Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taxi Nos?

Originally Posted by Catcatita
I'm sure this has been asked before and I've trawled the site but can't find the post where a taxi number has been posted! Boy can the Esurians chat....

So does anyone have a number that my friends currently out in CE can have..and do they need to dial 0034 from their UK mobile?

Many thanks
Christine
Hi neighbour
I have but don't know the rules on posting on this site so will e-mail you later.
Kim
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:24 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi neighbour
I have but don't know the rules on posting on this site so will e-mail you later.
Kim
Hi Kim - long time no speak to! How are you both? Are you over in the summer?

Sharon
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:20 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Sam

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday at this time I was sitting outside the clubhouse before I had to retreat indoors as it was so hot. Today, I'm sitting indoors watching it precipitate down like rain is going out of fashion - and the forecast is for more (a lot more) of the same!

Don't need any better reminder of the benefits of CE - and the course was empty. In all the time I was flitting about hither and yon, I only saw four pairs of golfers.

Steve
Courses are empty in England too, Steve. Mind you, that is because the water features now have their own ferry service.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

You have my sympathy; it is hard to comprehend living in a flooded area.
It's raining here, too.
Karma to you,
Regards,
Carol
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi Kim - long time no speak to! How are you both? Are you over in the summer?

Sharon
Hi Sharon, yes we are loving using our pad. Have been getting over for long weekends every 5-6 weeks and looking forward to a full week starting 14th July. Would love to hear how you & Ted are. Send me a PM.
Kim
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Courses are empty in England too, Steve. Mind you, that is because the water features now have their own ferry service.
Very funny. But sad for those living in water features. They have our full sympathy.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi neighbour
Kim
THE "F" WORD

Just moved into Rago I and Fadesa's level of poor performance continues to reach even by their standards new low levels.

The services provided by everybody else, furniture, legals , golf, etc are absolutely superb.

For those moving into Rago I, I would air words of caution;

First, the blocks are not yet fully serviced; lifts are not working; and there is no external car park lighting. The lack of lighting in the car parks is a serious problem, particularly when arriving back late at night and it is absolutely pitch black. Anybody intending to complete under these circumstances, which I would not recommend, must bring a torch!

The non-availability of the lift is presenting serious problems with regard to furnture deliveries and isntallation, again you can all make your own mind up as to whether this is an acceptable basis on which to complete your contacts with Fadesa.

Second; the builders electricity supply, which all new residents are taking over in the short term, consists of a diesel generator (not a permanent supply from a Spanish electricity company). The diesel generator, rather than being located at the construction end of Rago I, it is located directly in front of Block 13, 6 and 5. The diesel generator runs for 24 hours a day, then depending upon which direction the wind is blowing provides the nice smell of diesel fumes, no doubt other residents will be as happy as I am about this.

Fadesa have been approched about removing this generator, but as yet they can not give any committment as to when it can be removed or relocated to a more suitable position. Consequently, anybody intending to be out here in the immediate future will have to contend with the noise from the diesel generator. It was my expectation that builders electricity would be a single permanent metered supply and not a temporary diesel generator.

There are possible problems with the diesel generator in that it only has a limited power capacity and it is likely therefore that it will not support the high current demand needed for the numerous lift installations on Rago I... hence, no lifts.

Finally, and perhaps of much more importance in the long term, is the total lack of any landscaping / tree planting in the car park areas. Fadesa has unilaterally without consulting any of the purchasers opted for an alternative car park scheme to that advised when we purchased in September 2006. We were told by Sylvia in the shed that the landscaping scheme would be identical to Rago II i.e. block paviors in the car park with planted flower beds and trees. Fadesa has changed this design; the hard areas are now pattern imprinted concrete (which is not much of a problem), but Fadesa have made absolute minimum allowance for any planting in the car park areas. Consequently, what we now have does not match Rago II or any of the displays in the shed. In essence, Fadesa has cheapened the scheme and the vista over the car park areas is essentially one of grey concrete.

I have spoken to my Spanish Solicitor about this and Sylvia in the shed (and Grace in aftercare) and they all agree that it is not acceptable, but simply seem to shrug it off. I for one did not buy an apartment to be expecting to look over a mass of grey concrete.

I think this is an unacceptable position and I do not think that others armed with this knowledge should proceed to complete as I have. That is unless you are all fans of large masses of grey concrete. I have instructed my Spanish Solicitor to write a letter of complaint to Fadesa, he has also advised that he will be writing to his other clients to advise of this and the other above mentioned problems. I think it would therefore be in everyones interest and if everyone is similarly minded to complain en mass to Fadesa and ensure that before any further completions take place that Fadesa undertake to provide landscaping scheme in the car parks (planting and trees) equivalent to that in Rago II.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
THE "F" WORD

Just moved into Rago I and Fadesa's level of poor performance continues to reach even by their standards new low levels.

The services provided by everybody else, furniture, legals , golf, etc are absolutely superb.

First, the blocks are not yet fully serviced; lifts are not working; and there is no external car park lighting. The lack of lighting in the car parks is a serious problem, particularly when arriving back late at night and it is absolutely pitch black. Anybody intending to complete under these circumstances, which I would not recommend, must bring a torch!

