Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Lets hope so Janine, Ks sent.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gonnago
we are going to rent for the time being also, just dont know what to do with money in the meantime, I cant believe you go in 4 weeks, im so jealous, I cant imagine ever getting to that stage
Believe me time will fly.....this has always been our 5 yr plan to go 2008 and it here!!!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Oh my, 4 pages since I went to bed last night.

Originally Posted by spaceys

We are not directoly on road have got a hedge also and a wide driveway that we share with our neighbours. On the other side of the road behind the trees is a golf course! There are only 16 houses on this development so not a big estate.

Try not to worry about the road then Spaceys - it is obviously just an issue for the old couple.

How does this work then, I have recently started shopping at Sainsburys do you just hand over the nectar card when you are paying and then they just take the points????

Just like that - you have to save up a few points (10??), then they wll take them off your bill. You get more value for money if you exchange them for gifts from the nectar site - but you'd only have to ship them.

Wow you lot what happened to you all last night sounds like you all got totally hammered!!!!

I think that's what happened.

Well for me have decided to not get stressed about house anymore. Have discussed with OH and we will just have to be careful with our money when we go as we will have 2 houses to pay for but at least we will be able to afford it that was my biggest worry. And if we get the mortgage holiday even better. Just hope it goes this year anyway. Shippers comin in 3 weeks so house will be empty which as the EA tells me it will be harder to sell!!! Oh well am not thinking about it and doing ok and feeling much better about things...........................
Great plan. Things will work out in the end and when you are in Oz the worries will seem a long way away.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Sounds like everyone had a good night last night, wish I had stayed but was knackered. Lots of facebook people too.

Good luck for today everyone.

Nicky xx
It was a good night.

I'm scared to join facebook, hell, I'm addicted to this thread and BE - what would I be like if I got addicted to something else, I would never emigrate, I would be too busy on the PC to get anything done. But if everyone disapeared over there.....

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Give me half an hour for the paracetamols to kick in....LOL
Beth x x :
which one? Give me time man......I'm rubbing my shaggy pile back up!!!!
Beth x x
ROFPMSL. You cracked me up last night Beth - hope your head feels better soon and the carpet burns heal quickly.

[QUOTE=BethandAndrew;5993411]

I should have made my Ea take off his shiny pointy shoes but he wouldnt have felt quite so Estate Agentish and powerful *rolls eyes* in fact I think he would cry.
PMSL!! Mine has got smelly feet, so I make him keep his shoes on....

Our EA takes his shoes off and guess what, he has white bloody socks, I ask you, do they not have any style?
May have to take him in hand - ginger hair parted in the middle, shiniest shoes ever, white socks, pig looking face, 40ISH AND STILL SINGLE!!
Bless, does he live at home with his Mum too??? I bet she buys the socks, (YUKKKK)

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Good Morning ladies, just wanted to say thanks for a loverly evening last night, we will have to do it again soon Have shouted at the EA, who has now altered our advert, had cup of coffee and am now waiting for renault to arrive to pick up the car, they should have been here at 9.30, can see me shouting at someone else within the next 10 mins. What a good start to the day

Tracy
Have a good shout Tracy - it'll make you feel much better. How's your head? LOL. We did have fun!!

Well have just transferred some money (mininal amount) to set up our bank account in OZ. Best rate we got was 2.08 It going down as well. Feel better now about house as wouldnt want to exchange at that rate anyway and cant see it going up in the near future
Very true - you would only want to drip feed the money through at such a crap rate. Fingers crossed it improves soon.

I can feel this being next on my whinging list, once the house is done, it sucks doesnt it Still have no idea what to do with the equity in our house between selling a buying a new place in Oz, Icarus thinks I should put it on a horse:
He would, wouldn't he.

We are looking for a high interest account - somebody mentioned Swiss francs as a good bet....

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good Morning all.

Well, that was a good night last night and I felt fine when I woke up this morning.

Well my viewers have been and gone. She came round with her mum. They are in rented and want to get on to the housing ladder. I have no idea whether or not she liked the house as she was only here for about 5 minutes.

All the effort I made this morning tidying up everyone whipping the hoover round and the like for 5 bl**dy minutes She could have least commented on how clean and tidy it was

Janine
Glad you felt fine Janine. Sometimes you can't tell what people are thinking. At least you know they didn't go away saying what a filthy house. So there is still hope. Plus you will be getting more viewings really soon!

