Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Okay, caught banged to rights. It's a fair cop Senor - sorry, Guv!

Steve

(Don't blame Pat, nothing to do with her; and she is still laughing about my last indiscretion.)
I will have to get her to keep her eye on you, when she lets you on the keyboard then
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ears332205
Not long now........................Sunday morning we will be starting our new life in Ayamonte.........cant wait. The first thing hubby and I will be doing will be heading the beach to chill-out. Been stressfull enough packing up, but being 15 meteres away from the car at Glasgow Airport last week...well lets just say my shoulders are now past my ears!!!!!!

A couple of hours in the sun...............siesta.............sangria...... ........just the ticket to chill-out.

Hope to meet up with some of you all.

See you soon:

Rachel
Best wishes to Rachel, Tony and Raonaid, our new friends as they begin their new life in Ayamonte.
Here's to raising a few glasses with you.
Sue, Tom, Liam xxx
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

[QUOTE=sunshine sue;5019235]Best wishes to Rachel, Tony and Raonaid, our new friends as they begin their new life in Ayamonte.
Hi Sue
I have sent you a message....hope to see you next week....please order some sunshine for us! cos it is misserable here in Lancashire. We are not flooded like some areas but it is very wet day after day and little prospect of any better days to come.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Best wishes to Rachel, Tony and Raonaid, our new friends as they begin their new life in Ayamonte.
Hi Sue
I have sent you a message....hope to see you next week....please order some sunshine for us! cos it is misserable here in Lancashire. We are not flooded like some areas but it is very wet day after day and little prospect of any better days to come.
Yes lets have some more good news - my week has been s......

Throat infection, very old cat suddenly gone blind - detached retinas the vet says, last night the washing machine packed up half way through load number 3 (one of about 8 brought back from uni by daughter number 2 - recognise it folks?). This morning my faithful old watch packed up. To cap it all OH goes in this week for shoulder op - tennis shoulder packed up. So all round trauma and a deep sense of age......... Is someone out there trying to tell us something?

The op means 6 weeks in a sling for him so I will be driving when we visit CE in August - usually leave it all to him - I suppose it will help me to become more confident about driving abroad but cannot say I am looking forward to it.

So roll on good news ...............actually had a great curry last night - you get them in the North ............I am sure I would miss them if I was to live in Spain full time .............where I have seen Indian restaurants they have not been very good. Are there any in Ayamonte?

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:11 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:39 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH

Throat infection, very old cat suddenly gone blind - detached retinas the vet says, last night the washing machine packed up half way through load number 3 (one of about 8 brought back from uni by daughter number 2 - recognise it folks?). This morning my faithful old watch packed up. To cap it all OH goes in this week for shoulder op - tennis shoulder packed up. So all round trauma and a deep sense of age......... Is someone out there trying to tell us something?

The op means 6 weeks in a sling for him so I will be driving when we visit CE in August - usually leave it all to him - I suppose it will help me to become more confident about driving abroad but cannot say I am looking forward to it.

So roll on good news ...............actually had a great curry last night - you get them in the North ............I am sure I would miss them if I was to live in Spain full time .............where I have seen Indian restaurants they have not been very good. Are there any in Ayamonte?
Never mind ... August will soon be here and don't worry about the driving. If I can do it, anyone can! When we stayed on the CDS, OH did all the driving, but in and around Ayamonte I am quite happy (I still try to find a large parking space though)!

Sharon

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:11 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that is what you call a bad week ;-((

Karma on the way......

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:09 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:49 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

where I have seen Indian restaurants they have not been very good. Are there any in Ayamonte?

Monte Gordo is your best bet. There's 3 or four there and two out of the three (heard there might be another???) are very good.

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:16 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:50 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

What a nightmare for you!!

There arent any Indian restaurants in Ayamonte. The nearest is Monte Gordo and to be honest I dont think its that good. When I go back to the Uk I feast on curries for days

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:16 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Monte Gordo is your best bet. There's 3 or four there and two out of the three (heard there might be another???) are very good.
I have been to two of them, the Taj Mahal and I cant remember the other one but I wasnt that impressed I always have a lamb madras but the ones at both restaurants have a red bland sauce :curse: I havent tried the one called Goa yet, do you know if its any good?