The non-availability of the lift is presenting serious problems with regard to furnture deliveries and isntallation, again you can all make your own mind up as to whether this is an acceptable basis on which to complete your contacts with Fadesa.

Second; the builders electricity supply, which all new residents are taking over in the short term, consists of a diesel generator (not a permanent supply from a Spanish electricity company). The diesel generator, rather than being located at the construction end of Rago I, it is located directly in front of Block 13, 6 and 5. The diesel generator runs for 24 hours a day, then depending upon which direction the wind is blowing provides the nice smell of diesel fumes, no doubt other residents will be as happy as I am about this.

Fadesa have been approched about removing this generator, but as yet they can not give any committment as to when it can be removed or relocated to a more suitable position. Consequently, anybody intending to be out here in the immediate future will have to contend with the noise from the diesel generator. It was my expectation that builders electricity would be a single permanent metered supply and not a temporary diesel generator.

There are possible problems with the diesel generator in that it only has a limited power capacity and it is likely therefore that it will not support the high current demand needed for the numerous lift installations on Rago I... hence, no lifts.

Finally, and perhaps of much more importance in the long term, is the total lack of any landscaping / tree planting in the car park areas. Fadesa has unilaterally without consulting any of the purchasers opted for an alternative car park scheme to that advised when we purchased in September 2006. We were told by Sylvia in the shed that the landscaping scheme would be identical to Rago II i.e. block paviors in the car park with planted flower beds and trees. Fadesa has changed this design; the hard areas are now pattern imprinted concrete (which is not much of a problem), but Fadesa have made absolute minimum allowance for any planting in the car park areas. Consequently, what we now have does not match Rago II or any of the displays in the shed. In essence, Fadesa has cheapened the scheme and the vista over the car park areas is essentially one of grey concrete.

I have spoken to my Spanish Solicitor about this and Sylvia in the shed (and Grace in aftercare) and they all agree that it is not acceptable, but simply seem to shrug it off. I for one did not buy an apartment to be expecting to look over a mass of grey concrete.

I think this is an unacceptable position and I do not think that others armed with this knowledge should proceed to complete as I have. That is unless you are all fans of large masses of grey concrete. I have instructed my Spanish Solicitor to write a letter of complaint to Fadesa, he has also advised that he will be writing to his other clients to advise of this and the other above mentioned problems. I think it would therefore be in everyones interest and if everyone is similarly minded to complain en mass to Fadesa and ensure that before any further completions take place that Fadesa undertake to provide landscaping scheme in the car parks (planting and trees) equivalent to that in Rago II.
Further to the original post earlier today and to avoid any confusion the Rago I landscaping scheme that we should have expected is clearly shown on the Masterplan Model in the Fadesa shed and Sylvia has also admitted that the scheme design has changed since September last year.

So consequently, the scheme that we now have and that Fadesa are expecting us to sign upto for all Rago I apartments has far less landscaping / planting than shown on the model and as previously promised by Fadesa.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
THE "F" WORD

Hi there - this is exactly what I raised in some of my posts a couple of weeks ago - I posted some photos showing the mass of grey concrete - the only softened areas are around the pool so all the rest of us that do not face the pool are stuffed. There also appears to be a kind of no man's land at the back of the apartments - two parallel fences with a potential wilderness between them - no access so I am asuming no-one is going to look after this space? I am really unhappy about it - combine it with the awful green fences it looks close to a prison block. I, like you, had expected to find the car parking spaces nicely broken up by shrubs and plants and a better use of different colouring in the pavements and roads - the space is greater I think than Rago2 but that only makes it worse. I am happy to sign any complaint. We are there staying on Rago 1 in August and will be amking our views felt. Ours is not yet ready for completion - September we are told - given your experience I think it might be later!
Carol
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Photos

Just to remind everyone - photos of the car parks!
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50674.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50678.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Photos

One of the photos will not open properly so trying again - could not seem to edit it.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-ssa50674.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say to those people who are suffering for floods in the north of England that have all my sympathy.
marisol
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:20 am
Paul

Esuri Boys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marisol
I just want to say to those people who are suffering for floods in the north of England that have all my sympathy.
marisol
Marisol

Gracias para su concierne acerca de las las inundaciones aquí en Inglaterra. Es agradable saber que usted piensa acerca de nosotros. He estado a clases españolas y quise practicar mi español, así que la esperanza que esto tiene sentido.

Paul
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esuri Boys
Marisol

Gracias para su concierne acerca de las las inundaciones aquí en Inglaterra. Es agradable saber que usted piensa acerca de nosotros. He estado a clases españolas y quise practicar mi español, así que la esperanza que esto tiene sentido.

Paul
Check out rule 15 please SITE RULES ;-)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:56 am
Paul

Esuri Boys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Check out rule 15 please SITE RULES ;-)
I am so sorry, that was a genuine mistake. I thought that as Marisol makes the effort to write in english i would practice my spanish and thank him for his comments. I have read up on the rules now and wont make that mistake again. Sorry if i have annoyed anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.