British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ayamonte-costa-esuri-part-iv-397668/)

Sue Sep 20th 2006 6:15 pm

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

The other thread was getting very long and in some instances was slow to load, especially for dial up users (yep, dial up is still around ;) ) and so I have closed it and started this new one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

Please continue your discussion here.

tednsharon Sep 20th 2006 7:59 pm

Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Sam

Who'd have thought that after just over 2 years - just as the last few people of the original thread are completing - we'd be writing on Part IV of the thread :scared:

Sharon

Sue Sep 20th 2006 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Sam

Who'd have thought that after just over 2 years - just as the last few people of the original thread are completing - we'd be writing on Part IV of the thread :scared:

Sharon

I know it's scary how time flies :scared:

Spanishliferules Sep 20th 2006 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sue
The other thread was getting very long and in some instances was slow to load, especially for dial up users (yep, dial up is still around ;) ) and so I have closed it and started this new one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

Please continue your discussion here.

You are my hero

Spanishliferules Sep 20th 2006 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
You are my hero

Sorry heroine

Pam Sarky Sep 21st 2006 11:02 am

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Sam

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I still cant believe how this thread has grown as big as it has. Most of us are enjoying our new properties now and I have to say its been great putting faces to names over the last few months :) :)

Sam

CSR Sep 22nd 2006 7:54 am

I agree and although I do not post very often now I still keep up to date on all the gossip!!!! We are out at esuri 2 to 5 Oct so if anyone wants to meet up send me a pm.

I have heard that the keys for Rago 2 entrance barriers are now available from the shed. I am waiting for confirmation from our managing agents on this. They will not be activated until most owners have picked them up. It would be useful if they told us this!!!!

Ratgate continued until last week, with a rat in the air conditioning vents. The pied piper has been called out and hopefully he has done the trick!!!

CSR

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Sharon,

I still cant believe how this thread has grown as big as it has. Most of us are enjoying our new properties now and I have to say its been great putting faces to names over the last few months :) :)

Sam

CAROL ELIZABETH Sep 24th 2006 10:04 am

Just been looking at the webcam and noting the weather in Ayamonte - 72 degrees and the sun shining. Currently here it is dark, misty and raining and it is a weekend! It is not cold but not the same without the sun. Wish I was visiting next week!

There are quite a few dismal threads on the forum at the moment so please uplift us CSR by bringing back some super pictures!

Carol

MEL & JOHN Sep 24th 2006 1:09 pm

Hiya

Apologies to everyone else but this is a call to "M2 Townhousers"

I was at the Parador meeting but am reluctant to report on it as I do not want to "tread on any toes" as there was a president and vice elected and some time in the future we will get minutes from somebody. It is also not my place to advise all on who was elected as the poor chap was (like everybody) not keen to take on the position and bless him for doing so. We do need to organise ourselves but as usual in these positions nobody wants to take on the mantle of responsibility...me included. I wish Sam and Benny had bought on M2 !!

For our M2 area I am concerned about the earth from the bank that was brought down by the rain and flushed into the pool. At the meeting I raised this point to the Fadesa representative but somehow it seemed to be shifted to the AEA admin responsibilty.....ie "our money" when we start to pay ! John and I feel very strongly that Fadesa need to address this problem now and organise something to prevent a re-occurance, A retaining wall?? I have written to Fadesa twice about this but not received a reply as yet. This is a concern for all of us as I understand that the pool was out of action for several days last time it happened and if this continues to happen, which it will if it is not resolved by Fadesa, then the cost is ours for the future.

With regard to the M2 residents trying to resolve problems and agree on actionsI have a suggestion......firstly we need to know each other and be able to have contact with each other. Some properties are still Fadesa owned but to establish some sort of register of the other owners how about sending me your e-mail address and I will have a word with our President and see if we can organise an e-mail link between us all for info etc. I will be in CE early Oct so I will speak to him then. He may be on this forum under a nickname...........if so please let me know if this is Ok with you.

There is another forum with a separate thread for "community" subjects with a Manzana section, we could ask Andy on that forum if he could set up a M2 thread and not inflict our personal concerns for our area on others. I will ask Andy if he will help us with this.

Regards to all

Mel

EsuriJohn Sep 24th 2006 1:26 pm

Hi Mel & John,

I don't think you are correct to feel that your concerns which have arisen at the first meeting should only affect M2 owners. I am a plotter and I still feel that any lessons learnt will be valuable for us all.

After all we will all be a part of the wider Esuri community and I think somebody has already identified that about a third of your monthly subscriptions go towards that entity.

