Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Dan. Nice to see you!

You can see my house at;

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Yes we spent £50K on it - mainly invisible stuff like a new water supply, rewiring, clearing and landscaping the garden, upgrading the heating, getting planning permissions. trouble is, we decided to emigrate before it is finished... EAs all said not to bother decorating but not sure if they are right now.... Dropped the price £100k last week and changed to offers over and he is £80K UNDER. I feel like saying add another £100K and you're in with a chance.. the house next door is up for sale for £1.6 MILLION!!!

I'm good - just stressed....

I agree - just sit them in one room and say nothing - you live there and it is very late for little ones.
Wow that's a seriously great house!! This is probably a bit sad but look at the size of some of your rads!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Wow that's a seriously great house!! This is probably a bit sad but look at the size of some of your rads!!!
We had them made to order - each one cost £1K. I shall take them with me if I have to sell for peanuts - in fact, I will gut the house and auction off all the antique fixtures and fittings.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Dan only a plumber would say that!! My other half is a plumber and he would say the same!! Thanks for replies guys.
Claire.x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:43 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thats great
I live with a plumber and i'm so used to that coming out of his mouth
bec
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:46 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Thanks Bec - just hope someone with the money to buy it thinks so. Bloomin pissed off at the cheek of some people. The galling thing is we had an offer of £840K last year which fell through.
oh my god, thats awful:curse:
well whoever bags the sale on your house will certainly have a lovvely family home.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

We had them made to order - each one cost £1K. I shall take them with me if I have to sell for peanuts - in fact, I will gut the house and auction off all the antique fixtures and fittings.
Not much use in Oz though
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Dan only a plumber would say that!! My other half is a plumber and he would say the same!! Thanks for replies guys.
Claire.x
I feel for the person(s) lifting them in
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egghead4

thats great
I live with a plumber and i'm so used to that coming out of his mouth
bec
Ditto (see above)
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
oh my god, thats awful:curse:
well whoever bags the sale on your house will certainly have a lovvely family home.
I know - bloomin nightmare - we saw the crash coming and tried to sell quickly and they kept us hanging for 3 months...and then tried to knock the price down. We said no more at £765K but I wish we'd taken it now.

Not much use in Oz though::
I could sell them on Ebay though!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I feel for the person(s) lifting them in
That would be me and the OH - he plumbed them in! See that lovely oak floor, I hand stripped and sealed that myself too - it's the only room we've decorated. The rest is decorated as it was when we bought it. We have another rad in the hall which is the same but 6ft tall and 3ft wide - 5 tubes deep. That was bloomin heavy!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

That would be me and the OH - he plumbed them in! See that lovely oak floor, I hand stripped and sealed that myself too - it's the only room we've decorated. The rest is decorated as it was when we bought it. We have another rad in the hall which is the same but 6ft tall and 3ft wide - 5 tubes deep. That was bloomin heavy!

At least oak can take the weight And yes to flogging them on ebay - were they the ones welded together? Ie you pick how many columns etc........ priced up a job once for a house full it came to thousands Nightmare quote in the end she went for ordinary white ones:curse::curse:
Btw rang Ea today to get our feedback!! One couple had just listed theirs and were ' seeing what was about' the other lady had sold but lives away and 'oh yes we will chase her up and let you know'
Think they must read it from a script as its the same answer we get everytime
Looking forward to new EA coming tommorrow.........................
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:15 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Glad youve had an offer FA even if he is trying his luck. I hope he ll come back with a higher one, fingers crossed !!

I dont think its rude to have the kids in pjs, EJ would be in his (or even asleep) if anyone came to us at 7.30. Good luck

Joexx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Have a viewing at 7.30pm tomorrow night!!!
Its a late one as they both work, do you think it will be rude to have my two kids in their pj's when they come??? It may make them feel that they have held us up and rush the viewing, what do you think?
Theres not been much action on the viewing front and dont want to qinx it!!
Claire.x
Good luck with the viewing. I don't think it would be rude for the kids to be in their pj's they come at that time they should expext it.

Thanks Bec - just hope someone with the money to buy it thinks so. Bloomin pissed off at the cheek of some people. The galling thing is we had an offer of £840K last year which fell through.

God fly really feel for you you do have a lovely house. If I wasn't going to Oz and had the money I would buy it. Tried to send you karma but I think I'm giving it to you to much

My viewer came with her daughters this evening as her OH couldn't get out of work, they loved it and said it was the best they had seen and she wants to come back again with her OH, I'll have to start charging her rent if she has another view.

Tina x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least oak can take the weight And yes to flogging them on ebay - were they the ones welded together? Ie you pick how many columns etc........ priced up a job once for a house full it came to thousands:: Nightmare quote in the end she went for ordinary white ones

Yes, those are the ones. They are fab - give off so much heat. We had them in our last house too. Have a supplier in Lancashire who makes them. We always get more BTU output than recommended too as I feel the cold and those windows are stone mullioned and are very drafty!!.

Btw rang Ea today to get our feedback!! One couple had just listed theirs and were ' seeing what was about' the other lady had sold but lives away and 'oh yes we will chase her up and let you know'
Think they must read it from a script as its the same answer we get everytime::
Looking forward to new EA coming tommorrow.........................
It sounds like you are well rid of the old EA. Roll on the new one and fingers crossed for a buyer really soon!!! When are you off to Perth? Must be soon!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Glad youve had an offer FA even if he is trying his luck. I hope he ll come back with a higher one, fingers crossed !!

I dont think its rude to have the kids in pjs, EJ would be in his (or even asleep) if anyone came to us at 7.30. Good luck

Joexx
Thanks Joe. I hope he comes back too. Just told the OH and he said he must be having a laugh.

How are you - any joy?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Good luck with the viewing. I don't think it would be rude for the kids to be in their pj's they come at that time they should expext it.

God fly really feel for you you do have a lovely house. If I wasn't going to Oz and had the money I would buy it. Tried to send you karma but I think I'm giving it to you to much:l

Thanks Tina - I got your karma this morning!!: You could change your mind and buy my house you know.

My viewer came with her daughters this evening as her OH couldn't get out of work, they loved it and said it was the best they had seen and she wants to come back again with her OH, I'll have to start charging her rent if she has another view:

Tina x::

Great news - I hope the OH likes it as much. Fingers crossed for an offer really soon, (better than mine too!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.