Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by mikeanson
I've spoken to uk housing alliance, they offer an ok deal if you want to continue living in your property because they pay 70 percent of the value now and the remaing 30 percent after 10 years, but you have to live in your property for 10 years and continue to pay rent! Not exactly ideal for me when I'm moving to Cyprus at the end of October!

I've had a letter through the post from a company called Decision Homebuyers www.decisionhomebuyers.co.uk, they've offered me £110k for my property which isn't the full value but not bad, and they're paying my legal fees which is a bonus.
Can you not just sell your house?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:16 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Good for you keeping your cool Another viewer tomorrow, time waster as not sold hers
At least you are getting viewers - we havent had one for nearly a fortnight now. Time to change estate agents i think!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeanson
I've spoken to uk housing alliance, they offer an ok deal if you want to continue living in your property because they pay 70 percent of the value now and the remaing 30 percent after 10 years, but you have to live in your property for 10 years and continue to pay rent! Not exactly ideal for me when I'm moving to Cyprus at the end of October!

I've had a letter through the post from a company called Decision Homebuyers www.decisionhomebuyers.co.uk, they've offered me £110k for my property which isn't the full value but not bad, and they're paying my legal fees which is a bonus.
I would still get your own solicitor to check everything out for you before you sign anything. If you use their solicitors remember that they are not working for you and dont have your best interests in mind!!
I know everyone gives these companies bad press because they dont give you the full value for your house but if they allow you to move forwards with your life and you are happy with the price they offer then why not use them. It definitely takes the stress out of selling.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
At least you are getting viewers - we havent had one for nearly a fortnight now. Time to change estate agents i think!
I am sorry you are not getting any viewer better that than the bloody time wasters I am getting :curse: Clean the house, tidy papers away and they turn up and you know they just want to be nosey.

Everywhere is quite at the moment, it is suppose to pick up the 2 week in September, so try and hang on in there for a while longer, every $ counts to start your new life.

Agree it is stressful beyond belief
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:52 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry you are not getting any viewer better that than the bloody time wasters I am getting :curse: Clean the house, tidy papers away and they turn up and you know they just want to be nosey.

Everywhere is quite at the moment, it is suppose to pick up the 2 week in September, so try and hang on in there for a while longer, every $ counts to start your new life.

I think the house selling is the worst part along with sorting out what to take and what not to take.

Good luck everyone.......++++++ vibes being sent
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:14 am
sneaking a peek ...

I have to say i am surprised at the number of people who will go and nose around someone elses house without ever having any intention of buying it - they must know that they are putting you out and adding to your stress levels yet they still do it.
I mean i like to nose at houses as much as the next person but i restrict myself to show houses - i would never dream of wandering around someones home just because i felt like it

Our best one to date was a viewer who turned out to be the mother of the woman who lives at the bottom of our street who just happens to be in the middle of renovating her house (which just happens to be identical to ours). I was not impressed :curse:
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:16 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say i am surprised at the number of people who will go and nose around someone elses house without ever having any intention of buying it - they must know that they are putting you out and adding to your stress levels yet they still do it.
I mean i like to nose at houses as much as the next person but i restrict myself to show houses - i would never dream of wandering around someones home just because i felt like it

Our best one to date was a viewer who turned out to be the mother of the woman who lives at the bottom of our street who just happens to be in the middle of renovating her house (which just happens to be identical to ours). I was not impressed :curse:
I had a friend who used to do that for decorating ideas I advised her to buy magazines as it drove me crazy when selling my house

Good luck to all you house sellers
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:21 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by asher
I had a friend who used to do that for decorating ideas I advised her to buy magazines as it drove me crazy when selling my house

Good luck to all you house sellers
oooh i would have given her a stern talking to if she had been my friend!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well no viewers and it is driving me crazy as we have to validate our visa's by 14 Feb 08, looks like we will have to do that come back and sell ous in the spring of next year, we will have to go at Christmas as this is the only time hubby can get time off work, it is also the most expensive time to go :curse:

Well back to painting, touching all those places up just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else doing any better?

Karma being sent to all those waiting to sell the house
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:21 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Well no viewers and it is driving me crazy as we have to validate our visa's by 14 Feb 08, looks like we will have to do that come back and sell ous in the spring of next year, we will have to go at Christmas as this is the only time hubby can get time off work, it is also the most expensive time to go :curse:

nope and we have to validate by 16th dec i hate it when things dont go to plan and my P keeps getting stuck!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by want2bthere
nope and we have to validate by 16th dec i hate it when things dont go to plan and my P keeps getting stuck!!
Have you booked your tickets yet?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:47 am
sneaking a peek ...

i have been reliably (??!) informed that second week in september it when is gets really busy with viewers - apparently people start looking after the summer holidays.

Seeing as we havent had a viewer in over a fortnight it cant really get any quieter! Of course now i have been told that if i dont get lots of viewers next week i am going to cry
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

i have been reliably (??!) informed that second week in september it when is gets really busy with viewers - apparently people start looking after the summer holidays.

Seeing as we havent had a viewer in over a fortnight it cant really get any quieter! Of course now i have been told that if i dont get lots of viewers next week i am going to cry
We have been told the same, but as the housing market is running scared over the possabilities of more interest rises, I am not so sure.

Really p***ed off with all this waiting about, just want to get on with my life, rant over and done with.

I have found this site where you can still get cheap flights in December which is has given me a small boost today.

Sending you some house selling karma, it just may help.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Good luck Somme, I have just had floor plans added to my info and a virtual tour in the vain attempt that September will bring them in for a nice new house for Christmas. Our agents are assuring us that September is better for selling you house. Bloody hope so Not pleased with the time wasters and that previous buyers, buyers pulling out.
Just hoping some nice person from the mainland wants a house on the Isle of Wight as a holiday home with furniture. sorry just going into dream mode again.

Anyhow good luck to all would be house sellers out there

Nicky
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Good luck Somme, I have just had floor plans added to my info and a virtual tour in the vain attempt that September will bring them in for a nice new house for Christmas. Our agents are assuring us that September is better for selling you house. Bloody hope so Not pleased with the time wasters and that previous buyers, buyers pulling out.
Just hoping some nice person from the mainland wants a house on the Isle of Wight as a holiday home with furniture. sorry just going into dream mode again.

Anyhow good luck to all would be house sellers out there

Nicky
Hi Nicky

We already have a floor plan but have not thought of a virtual tour.

Have you got your visa, if so when do you have to validate it by?

We are all hoping September is better than August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.