Well, my news today, after doing my free shop, got home to find a message saying the EA wants me to call after 2pm to have a chat about the last viewer's thoughts.... Must mean the guy has spoken to them. Don't know what to think now. No one buys a house for this much money for cash after seeing it once.... Got a bad feeling... mmmmm

Now Sparky Wife - that's a multipost. LOL
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We planned to rent anyway for at least a year until we find an area that we really liked. I feel so much better today. Even thou not sold or even got any offers, am not going to let the house ruin it for us. We are going anyway in 4 weeks whatever happens so what will be will be.
Go girl! It will work out - you can't get charged any tax on the equity either on the sale or for the transfer - so maybe this is the best place for your money???? 4 weeks - EEEEEK!

we are going to rent for the time being also, just dont know what to do with money in the meantime, I cant believe you go in 4 weeks, im so jealous, I cant imagine ever getting to that stage
I don't think I will ever sell, so won't have that problem. Can't imagine being at your stage either Spaceys and we planned to go April 2008....

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Thanks Tracy and Gonnago

Well the other good news is we're now on the EAs website, so that might start getting them in now.

Here's hoping

Janine
Good news!! Hopefully the phone will be red hot now. Fingers crossed, but have to spread it around before I can give you Ks. LOL.

Believe me time will fly.....this has always been our 5 yr plan to go 2008 and it here!!!!!!
FIVE years - gosh you're organised!!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hey N. we missed you - had a right coffee morning here today

5 years!!!! blimey we only decided to go last april/may - did TRA and then submitted visa in August. Still feels a life time.

N. you must must must join facebook....I need some more friends to come so I can add them to my knighthood application and get you building in my castle. another addiction I have....actually its great for keeping up with people, and should imagine will be great when we are in Oz.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh yeah knew there was something else....I wonder what the EA wanted. sounds dubious doesnt it.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:11 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have time to join facebook On here too much as it is!!!!

Beth x x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey N. we missed you - had a right coffee morning here today

Blinkin heck - I should stop going out, every time I do, there is a big rush on here.

5 years!!!! blimey we only decided to go last april/may - did TRA and then submitted visa in August. Still feels a life time.

We decided last feb - although we did look into it 4 years ago and 12 years ago, but had family drammas which stoped us applying.

N. you must must must join facebook....I need some more friends to come so I can add them to my knighthood application and get you building in my castle. another addiction I have....actually its great for keeping up with people, and should imagine will be great when we are in Oz.
LOL, not that you're addicted or anything....

I am really scared about doing it - I know what I'm like with these things, pus you have to give your real name which is spooky - people can spy on you.

Oh yeah knew there was something else....I wonder what the EA wanted. sounds dubious doesnt it.
I reckon he has made some sort of low offer or some demand... Might ring and see if EA is back sooner than he thought, (he has appointments until 2pm)

I don't have time to join facebook On here too much as it is!!!!

Beth x x
I know the feeling! I daren't look at my post count.....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

you can adjust your privacy settings N. so only those you add can see who you are, and its up to you how much info you put on there.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Go girl! It will work out - you can't get charged any tax on the equity either on the sale or for the transfer - so maybe this is the best place for your money???? 4 weeks - EEEEEK!

I wasnt sure about that. But if thats the case excellent

FIVE years - gosh you're organised!!!
Well i was just due to start my nurse training, which is 3 years and also get at least 1 years experience (which i have now got). Also my son is 13 and from previous relationship so to be honest didnt want to take him when he was younger as not really fair on him. Now he a bit older have said i will pay for him to come back to Uk once a year
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyway have been very good this morning, have been sorting out the garage and a load of stuff for the charity shop. So have loaded car up twice and took that to them. They were very grateful so feel good today And didnt even take mobile phone with me, thats how bothered i am about the house

Going to work thou soon finish thou on friday 14th
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ahhh I see...good for you must be nice to think the whole plan is finally starting to pull in.

Im hoping to do my midwifery training when we are settled in Oz.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you looked into doing it there? You have to pay for nurse training in Oz and it very expensive. It free here and you get a bursary as well
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you can adjust your privacy settings N. so only those you add can see who you are, and its up to you how much info you put on there.
I'll have to think about it...

Well i was just due to start my nurse training, which is 3 years and also get at least 1 years experience (which i have now got). Also my son is 13 and from previous relationship so to be honest didnt want to take him when he was younger as not really fair on him. Now he a bit older have said i will pay for him to come back to Uk once a year
So you decided to become a nurse to get the visa - or did you want to do it anyway? Impressed that you had so much determination to get there if you trained for the visa - 4 years is a long time to wait.

re the tax, if it is your main house, you pay no CGT and you won't pay tax on the exchange gain if rates go up before you sell as it is out of your control when you sell. I think you have 6 months grace after the sale - but you would have to check that out. Even if you go over 6 months you only pay the tax on the difference between the rate on the day you sell and the day you transfer. So it wouldn't be a vast amount and losing 20% of a gain is better than not having the gain at all.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I didnt know that FA. I think I really need some professional advice about this money business...if it was up to me it would have been spent on Oxford St already

Spacey - I havent really looked into Midwifery training yet, im not staying here to do it, if I cant manage to do the training I will just start my business up in Adelaide, I am a birth and post natal doula so I get my fix from that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.