Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:57 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Now now, Children. Actually one of the Forts funnier forays. Well done

Thank you SIR (atoning-for-yesterdays-blunder-smiley)

You're one of the braver ones as others who found it funny wished to do so in private via PM. Karma!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Just had a sneaky preview of the proposed new prospectus for Costa Esuri. Here's an image of the front page:
there are plenty of places in Spain that fit that bill.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:15 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
there are plenty of places in Spain that fit that bill.

I know, but it's more fun on here
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Although the question must be asked:

have any of these properties been bought by Spanish? It would be a terrible shame if this did turn out to be a piece of Little Britain.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Although the question must be asked:

have any of these properties been bought by Spanish? It would be a terrible shame if this did turn out to be a piece of Little Britain.

Yes - there are many bought by Spanish. However, according to the figures I've got - and they are rough - some 70 % of the properties have been bought by foreigners. Of this it is thought that some 70-80% are British or Irish. This is the info I have. How true it is I can't say. However, somebody who posts regularly on this thread who prefers to not be named has confirmed that these figures are more or less accurate.

So - 6500 properties = 4500 properties in foreign hands of which a low estimate would put 3600 Brit or Irish homes on the site

These are extremely crude figures based on the info I have.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

[QUOTE= the question must be asked:
have any of these properties been bought by Spanish? [/QUOTE]

Its odd, but before we bought I took a sneaky look at the list of 'purchasers names' pinned to the wall in the shed. At that point it seemed that there would be a 50/50 split of English/Spanish purchasers, and that held attractions. But it does seem now that the majority will be English, although how high that percentage might be is unclear. Nothing intrinsicly wrong with that, of course. Although having said that the house just across from ours does have a Spanish family installed. They do seem, however, to be one of the few houses to have fitted security grills to all the windows and doors! Not quite sure what that says about the Spanish, or perhaps their thoughts about having so many English neighbours.

Steve
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Its odd, but before we bought I took a sneaky look at the list of 'purchasers names' pinned to the wall in the shed. At that point it seemed that there would be a 50/50 split of English/Spanish purchasers, and that held attractions. But it does seem now that the majority will be English, although how high that percentage might be is unclear. Nothing intrinsicly wrong with that, of course. Although having said that the house just across from ours does have a Spanish family installed. They do seem, however, to be one of the few houses to have fitted security grills to all the windows and doors! Not quite sure what that says about the Spanish, or perhaps their thoughts about having so many English neighbours.

Steve
Don't take it personally - they'd have done that if they were completely surrounded by family let alone fellow Spaniards. My Father in Law has grills on all his window plus a separate grilled gat next to the door. When we stay there, he locks the door to the max and then takes the key away with him. I point out that this is an extreme fire hazard to which he just laughs
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:48 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - there are many bought by Spanish. However, according to the figures I've got - and they are rough - some 70 % of the properties have been bought by foreigners. Of this it is thought that some 70-80% are British or Irish. This is the info I have. How true it is I can't say. However, somebody who posts regularly on this thread who prefers to not be named has confirmed that these figures are more or less accurate.

So - 6500 properties = 4500 properties in foreign hands of which a low estimate would put 3600 Brit or Irish homes on the site

Living here I can agree with those figures!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi Fortaleza,

I would not argue with your figures, I think Paula mentioned something along those lines when we completed on our plot, but it is not an even distrubution across the house types and plots.

She also said that most of the expat properties would be Brit/Irish owned as opposed to Northern European or Dutch/German.

Notwithstanding all that I think very few Spanish will have bought with a view to living at CE so even their property will probably be rented in summer to "Brits".

Regards,

John.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Fortaleza,

I would not argue with your figures, I think Paula mentioned something along those lines when we completed on our plot, but it is not an even distrubution across the house types and plots.

She also said that most of the expat properties would be Brit/Irish owned as opposed to Northern European or Dutch/German.

Notwithstanding all that I think very few Spanish will have bought with a view to living at CE so even their property will probably be rented in summer to "Brits".

Regards,

John.
You are probably right, they are not the type of places Spanish buy, and those that have, as you say will just rent out to Brits cos they will pay more rent.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:29 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You are probably right, they are not the type of places Spanish buy, and those that have, as you say will just rent out to Brits cos they will pay more rent.
Golf resorts always have a very high percentage of Brits - the British are a nation of golf lovers after all.

The Spanish tend to gravitate towards the beach. At Isla Canela there is a significantly higher percentage of Spanish owners along the beach front, but again the British have gravitated towards Isla Canela´s golf course.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat

Steve
Hello Steve,
According to the last posts, we are one of the little Spanish that have a house there. We have security gills to all the windows and doors and we put them, not precisely because of our neighbourgs.
Regards,
marisol
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:50 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Steve,
According to the last posts, we are one of the little Spanish that have a house there. We have security gills to all the windows and doors and we put them, not precisely because of our neighbourgs.
Regards,
marisol
Tell me Marisol, I have often wondered why it is the custom to put up the grills in Andalucia (and the rest of Spain??)

Is it just for security?
Does it just go with the architectural style (white washed, wavy terracota roof tiles and metal grills)?
Does it date back to an old habit from before the days of air conditioning so that you could leave windows wide open and leave home without worrying?
Other?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Tell me Marisol, I have often wondered why it is the custom to put up the grills in Andalucia (and the rest of Spain??)

Is it just for security?
Does it just go with the architectural style (white washed, wavy terracota roof tiles and metal grills)?
Does it date back to an old habit from before the days of air conditioning so that you could leave windows wide open and leave home without worrying?
Other?
Hello keithwalters,
I live in Madrid and here, unfortunately, you must have security doors if you do not want to come back and find everything broken, so, wherever we go, we can avoid thinking the same, even though we do not have anything valuable inside, we feel more comfortable in this way.
We put shutters instead of putting grills because we like more and in this way, you can open the windows and shutters and you don't feel you are behind bars. I just want you to know that this has nothing to do with the neighbours, if all the houses near our were occupied, we wouldn't have put anything, i am not distrust English people at all
Regards,
marisol
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithwalters

Is it just for security?
Other?
Hello again
You asked me why is the custom to put up the grills in Andalucia and i did not answer to your question but why i have put them, well, in andalucia is very typical and they put grills just for architectural style. the bars in Andalucia are very beautiful, at least for me, they usually put flowers between the bars and the windows and they do that since ever (i do not know if "since ever" is right)
hasta luego,
marisol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.