Taken ones of our house and annexe next door (M.I.L lives) and asked them to separate photos so you could clearly see what was what. But no just slapped together hap hazard and not even all there!
Re-turfing lawn tomorrow and friday then will get other agents round to value / get their opinions.
I know the market is shite but is it too much to ask to get some communication from these people once in a while??
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Evening all,
Well apart from the baby making mile high business plan (ace idea - me first!!!) it seems its just another day in EA land.
Bunch of no good smooth talking b******s. I had emailed ours with some extra photos and the question of dropping price. Got a reply 3 days later about photos but ignored the price drop bit???!!!!:curse: Hello anyone there??? Now been on the market 6 months and if memory serves me right we have had 4 viewers and one of those came for 2nd viewing. It is so depressing I know exactly how everyone feels - I would be happier if someone might even come through the door once in a while
DTP
Evening DTP. Bloomin EAs.:curse:

Have you read today's posts? Nicky, Beth and Tina all got lied to by their EAs.:curse: If I were you, I would ring up and TELL them you are dropping the price. Even better, tell them you are finishing their contract and moving to someone else. They've had their chance!

The market has dropped since last year, so dropping your price is sensible - check out local competion and drop to below their price. Make sure it's your house which sells.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Have you read today's posts? Nicky, Beth and Tina all got lied to by their EAs.:curse: If I were you, I would ring up and TELL them you are dropping the price. Even better, tell them you are finishing their contract and moving to someone else. They've had their chance!

The market has dropped since last year, so dropping your price is sensible - check out local competion and drop to below their price. Make sure it's your house which sells.
Hiya,
Yeah skimmed through but too depressing the sods! Want to do lawn so there really IS nothing to do in the house then get other EAs round.
Looking forward to threatening EA at least - see what others have to say.
Local competition is roughly same as ours give or take 5k. If prices are going to drop in Oz as here then it won't matter at least thats what I am hoping!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
Yeah skimmed through but too depressing the sods! Want to do lawn so there really IS nothing to do in the house then get other EAs round.
Local competition is roughly same as ours give or take 5k. If prices are going to drop in Oz as here then it won't matter at least thats what I am hoping!!!
Give them hell!:curse:

Good to hear that you are already close to the other houses - make sure you are cheaper than the one which is not quite as good as yours.

We have a flat on the market too, () We put it on £2K cheaper than another flat which is almost the same. EXCEPT ours has good views and a new kitchen and bathroom. If someone had to chose between the two, ours is nicer and cheaper!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Give them hell!:curse:

Good to hear that you are already close to the other houses - make sure you are cheaper than the one which is not quite as good as yours.

We have a flat on the market too, () We put it on £2K cheaper than another flat which is almost the same. EXCEPT ours has good views and a new kitchen and bathroom. If someone had to chose between the two, ours is nicer and cheaper!!
doh who did the plumbing??? can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for it ( unless you did it yourself!)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:28 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Evening all,
DTP

Hi DTP Someone just lined up to come and look gets exciting but I would rather have nobody than be lied to. 6 months and 4 viewers isn't exactly rocking the boat is it? We are going into 4th month now with only 2 viewers from this EA, one on 2nd viewing too. We will sell eventually I suppose.

Have spent the last hour looking at corporate lettings, which are few and far between and mostly in London. We may qualify for that as only 20 min drive.

We have now decided to give EA a roasting tomorrow about not advertising for last 3 weeks. Both my daughters work for the Herts Mercury (the local paper) and have said he has the same 4 houses in from last week, much lower value, so think he may feel easier to sell or maybe sellers are just tougher on him. He has said that we can have a full page ad, which we will insist on and we are going to reduce 50k (in for a penny) and want it in big letters reduced for quick sale or something like that (don't want people messing us around).

Anyway going to Woburn Abbey Safari Park tomorrow with my nieces and kids so should get away from it all and come back to some good news!!!!!!

Nicky xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

doh who did the plumbing??? can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for it ( unless you did it yourself!)
We bought it in 2000 with both already done - the other flat has 1980s kitchen and bathroom in bad nick. Ours is still in good condition.

