Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away

thanks N. i couldnt be arsed to find it.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hayley you have nothing to loose by investigating further. Good Luck
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gonnago
you really choose your moments to pop back dont you.

in a nut shell had call from an international recruitment agency yesterday lovely girl, said she had a job for dh - well she said he can chose to work for them casually or she has a fulltime salaried position for him, she also said she will help me find rental, schools, meet us at airport and ferry us around etc

Not heard anymore N. I emailed her last night to say we are happy to go ahead providing he is offered a reasonable wage and opportunity of overtime.

And it looks like I gotta make my own tea, so im off to bed too. catch up tomorrow all

Just seen this, one thing I have to say, those Ozzies are not great at responding, here in the Uk we would be in trouble for their timescales which seem OK to them. Give them the time to respond and keep emailing for updates. I can PM you a couple of examples of dreadful timescales:curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

we're in no hurry - no visa yet so a while to go yet!!!

really am going to bed now - night
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Ohh, 3/4's through a bottle of rose I could be interested, but then again, I think I can hear my bed calling me Bit of a lightweight due to being TOO tired, you know Jason's snoring and the quake last night, which was wind in Jason's world.
PMSL - poor you, my OH just coughs and splutters all night at the moment... looks like it could be worse, although he did once sleep through a hurricane in yugoslavia..

you really choose your moments to pop back dont you.::

Is that what you say to Con??

in a nut shell had call from an international recruitment agency yesterday lovely girl, said she had a job for dh - well she said he can chose to work for them casually or she has a fulltime salaried position for him, :: she also said she will help me find rental, schools, meet us at airport and ferry us around etc:

Not heard anymore N. I emailed her last night to say we are happy to go ahead providing he is offered a reasonable wage and opportunity of overtime.

Good luck - hope it works out.

And it looks like I gotta make my own tea, so im off to bed too. catch up tomorrow all
Night Hayles. xxx

Originally Posted by graz79
anything you want but you haev to come and sit by the riverside in Adelaide to get it

you stay out of this spoilsport...
PMSL, just telling Tracy what could happen.... she hasn't been on the WPHS long enough to remember your Bond phase!

thanks N. i couldnt be arsed to find it.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

we're in no hurry - no visa yet so a while to go yet!!!

really am going to bed now - night
Night again - don't wake Con up...

Off to bed myself - have to be up at 7am again. night everyone.

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 27th 2008 at 10:06 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

anything you want but you haev to come and sit by the riverside in Adelaide to get it

you stay out of this spoilsport...
Sounds perfect But.............................

Could be a problem, first I note you are 28, I am "only" 11 years older than you, but if thats not a problem for you, well......... then it is OK with me and that you like the girls walking by, I sort of waddle by at the mo, too much beer and crisps with the house selling stress All on the thighs too.

Still in Halifax UK, so bit too far to come, but can I bring the kids when we do arrive in Oz Ohh and the hubby, that is if I haven't killed him due to his snoring:curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen this, one thing I have to say, those Ozzies are not great at responding, here in the Uk we would be in trouble for their timescales which seem OK to them. Give them the time to respond and keep emailing for updates. I can PM you a couple of examples of dreadful timescales:curse:
wait till you get out here

we are in the process of doing the house.

you have 2 real deadlines, one is signing the contracts the other is settlement. nobody seems to care. the bank was 2 days late for the contract signing and everybody saw this as being normal.

we are supposed to settle on monday and i got a phone call from the conveyancer yesterday asking if we were aware the bank did not have any money for us yet:curse::curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

wait till you get out here

we are in the process of doing the house.

you have 2 real deadlines, one is signing the contracts the other is settlement. nobody seems to care. the bank was 2 days late for the contract signing and everybody saw this as being normal.

we are supposed to settle on monday and i got a phone call from the conveyancer yesterday asking if we were aware the bank did not have any money for us yet:curse::curse:
This really is dreadful, and what you don't want or need, moving and home buying is stressful enough without this.

It won't be any consolation, but we have had not great service from the agent dealing with our visa in our UK opinion, but from talking to others it seems to be the norm, we are trying to adjust now to the spanish type "mañana" before we arrive

Good Luck with everything and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Tracy
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:47 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I'm just gonna say, before I quote you all, I'm bit pished and I may not ake a whole lot of sense (giggling)
They won't be timewasters Janine, fingers crossed for you. Enjoy your gin and tonic
I hope not, but you never know.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Good luck for tomorrow Janine fingers crossed xx
All my limbs are crossed. Like I said to FA earlier I don't know how I'll open the door

You'll be fine. Although I recognise the headless chicken feeling.
Good smilie. Ask me tomorrow, when I've the head the size of Oz. I would have put a smilie in there but admin says I can't!
Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I'm well and truly stucking feaming!!!
Beth x x
Yup, me too

Jason is at the Offi as I type. We have not reduced as much yet as some on here, £25,000 reduction in 8 weeks is only £3125 per week, whats that to sell, unfortunatley we can't go much lower though, which is why we do not want to specifically advertise that we want offers. We know we will eventually get an offer under the asking price, and we will look at that at the time and hopefully negotiate accordingly. Numpty, Numpty, Numpty

I NEED more wine NOW
Running low on tonic water, but that doesn't usually stop me. HIC.