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:09 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

olivia.
Please be careful when you edit quotes, you have cut the "end quote box" off on post 3063 and put all names on the quotes out of place.
Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Never mind ... August will soon be here and don't worry about the driving. If I can do it, anyone can! When we stayed on the CDS, OH did all the driving, but in and around Ayamonte I am quite happy (I still try to find a large parking space though)!

Sharon
Thanks everyone - at least the watch was repaired today and new washer ordered - the rest might take some time - thanks also for the reassurance about the driving - will not be trying the winding streets of Albufeira - which I just had to give up on in June - I had several driving practices whilst out in June preparing for August at the behest of my OH - So we tried the motorways and busy main highways, local traffic on roads I knew progressing to those I did not and finally the total unknown - the narrow streets of Albufeira old town - where I gave up at one point. I have to say I was driving a car twice as big as the one I drive at home. Still I agree Sharon - large parking spaces are still needed here in the UK so I cannot see me feeling any different in Ayamonte - in fact I will be happy to pay my few euros to park in the car park or hand the cents over for one of the locals to secure me a reasonable space.

As for curries I think we will avoid for a while - feast on the fish I say..

Carol

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:08 am.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone - at least the watch was repaired today and new washer ordered - the rest might take some time - thanks also for the reassurance about the driving - will not be trying the winding streets of Albufeira - which I just had to give up on in June - I had several driving practices whilst out in June preparing for August at the behest of my OH - So we tried the motorways and busy main highways, local traffic on roads I knew progressing to those I did not and finally the total unknown - the narrow streets of Albufeira old town - where I gave up at one point. I have to say I was driving a car twice as big as the one I drive at home. Still I agree Sharon - large parking spaces are still needed here in the UK so I cannot see me feeling any different in Ayamonte - in fact I will be happy to pay my few euros to park in the car park or hand the cents over for one of the locals to secure me a reasonable space.

As for curries I think we will avoid for a while - feast on the fish I say..

Carol
Just had a thought - you say there are no Indian restaurants in Ayamonte - a possible opportunity here perhaps? My future son-in-law is Indian and a mean chef when it comes to curries .....and with an accountant daughter ...you never know.

Carol

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:07 am.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sam parky

I have been to two of them, the Taj Mahal and I cant remember the other one but I wasnt that impressed I always have a lamb madras but the ones at both restaurants have a red bland sauce :curse: I havent tried the one called Goa yet, do you know if its any good?
We have been going to "Goa" for several years now and never had a bad meal. The couple who own and run the place are from the former Portuguese colony and the style of cooking, which is special to that area of India, is not like the typical Indian restaurant you find in the UK. Try it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
IanT

Last edited by jdr; Jul 7th 2007 at 4:06 am.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by iant
We have been going to "Goa" for several years now and never had a bad meal. The couple who own and run the place are from the former Portuguese colony and the style of cooking, which is special to that area of India, is not like the typical Indian restaurant you find in the UK. Try it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
IanT
Thanks for that, we will give a go next time we fancy a curry
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:12 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

I know what you mean about the red sauce Sam! I find that they never make the food hot enough (spicy). If you like spinach the Chicken Saag is very good in the Taj.

Being Indian and living in Ayamonte for the last year I must admit we have missed our Indian restaurant meals. Although my wife is a very good cook, it is nice to have a restaurant meal, which is very different from our traditional Punjabi cooking.

I am not sure there are enough expats in Ayamonte to sustain an Indian restaurant all year round. We have toyed with a Tapas bar which serves Indian dishes as opposed to Spanish. So you wouldn't have a full menu, but maybe 5-10 different dishes every day. This might appeal a bit more to the Spanish, they can then try smaller portions. The Spanish don't seem to eat that much spicy food, but you would need to attract them to survive.

There is a new Indian opened in Lepe, which we have not tried yet but will give it a go soon. It is advertised in this months Oracle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.