My OH does all the plumbing, heating and wiring stuff mind you and we just get it checkd and certified afterwards. (Sorry chuck!)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi DTP Someone just lined up to come and look gets exciting but I would rather have nobody than be lied to. 6 months and 4 viewers isn't exactly rocking the boat is it? We are going into 4th month now with only 2 viewers from this EA, one on 2nd viewing too. We will sell eventually I suppose.

Have spent the last hour looking at corporate lettings, which are few and far between and mostly in London. We may qualify for that as only 20 min drive.

We have now decided to give EA a roasting tomorrow about not advertising for last 3 weeks. Both my daughters work for the Herts Mercury (the local paper) and have said he has the same 4 houses in from last week, much lower value, so think he may feel easier to sell or maybe sellers are just tougher on him. He has said that we can have a full page ad, which we will insist on and we are going to reduce 50k (in for a penny) and want it in big letters reduced for quick sale or something like that (don't want people messing us around).

Anyway going to Woburn Abbey Safari Park tomorrow with my nieces and kids so should get away from it all and come back to some good news!!!!!!

Nicky xx

Give him hell Nicky!! If he doesn't get his finger out, you dump him from a great height!!:curse:

Good luck with the price drop - we are considering it too - once we know what's happening with the two developers the EA has promised.

Corporate let is hard to find info on isn't it? You are probably in a much better location than us. I was planning on ringing all the big companies in the area to see if they needed a house.

Have a good day tomorrow! Sounds great!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

oh wow, seems like all the EA's are crap
besides having had only 1 viewing set up which got cancelled ours are not too bad. well, prompt and when they say they'll call me he always does!
now we just have to agree on a price

Hiya,
go dan go!!!!
do it for all of us!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:49 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Give him hell Nicky!! If he doesn't get his finger out, you dump him from a great height!!:curse:

Good luck with the price drop - we are considering it too - once we know what's happening with the two developers the EA has promised.

Corporate let is hard to find info on isn't it? You are probably in a much better location than us. I was planning on ringing all the big companies in the area to see if they needed a house.

Have a good day tomorrow! Sounds great!
We are still going to dump him but not until we have used him for a full page ad

Don't know why Paul doesn't want to come with me tomorrow, think it may have something to do with going with a 25yr, 17yr, 5yr and 3yr old oh and also us paying too!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Don't know why Paul doesn't want to come with me tomorrow, think it may have something to do with going with a 25yr, 17yr, 5yr and 3yr old oh and also us paying too!!!

scardy cat
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are still going to dump him but not until we have used him for a full page ad

PMSL!! I think he would be out numbered!

I hope you do get the ad out of the agent. Might it not be better to get a guarantee of an ad from a new agent??? This EA could keep promising and not delivering.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:57 am

PMSL!! I think he would be out numbered!

I hope you do get the ad out of the agent. Might it not be better to get a guarantee of an ad from a new agent??? This EA could keep promising and not delivering.
Yes we did think that but we have to give 2 weeks notice so that means we would not have advertised for 5 weeks in total. You can't win really bloody EA's. Trouble is they really do not have the buyers to send but all we want is honesty and to ring when they say etc etc.

I wonder where all this is going, maybe once the scaremongering has calmed down things will get better again. Normally the building industry goes down first and yet Paul is getting inundated again with pricing so it is not that bad.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes we did think that but we have to give 2 weeks notice so that means we would not have advertised for 5 weeks in total. You can't win really bloody EA's. Trouble is they really do not have the buyers to send but all we want is honesty and to ring when they say etc etc.

I wonder where all this is going, maybe once the scaremongering has calmed down things will get better again. Normally the building industry goes down first and yet Paul is getting inundated again with pricing so it is not that bad.
That's good, (the innundated bit) A big builder went bust here a few weeks back as people have stopped buying new builds.... I think the property market has been worse here for longer.

I see your thinking re the EA. When you break the contract, tell him you are happy to accept offers from anyone he has introduced during his contract and will pay him commission. Might get him to drag some punters in!

It's all so flamin complicated isn't it? Why can't we just MOVE there without this hassle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.