Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Blinkin heck, I have every card from my OH for the last 24 years!!! How am I going to ship them??
I was the same, sorted through them a couple of weeks ago and just kept the really nice ones. It was sad to see them go in the recycle bin
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:40 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I really feel for you suart, its worse than never having a buyer somehow.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Yeh its back on the market, but the thing is now there is 6 houses in our street on and next doors is going on soon
We also have my Oh company asking when we will be over
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
PMSL. That's a good idea. We just buy cards and usually just go out for a meal. Although DD has to come as we don't have anyone to babysit.

I have 3 babysitters if you want them! Long way to go though.

Thanks Nicky - yes it would be a long way. OH's parents are in Brum and all family are in Oz, so hopefully things will improve when we get there!

I think she is really worried in case we don't make it out there.
Ah bless her. You will make it and her boyfriend is with her. He will look after her until you can get there. I predict you will be there sooner than you think! Just wait for that ad to be printed.

That's really funny, what are you going to do with them all?
I don't know? Maybe we should have a ceremonial burning????

Originally Posted by dinky2
It's awful isn't it: I would definitely put it back on the market till the survey if it's not on already, can't afford to miss any viewers if these turn out to be wasting your time. We lost 6 weeks on the market in the summer due to a time waster
Hope things get sorted for you soon:
I agree - the same thing happened to us. It's hard though.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Yeh its back on the market, but the thing is now there is 6 houses in our street on and next doors is going on soon
We also have my Oh company asking when we will be over
Would you consider renting until the market improves???? Would get you out there. Not what you want to hear obviously. Might be worth looking into...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:42 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well evening all, just thought Id pop on before I go to bed!!!!!!( very early I know )
Hope all goes well for you mozzy, an offer would be nice!!!!!

Well I have been on and off here all day and now I have decided that I have had enough of all this shit. We have waited for 3.5 weeks to have a survey done and are still none the wiser. I have tried to contact the buyer he was meant to be calling me tonight but hasn't. I well pissed off they made the offer on the 6th march and we have still not done anything.
I really do not know what to do with regards to all this.

hope evryone else is ok
Sorry havent been on my internet is playing up.

Everything is a nightmare at the minute.

Edit: Just read your other posts sorry it doesnt seem to be going to good I would definately put it back on the market.

Kaye

Last edited by wardy2; Apr 10th 2008 at 11:46 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:11 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

I also wish I had done it years ago but I do think it is easier for the youngsters now to just up and off, for me it would have been a mammoth task. Maud, that is an old fashioned name isn't it? Not heard that one about at all.I agree:
I suppose it is. Although it's a name you hear pretty regularly over here. Joe (6) has a girl in his class with that name. And do you know what's funny, her mothers name is Ria. Oh and here' to the youngsters

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i tell you what - 10min later the EA called me that mr. soandso wants a second viewing with his wife

set up for tomorrow 10am - at least i can tidy up a little bit

but who on earth were all these people today
WOW, that's a true case of 'go with the flow', I hope the second viewing today will be fruitful!!

Just asked my OH what date it is and he said 10th. Oh no thought I, it is our anniversary tomorrow and I haven't got a card. Luckily nor has he so we are going down to get one tomorrow. We don't buy presents for each other but have always got the nicest slushiest cards so for me to forget is really unusual. Must have other things on my mind!!!
Congrats and happy anniversary

I nearly started crying at work the other day when my kind colleague pointed out the latest house crash headlines, I wouldn't normally let things like that get to me
Hi hun, I know what you mean, I sometimes feel like that too, but....don't let them get to you...they don't know how you feel and most of the people out there can't (except the occasional few) relate to your feelings. They are not out there to intentionally hurt you, it's just that some people have poor judgement about those things. I mean.....you've probably read those headlines, but you don't want your face to be rubbed into it!!

Here's a pic to cheer you up
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:45 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tum
I suppose it is. Although it's a name you hear pretty regularly over here. Joe (6) has a girl in his class with that name. And do you know what's funny, her mothers name is Ria. Oh and here' to the youngsters

WOW, that's a true case of 'go with the flow', I hope the second viewing today will be fruitful!!

Hi hun, I know what you mean, I sometimes feel like that too, but....don't let them get to you...they don't know how you feel and most of the people out there can't (except the occasional few) relate to your feelings. They are not out there to intentionally hurt you, it's just that some people have poor judgement about those things. I mean.....you've probably read those headlines, but you don't want your face to be rubbed into it!!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_6dngziSFeMU/...og-costume.jpg
Morning Tum

That picture is so cute, wish we had got a small dog rather than our big bouldering clumsy labrador (not really).

When I chose Ria is was not very popular but now I keep hearing the name more and more. I got it from the programme Butterflies with Wendy Craig, did you ever watch that.

Do you actually live in Amsterdam? I have been there so many times as I worked for Amsterdam Travel for a few years. Love it there, very lively and buzzing.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tum

http://bp0.blogger.com/_6dngziSFeMU/...og-costume.jpg

Awww, thanks Tum I wouldn't mind but he's only just sold his own, completes today, so he should know better! Well, time to go and face the idiot at work again now but at least it's Friday
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Awww, thanks Tum I wouldn't mind but he's only just sold his own, completes today, so he should know better! Well, time to go and face the idiot at work again now but at least it's Friday
I would have said something, like, well you know how hard it is, you were very lucky. Hopefully that would have made him think twice about being so thoughtless. There are a couple of people on BE who love telling you that they forsaw all this coming and sold last year. It annoys me as a lot of us have been on the market since they put theirs on - just haven't had the same luck. (We had a buyer who pulled out.:curse

BTW - not you Jen if you are reading this - wouldn't want to make you feel any more guilty hun.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Would you consider renting until the market improves???? Would get you out there. Not what you want to hear obviously. Might be worth looking into...
hi FA have looked into renting, but it will not work for us. oh today is another day lol

good luck with the viewings everyone fingers crossed
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:39 pm

hi FA have looked into renting, but it will not work for us. oh today is another day lol

good luck with the viewings everyone fingers crossed
Hi all - Just had EA on the phone to see what I thought of the advert. Haven't seen it yet but OH picking up a paper on the way home later. He reckons that if that doesn't sell it then it just won't sell at the moment!!

I am really worried about renting it out and moving over the other side of the world and I don't have family or whatever to keep an eye on it. Does anybody know someone that has done it with good results, just to make me feel better really.

Good luck all for this weekend
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

viewers came and left - after 36 minutes

again 5 people but completely different ones - well, the one who's doing all the talking was the same - but he introduced me to the actual buyer and his wife!!

and i told the EA to come along too - full house
and this time it was tidy and clean [woheyyy]

lots of oooohing and aaaahing and hmmmming
and they really looked everywhere!!!!
they even went into the loft

so, we are just waiting for the EA to come back to us ...

can't get our hopes up just yet

is it a good sign when the buyer asks if we've sorted our end of buying?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by mOZzy
viewers came and left - after 36 minutes

again 5 people but completely different ones - well, the one who's doing all the talking was the same - but he introduced me to the actual buyer and his wife!!

and i told the EA to come along too - full house
and this time it was tidy and clean [woheyyy]

lots of oooohing and aaaahing and hmmmming
and they really looked everywhere!!!!
they even went into the loft

so, we are just waiting for the EA to come back to us ...

can't get our hopes up just yet

is it a good sign when the buyer asks if we've sorted our end of buying?
That sounds really positive, I do hope they will buy it. Were these people connected with the last lot that came or new one's? Very confusing.

I would say that is a real good sign that they asked that question.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

i know nicky - very confusing!
but they were connected
just a big family i guess and everyone wanted some input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.