I have posted on this and other threads that in the early "years" we the buyers are in a very weak position particularly when Fadesa as a majority owner (of still not conveyed properties) can sway the vote. I have mentioned the invidious position of unoccupied commercial sites as one example but there are others.

I would urge you therefore to post your views and knowledge if for nothing else to allow other Manzana and the wider community to be informed before their meetings are held.

Regards, ;)

John

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya

Apologies to everyone else but this is a call to "M2 Townhousers"

I was at the Parador meeting but am reluctant to report on it as I do not want to "tread on any toes" as there was a president and vice elected and some time in the future we will get minutes from somebody. It is also not my place to advise all on who was elected as the poor chap was (like everybody) not keen to take on the position and bless him for doing so. We do need to organise ourselves but as usual in these positions nobody wants to take on the mantle of responsibility...me included. I wish Sam and Benny had bought on M2 !!

For our M2 area I am concerned about the earth from the bank that was brought down by the rain and flushed into the pool. At the meeting I raised this point to the Fadesa representative but somehow it seemed to be shifted to the AEA admin responsibilty.....ie "our money" when we start to pay ! John and I feel very strongly that Fadesa need to address this problem now and organise something to prevent a re-occurance, A retaining wall?? I have written to Fadesa twice about this but not received a reply as yet. This is a concern for all of us as I understand that the pool was out of action for several days last time it happened and if this continues to happen, which it will if it is not resolved by Fadesa, then the cost is ours for the future.

With regard to the M2 residents trying to resolve problems and agree on actionsI have a suggestion......firstly we need to know each other and be able to have contact with each other. Some properties are still Fadesa owned but to establish some sort of register of the other owners how about sending me your e-mail address and I will have a word with our President and see if we can organise an e-mail link between us all for info etc. I will be in CE early Oct so I will speak to him then. He may be on this forum under a nickname...........if so please let me know if this is Ok with you.

There is another forum with a separate thread for "community" subjects with a Manzana section, we could ask Andy on that forum if he could set up a M2 thread and not inflict our personal concerns for our area on others. I will ask Andy if he will help us with this.

Regards to all

Mel

keithwalters Sep 24th 2006 3:24 pm

Can anyone help out a friend of mine?

She wants to rent an apartment for 18 months/2 years whilst her apartment is being built. She has approached several apartment owners who advertise their apartments for rent and they have all knocked her back because they only do short term rents.

She is all by herself and is getting a bit depressed because she can't find anything. She would consider Isla Canela, Costa Esuri or Ayamonte town. As she is alone she would only need 2 bedrooms (one for her, one for guests).

She is quite fussy about quality - came from a good home in the UK and isn't very good at "slumming it", but as long as it was somewhere clean, modern and well furbished she would take a look. She would also need to work from home so a telephone line with ADSL capability would be essential.

If anyone thinks they can help out, could you PM me and I will pass your details on to her.

Thanks.

MEL & JOHN Sep 24th 2006 5:34 pm

Hi John and Kath

Yes, I quite agree. I have learnt a lot from other posters and have posted my experiences (good and bad) in the hope that others can benefit. I will continue to do so as I think your comments are valid and correct.

My main concern is not cause friction with our President or Vice by posting their personal details to all on the site as they may not want this.

If I can give them a list of the people in their Manzana, who have volunteered their info, then they have the choice of making contact.

It is so impt we swap info and I think the community fees and how that are spent are vital to ensure we have a well maintained site so we have to ensure that we have contact between ourselves or Fadesa ( as you say, with their majority vote) and AEA will really run the show at our expense.

Kind Regards

Mel

EsuriJohn Sep 24th 2006 5:57 pm

Hi Mel & John,

That is the big danger!

Regards, :(

John.

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Fadesa ( as you say, with their majority vote) and AEA will really run the show at our expense.
Kind Regards
Mel

1livingthedream Sep 24th 2006 6:24 pm

Hi there i am new to this site! I am living in the Ayamonte with my family, and we are looking to rent a property for 6-12mts starting asap i am in need for a 3+ bed property in the Ayamonte - Costa Esuri area if you have a property to rent or know of someone? please let me know i look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Wendy & Kirk Sep 24th 2006 7:43 pm

Hi, my name is Wendy and my husband, Kirk, and I are in the process of buying a Rago 1 apartment. We've been trying to get some information out of Finagolf about buying a share of the golf club/joining the golf club. We have e-mailed them and written letters several times but no one contacts us. Has anyone had any success with dealing with them? If so any contact details would be much appreciated!
:confused: