Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Cat after my own heart!! One of mine used to love chocolate and once stole my easter eggs when I was a child. You'd better watch out!!
I have to lock her in the Utility room when we are eating - she cries the whole time...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, it sounds like the market is picking up at last
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:24 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

From reading your posts, it seems indeed that the market is starting to move.

I expect this is due to the time of year, as Spring is traditionally a good time to sell.

Lets hope with a further cut in interest next month, which looks increasingly likely, that things start moving further.

Janine
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
I have to lock her in the Utility room when we are eating - she cries the whole time...
Bless - I bet she feels left out. You should give her a lttle bit of her food at the same time, so she feels the same as everyone else.

Originally Posted by somme
Hi all, it sounds like the market is picking up at last
Hi Somme!! How are you? Fingers crossed things are moving now. Have you bought your camper van yet??

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi all,

From reading your posts, it seems indeed that the market is starting to move.

I expect this is due to the time of year, as Spring is traditionally a good time to sell.

Lets hope with a further cut in interest next month, which looks increasingly likely, that things start moving further.

Janine

OO yes an interest rate cut would be VERY good. Thought they'd said not for a while but now I am hoping.

Well, have to go and clean my kitchen now. Somehow it has to stay clean as we have our meds tomorrow morning so I won't have much time... Shall we go to a hotel??
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:40 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

OO yes an interest rate cut would be VERY good. Thought they'd said not for a while but now I am hoping.

Well, have to go and clean my kitchen now. Somehow it has to stay clean as we have our meds tomorrow morning so I won't have much time... Shall we go to a hotel??
Wrap everything and everyone in clingfilm. Don't let anyone touch anything. And keep a cloth in your back pocket just in case.

Failing that go a live in the shed
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Wrap everything and everyone in clingfilm. Don't let anyone touch anything. And keep a cloth in your back pocket just in case.

Failing that go a live in the shed
Good idea - our shed is a whopper, you could get the beds in and everything.

My OH seriously suggested that we should move out of the house while it was on the market. He is fed up with living in a show home, (it has been 9 months now.) Reckoned it would take the stress off me as we could live in a rented tip.

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 18th 2008 at 11:20 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Not yet too busy trying to asses the damage done to stuff from our container :curse:
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not yet too busy trying to asses the damage done to stuff from our container :curse:
Oh no - what's happened??? Did the stuff get wet or crushed?? Oh God, how awful.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:23 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we are officially on the market

All that's left to say is:

BRING IT ON

Janine
good luck guys , lets get them sold
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh no - what's happened??? Did the stuff get wet or crushed?? Oh God, how awful.
Lots broken, so badly packed. Washing machine and freezer packed with doors taped shut full of mould, dishwasher big dent and not working, tumble drier works but has all dicolured from a heat source. They even packed the books pages downwards and the backs are now broken, they were sh*t and I fed them and tipped them :curse::curse: I will let you know if the insurance is any good
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hello my lovelies - sorry but finding it all soooo depressing..... you know what, I dont even wanna talk about it, so I guess Im on the wrong thread BUT I know you lot always cheer me up.

Someone sing me a song....
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Lots broken, so badly packed. Washing machine and freezer packed with doors taped shut full of mould, dishwasher big dent and not working, tumble drier works but has all dicolured from a heat source. They even packed the books pages downwards and the backs are now broken, they were sh*t and I fed them and tipped them :curse::curse: I will let you know if the insurance is any good
OMG Somme you must be sooo angry!!! :curse:what a bunch of incompetant assholes. ((hugs)) fingers crossed the insurance is good for you.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hello my lovelies - sorry but finding it all soooo depressing..... you know what, I dont even wanna talk about it, so I guess Im on the wrong thread BUT I know you lot always cheer me up.

Whats up hun, the market will pick up then you can be over here in the warm rain
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lots broken, so badly packed. Washing machine and freezer packed with doors taped shut full of mould, dishwasher big dent and not working, tumble drier works but has all dicolured from a heat source. They even packed the books pages downwards and the backs are now broken, they were sh*t and I fed them and tipped them I will let you know if the insurance is any good
Oh, that's just heart breaking. I'm so upset for you. The electics don't really matter, it's the personal things like books that mean something which hurt isn't it?? Which company did you use? We moved 1 mile up the road with Pickfords and they trashed loads of our stuff. It put me off so much that I am sending all my antique stuff to auction and getting rid of most things. Have to risk the sentimental stuff I suppose.

Sending you a big ((())) I thought all the sh!tty stuff was over for you.

Originally Posted by Gonnago

Hi Hayles. Thought you were avoiding us. Sending you big hugs too my lovely. Is it the buyers p'ing you off again???

Sorry I'm tone deaf - I don't think that would cheer you up. More like send you right round the bend.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

That is dreadful, hope you don't mind my asking but who did you use, then I can remember to give them a wide berth

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.