Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Good morning all
Sorry I aint been around had a busy week !

Hope you are all well this freezing blowy (is that a word) day. I have got up with a head cold boohoo but hey not bothered as we are packing our things up today, well most of it anyways. We move out a week today, sols said they are waiting for a response from the buyers sols re questions but cant see it being a problem. She said we are aiming for a completion date of the 30th so we r gona move out next Sat eekkkkkk

I thought I would be sad about leaving the house but I am so not an I am dying to get out of here off to tescos to get some grub and beers got phils parents comin round for a curry tonight then a nice lie in tomorrow.

Amanda xxxx
Morning Amanda,

We kinda figured that you would have been a bit busy! Hope that your cold gets better quickly and that you don't have too much left to do. Your buyer definately sounds like one in a million! When they're finished buying your house, can you send them our way?

Have a good time tonight!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Morning all.

Trouble is he is so laid back about things he would never get around to it
He also has close friends in New Zealand who have been trying to get him over there for years - maybe between us we can persuade him

i dont think that i would let a court case stop me going - i would just work on the theory that if i needed to come back i would sort it at the time.

The loft is all but done - been doing that for weeks already a bit at a time.
just going to work from one room to the next today - shouldnt be too bad (i hope)

Morning Tiggs,

Hope you can persuade your friend! Maybe filling the forms in for him would help!

The court case is a bit complex and I can't say much about it, but she is a witness for the Government against her employer so until it is over she might not be able to prove her employment either. It's a nightmare for her.

Good luck with your sorting and chucking! Hopefully this will all be over soon and you can just look forward to the next bit of the adventure!

Morning to everyone else,

Hope you have good luck today!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:30 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

afternoon all, well had a busy day so far cleaning and throwing stuff, steve went to work this morning even though he's finished so that put pay to the plans i originally had. still havent sold car but got lots of people coming to look at steves van so hopefully that will be one out of the way.
got a family meal with steves parents and relatives tonight, not particually looking forward to that. without trying to sound like a bitch steves mum is sooooooo emotional, say boo to her the wrong way and she gets upset and starts having heart palpitations. so i shall just remain calm and take it all in me stride, back to cleaning,have a good day fellow wphs's
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
morning amanda
i havent been around that much either - we have the packers in a week on monday and i been trying to get organised!
i cant believe how quick the sale has been for you - definitely a good buyer to get hold of! hope things go smoothly with the move
I know how you feel we all seem very busy. I bet you are so nervous, excited, scared, happy all in one !!! yup the sale has been amazing lets hope it goes ok this week and completes on time. We are lucky as it is a company who rents homes out who is buying it. enjoy the rest of your packing hun

A XX

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5595295]Morning Amanda,

We kinda figured that you would have been a bit busy! Hope that your cold gets better quickly and that you don't have too much left to do. Your buyer definately sounds like one in a million! When they're finished buying your house, can you send them our way?

Have a good time tonight!

Hi hun, yes great buyer we have been lucky they wanted it, ! We have done nothing we planned to do eeekk. I took some tablets for my cold they were so strong I was stoned out my tree in tescos I had to go to bed for 4 hours !!

Better now beer is chillin in fridge Yummy

Amanda x

Originally Posted by want2bthere
afternoon all, well had a busy day so far cleaning and throwing stuff, steve went to work this morning even though he's finished so that put pay to the plans i originally had. still havent sold car but got lots of people coming to look at steves van so hopefully that will be one out of the way.
got a family meal with steves parents and relatives tonight, not particually looking forward to that. without trying to sound like a bitch steves mum is sooooooo emotional, say boo to her the wrong way and she gets upset and starts having heart palpitations. so i shall just remain calm and take it all in me stride, back to cleaning,have a good day fellow wphs's
Bless you I know what you mean, Phils mam was the same a few weekas ago and we aint even going until next yr ! bless you get ratted drink loads of wine

A xx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

anyone who has actually managed to sell a house recently, how quickly can it go through? We found our buyer back in Mid August. We thought everything was going ok, but slow. Then this week his mortgage company phoned up to have another basic survey done, even though they have already had one, and two extra ones. Apparently this sometimes happens if they change mortgage product but within the same company??? Buyer says he hasn't changed his mortgage product and has no idea why they are doing the survey (which he doesn't have to pay for).
We also just found out that he only just signed the papers for the solicitor to represent him on Wednesday (our solicitor sent theirs all the paperwork week before last). He says he has been told we will be ready to exchange contracts in the first week in December. I'm not sure who told him as he has a mortgage advisor too who seems quite lax.

My course starts in Adelaide on 4th December. We haven't told him this, but we have told him we need to exchange before Xmas (which was when we started telling me 1st week in Dec).

We will phone our solicitor on Monday to ask them, but we really are stressing at the moment. I just feel like crying all the time, other half is off work with stress, it feels like it is never going to end, and that we will end up missing out on the course, and having to wait ANOTHER year.

Any motivational posts would be great.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon everyone,

Too many posts to quote, so I'll try and reply to you all - apologies if I miss anyone!

Pumkin Blossom - hello and welcome to the WPHS thread - what took you so long to find us? It sounds like you're having a terrible time. It sounds like your buyer is having trouble getting a mortgage or keeps changing his mind about the mortgage. Me thinks he knows what is going on. If you think it is a risk worth taking, tell him that you need to exchange by X date and if he doesn't then you will rent the house out - or increase the price.

BTW are you going to Adelaide? I think I have seen some of your posts on Adbrits! there are 3 of us on this thread heading there, myself, Tiggs and Graz and Gonnago.

Amanda - Hope you're feeling a bit more human and have a good evening. I wonder if beer and strong drugs mix.........................................

W2BT - Try and have a good night too! In laws are a nightmare sometimes.

Well, my OH and I had a long talk today and have decided to appoint the least worst EA on Monday. Before we do, we'll ring round all the interested people and tell them about the EA. That way we have an excuse to phone and may jog them into making an offer. (Pumkin Blossom - we have sacked our previous EA and have been selling the house on our own for a few months)

Just want to be in Oz NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!:curse:

(Sorry just a bit impatient and fed up today)
Old Nov 24th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I have actually posted on this thread before, a while ago now. I am indeed going to Adelaide , house selling permitting. And I have also been posting on adbrits.
I'm really not sure about our buyer, he doesn't seem very intellegent. I had to explain to him what searches were the other day as he said he had paid for them, but has never bought a house before, so didn't know what they were.

We have told him we HAVE to exchange by xmas, but can complete any time in Jan (at least we would know it was happening then). That was when he started on about exchanging in the first week in December. I just can't see it. Nothing has been happening with this house sale without us phoning, even when we think it is. I tried telling him he would need to hassle his solicitor to get it happening that quick as they all take their time, but I don't think it sunk in. I am going to phone him next week and tell him to let his solicitor know I work near them so will happily take paperwork between the solicitors to save time. Never know, might help.

We had started a diet this week as we will be having medicals soon, and hubbie is rather large, but I just had a big piece of chocolate cake. Never mind, I have too much to worry about without weighing out every sodding thing I eat.

Good luck everyone.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Thanks, I have actually posted on this thread before, a while ago now. I am indeed going to Adelaide , house selling permitting. And I have also been posting on adbrits.
I'm really not sure about our buyer, he doesn't seem very intellegent. I had to explain to him what searches were the other day as he said he had paid for them, but has never bought a house before, so didn't know what they were.

We have told him we HAVE to exchange by xmas, but can complete any time in Jan (at least we would know it was happening then). That was when he started on about exchanging in the first week in December. I just can't see it. Nothing has been happening with this house sale without us phoning, even when we think it is. I tried telling him he would need to hassle his solicitor to get it happening that quick as they all take their time, but I don't think it sunk in. I am going to phone him next week and tell him to let his solicitor know I work near them so will happily take paperwork between the solicitors to save time. Never know, might help.

We had started a diet this week as we will be having medicals soon, and hubbie is rather large, but I just had a big piece of chocolate cake. Never mind, I have too much to worry about without weighing out every sodding thing I eat.

Good luck everyone.
Hi Pumkin Blossom,

I must have missed you on here before in some of the 6700 + posts. PMSL!

It does sound if your buyer is a bit inexperienced and plain daft! Would it be worth writing a little plan out for him showing all the bits of the buying process and the timescales. Tell him you can't wait around for him and 6 weeks is the normal timescale for an uncomplicated sale. He really needs to get onto his solicitor and lay the law down. If it helps, we completed in 5 weeks once!!

Good luck with the diet. I must try to lose some weight for our meds too. I have put on 2 stone since we started this process - mainly from sitting on the computer drinking wine and eating. I must try to stop these things!!

Good luck with everything - you will NOT have to wait another year!!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

OK everyone - gonna sign out for now, final good byes and last bit of packing today. Kids going to their dads so all energies pumped into them tonight to lift their spirits again. gonna take them bowling tonight to try take thier minds off it

I will be back - from the 'other side'. Thankyou for all the support etc etc etc Not sure what else to say.............. but im sure you can all hazard a guess!!

See you at singapore tigresswhite

so long for now xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
OK everyone - gonna sign out for now, final good byes and last bit of packing today. Kids going to their dads so all energies pumped into them tonight to lift their spirits again. gonna take them bowling tonight to try take thier minds off it

I will be back - from the 'other side'. Thankyou for all the support etc etc etc Not sure what else to say.............. but im sure you can all hazard a guess!!

Good luck Daunted, post on here when you can, I hope you have a lovely life in Oz, if we are ever over the west side I will pm you.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone, not been around the last couple of days, Dave has now left work so hopefully we can pull this moving thing together over the next couple of days for the packers on Wednesday.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Wow ten Fosters last night and not even a snifter of a hang over today
Just as well off to Weston Super Mud to visit OH's Granny and take kids on the pier!!!

Last edited by Dan the Plumber; Nov 24th 2007 at 7:31 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The best of luck Daunted!

Thanks for being great company. Let us know how the house sale goes - in fact carry on keeping us up to date with all your adventures. Hope that life in Oz is all you have dreamed of.

Lots of love and hugs. (((((((((()))))))))))
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone, not been around the last couple of days, Dave has now left work so hopefully we can pull this moving thing together over the next couple of days for the packers on Wednesday.
Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Wow ten Fosters last night and not even a snifter of a hang over today
Just as well off to Weston Super Mud to visit OH's Granny and take kids on the pier!!!
Morning both!

Hope you get everything sorted Somme and DTP, Fosters isn't actually beer you know. That's why you don't have a hang over.

I'm off to another kids party this am - do these things never stop (???) see you later.

Last edited by Fly Away; Nov 24th 2007 at 8:55 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Good luck hun hope you have a fantastic journey look forward to your posts from the other side !!

A xx
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Afternoon all,

Hows it going? I'm back from my kiddie party - not too traumatic, although I was a bit miffed when my daughter ate the M&S chocolate birthday cake instead of leaving it for me as she usually does!!

Currently wrapping Xmas presents. It's a bit boring so I'm on here to see if anyone has any news???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.