Right....who's drinking tonight? Anyone fancy playing a 'let's get drunk and sod the EA'?
Beth x x
ME

PMSL!!!

Sod waiting for the phone to ring.
Sod shoving everything into cupboards
Sod those jealous gits who tell you what a mistake you are making

Pass me the desserts!
Yup, I agree

Praise be to alcohol and chocolate
I just got my rug out for Andrew...............sent him to pick it up today but wouldn't let him see what I'd spent £100 on.....LOL
Also bought new silk chocolate coloured curtains for our bedroom and a new bedspread
Need a new lightshade, new bedside lamps and a few accessories and i'm done!!!
Beth x x
Not sure what to say about the rug, but happy christening

Chocs who said Chocs - Jason refusing to go out again, looks like cheese and onion crisps with my white zinfandel - classy

I don't worry about the cleaning, although I need to as my mother is coming for mothers day, so we need at least the ground floor tidy
Thankfully my mother is in Lincolnshire and isn't coming down for Mothers Day, so that's one less thing for me to worry about.

Hey whingers, if anyone of you is on facebook, be my friend

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=695213522
I'll always be your friend

think i need to decorate the outside of my bloody house as i can't seem to get anyone through the front door to see my lovely new things on the inside
Beth x x
Mmmmm, rendering anyone

Careful Tracey, before you know it, you'll be sucked into a World of cat suits and Bond parties....
Sounds good

This really is dreadful, and what you don't want or need, moving and home buying is stressful enough without this.

It won't be any consolation, but we have had not great service from the agent dealing with our visa in our UK opinion, but from talking to others it seems to be the norm, we are trying to adjust now to the spanish type "mañana" before we arrive
Tracy
That's life.

I'm turning off PC now becase I'm starting to get blurred vision and can't type proper

Hopefully I've made perfect sense if not the tough you know what

Night, night.

Happy hangover in the morning for everyone
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Right, I'm just gonna say, before I quote you all, I'm bit pished and I may not ake a whole lot of sense (giggling)

I hope not, but you never know.

All my limbs are crossed. Like I said to FA earlier I don't know how I'll open the door

Good smilie. Ask me tomorrow, when I've the head the size of Oz. I would have put a smilie in there but admin says I can't!

Yup, me too

Running low on tonic water, but that doesn't usually stop me. HIC.

ME

Yup, I agree

Not sure what to say about the rug, but happy christening

Thankfully my mother is in Lincolnshire and isn't coming down for Mothers Day, so that's one less thing for me to worry about.

I'll always be your friend

Mmmmm, rendering anyone

Sounds good

That's life.

I'm turning off PC now becase I'm starting to get blurred vision and can't type proper

Hopefully I've made perfect sense if not the tough you know what

Night, night.

Happy hangover in the morning for everyone
Happy Hangover indeed - finished one bottle, not bothered if I have headaceh in the morning (will let you knw) Beddy bies now, Sweet Dreams EVeryone and thank yo for keeping me sane(ish) over the last few weeks.

Will be back after school run and shouting at EA tomorrow morning xxxxx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:07 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Beth x x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:09 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hey whingers, if anyone of you is on facebook, be my friend

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=695213522
Hi Hayley, have requested to be added as a friend on facebook.

Nicky xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:12 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Hayley have sent a message - this is me

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=656513544

Tracy
Hi Tracy and Hayley
Have requested to be added, this is me on facebook. I think I am the oldest person on there.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697606682

Nicky xx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Totally agree Julie - our last house was on a really busy road and we sold to a couple who fell in love with it. (Although the road wasn't a problem as we were set above it and had a tall hedge.)

We are not directoly on road have got a hedge also and a wide driveway that we share with our neighbours. On the other side of the road behind the trees is a golf course! There are only 16 houses on this development so not a big estate.
Me too!

Great posts Janine and Tracy! I'm going to the supermarket tomorrow too - oh the excitement. Although, since I disovered that I have enough Nectar points to pay for my shopping for the next 10 weeks or so, it's not too bad!
How does this work then, I have recently started shopping at Sainsburys do you just hand over the nectar card when you are paying and then they just take the points????

Happy Hangover indeed - finished one bottle, not bothered if I have headaceh in the morning (will let you knw) Beddy bies now, Sweet Dreams EVeryone and thank yo for keeping me sane(ish) over the last few weeks.

Will be back after school run and shouting at EA tomorrow morning xxxxx
Wow you lot what happened to you all last night sounds like you all got totally hammered!!!!

Well for me have decided to not get stressed about house anymore. Have discussed with OH and we will just have to be careful with our money when we go as we will have 2 houses to pay for but at least we will be able to afford it that was my biggest worry. And if we get the mortgage holiday even better. Just hope it goes this year anyway. Shippers comin in 3 weeks so house will be empty which as the EA tells me it will be harder to sell!!! Oh well am not thinking about it and doing ok and feeling much better about things...........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.