Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

[QUOTE=marisol;4993529]
Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Quite right - I should perhaps have said British names rather than English. One of the reasons we liked the Costa de la Luz was the apparent high proportion of Spanish purchasers - we had previously rented a house on Islantilla and the overwhelmimg majority of people were Spanish; in deed it seemed that an enormous number just came down for the weekend (the swimming pool became very crowded from Friday afternoon through to Sunday lunchtime). We wanted to mix - although our Spanish lessons are not working that well - and I'm looking forward to meeting Marisol; (I always look for somebody wearing the white hat!).

Hello Steve,
I would be glad to meet you in Costa Esuri. We could talk in Spanish if you want. What do you mean when you said that you are always looking for somebody with the white hat? is it an idiom or the translation is literal?
When we go there, i will tell him.
Regards ,
marisol
I mean, when we go there, i will tell you
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by jdr
Uhmmmm that should be quaint, live in Dubai and holiday in Costa Esuri.
Hi jdr,

I have corresponded with one guy who lives in Oman and has bought on CE but he is an expat Brit who just wants some respite from the heat.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi jdr,

I have corresponded with one guy who lives in Oman and has bought on CE but he is an expat Brit who just wants some respite from the heat.

Regards,

John.
You could be right, Spain is coolish compared to some places I have been. ;-))
Mexico springs to mind, mega hot, but you can still walk on the beach barefooted, although not as hot here you need sandals.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
... (I always look for somebody wearing the white hat!)...
Hola! Steve and Pat,
Errm, have you been looking for me?
I own a floppy white hat, which will make another appearance this summer. Thankfully, not down by the shed (think we are past that stage)
Regards,
Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi jdr,

Regards,

John.
Hi John,
There are the Ayyad villas up beside the water feature on Golf I. Any info on these?
Regards,
Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi John,
There are the Ayyad villas up beside the water feature on Golf I. Any info on these?
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol,

Only thing I have heard is they are expensive for what you get. They are in a good spot and have good views. They are quite modern in design if I have the right ones.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:50 am
Mark and Christine

Catcatita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taxi Nos?

I'm sure this has been asked before and I've trawled the site but can't find the post where a taxi number has been posted! Boy can the Esurians chat....

So does anyone have a number that my friends currently out in CE can have..and do they need to dial 0034 from their UK mobile?

Many thanks
Christine
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Taxi Nos?

Originally Posted by Catcatita
I'm sure this has been asked before and I've trawled the site but can't find the post where a taxi number has been posted! Boy can the Esurians chat....

So does anyone have a number that my friends currently out in CE can have..and do they need to dial 0034 from their UK mobile?

Many thanks
Christine
Hi Catcatita,

About three weeks back there was a long discussion on Taxis and I think at least Sam posted a number. Yes they will need 0034 if its a UK mobile.

Have a look at Sam Parkys recent posts.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by marisol

I mean, when we go there, i will tell you
I look forward to it - but I'm afraid we will have to speak English, my Spanish is not much beyond Hola and Como estas.

And apologies as Carol has pointed out, I have mistaken which is the lady in the white hat.

Steve

PS I don't Pat is ever going to stop laughing

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:15 am.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Taxi Nos?

Originally Posted by Catcatita

Many thanks
Christine

Hola!Christine,
Yes, John is correct as always ():
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...is#post4927616
Contact Sam via PM for the number.
And, I do think your friends have to dial 0034 on their UK mobile. (Anyone, please correct me about this!) If they are on "roaming", they might pick up a portuguese signal instead. So the code will be different. Am I right, or meringue?

Speaking of mobiles...
Looking to purchase a spanish mobile soon, most likely at the shop in La Plaza. Any good deals in Ayamonte lately?

Thanks,
Carol
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Speaking of mobiles...
Looking to purchase a spanish mobile soon, most likely at the shop in La Plaza. Any good deals in Ayamonte lately?

Thanks,
Carol
Hi Carol,

Have you considered an International SIM Card? Take a look at http://www.0044.co.uk

Regards
Chris
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:38 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Carol,

Have you considered an International SIM Card? Take a look at http://www.0044.co.uk

Regards
Chris
Unless I have misunderstood the site, don´t they just give you a Spanish SIM card for Vodafone....the same that you would get if you went into a shop here in Spain?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Unless I have misunderstood the site, don´t they just give you a Spanish SIM card for Vodafone....the same that you would get if you went into a shop here in Spain?
Yes, the PAYG service is the same as if you bought a card in Spain and you will need to buy Spanish topups. But the customer support and unlocking guide (so you can use an old phone) are in English.

The monthly tariff gives full itemised billing to a UK address in English, with customer support also in English.

Whether the charges are more or less than a card or tariff bought in Spain - I have no idea.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Chris, I'll pass the info over to OH ()
Carol
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Carol,

Regards
Chris
If I have understood their website, you still need to factor in whatever your provider (landline or mobile) charges for access to the 901 or 902 numbers.

In Germany, with our local landline, we use a 01071 number in front of international calls and when ringing international mobiles. That is just charged to UK at 2 Cents/minute and with no provider charge (with Deutsche TELECOM) but some of the piggy-back providers (eg the ones that piggy-back off the TELECOM lines) do charge/or the 01071 service is not available at all. Ringing our abogado in Spain is much cheaper that way - at about 2.5 Cents, or something like 16 Cents on his mobile.

I suspect that there will be similar provider issues in Spain, and similar cheap call numbers available there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.