Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
GOD NO!!!!!!!!! Avoid the Goa like the plague - you'll probably catch it their anyway. People I know who live there don't even touch it - as they know all the horror stories. When the Taj Mahal opened there was a universal sigh of relief as they could go fo a curry again. I cannot stress enough about avoiding the Goa. The owner is a very bitter man - he is constantly in the council trying to get the other restaurants shut down (they ignore him). He has to change his staff constantly as he's always falling out with them. As a result the chefs get their "revenge" in the kitchen. If you like your insides as they are, don't go.
Being your usual positive self, eh Fortaleza ! Have you actually tried the place ?
iant
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
I agree with other expats, although we love tapas and seafood an Indian restaurant in Ayamonte would be good too. I like spanish sausages but I also like to buy some from the English food shop, being given the choice is the main thing. There are lots of Spanish in Ayamonte particulary at the moment but when they return back to Seville/ Madrid, we expats will still be here.
Sue
Hi all you curry loving Esurians, why not do as we are going to do and watch the new cookery series that starts tomorrow night ( Monday 9th July ) on the ever popular BBC 2. It starts at 8.30pm and is called Indian Food Made Easy and by the end of the series we all should be able to host our own curry evenings. Poppadums at the ready Bryony and Mike.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:37 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iant
Being your usual positive self, eh Fortaleza ! Have you actually tried the place ?
iant
Long before the other Indian places opened they were the only one in the entire area - Seville included. When back in 2002/3 an old English Karaoke bar was converted into Taj Mahal, it was a relief to never have to return to Goa.

However I am expressing an opinion - my opinion. A fellow poster asked a question, I gave my view. This fine lady is smart enough to make her own judgement and not be swayed by anyone and certainly doesn't need defending. There has been a very pro Goa view expressed on here and there has been mine, anti-Goa. Redresses the balance a tad. What would you have me do Iant? Tell people it's wonderful because, God forbid, you can't say anything negative on the Ayamonte thread???? Don't bother answering - I already know the reply
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

I was updating my picture blog in Google/Picassa when new features were added as a download. You can now map where the pictures were taken anywhere in the world. So I entered Costa Esuri in the search engine and it now shows that we officially exist on Google Earth!!. I could not find recent ariel views ................
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-slide1.jpg  

Last edited by Graham G; Jul 8th 2007 at 10:02 am.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Is that set up linked to other google bits I wonder - Have the satellite images been updated as well in Google Earth? That would be nice!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi all you curry loving Esurians, why not do as we are going to do and watch the new cookery series that starts tomorrow night ( Monday 9th July ) on the ever popular BBC 2. It starts at 8.30pm and is called Indian Food Made Easy and by the end of the series we all should be able to host our own curry evenings. Poppadums at the ready Bryony and Mike.
We're really looking forward to the programme. I've been making my own Curry Masala and Garam Masala from freshly ground spices for years, ever since I discovered Pat Chapman's Curry Bible. The trouble with a lot of restaurant dishes is that they simply add heat to a pre-prepared base sauce which means that a lot of them taste the same. Our favourite recipe of late is Beef Rendang which is Indonesian I think. I haven't successfully made an authentic tasting Naan bread yet as it seems impossible to generate the heat you get from a Tandoor in a modern oven.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:52 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Is that set up linked to other google bits I wonder - Have the satellite images been updated as well in Google Earth? That would be nice!
No google earth hasn't been updated yet ... I found the google map bit the other day (in work!) so tried to update google earth, but nothing at the moment! The google map even shows the name of the roads on Esuri - someone just needs to tell me the correct pronunciation for Calle Miguel Unamuno! If you want to see some aerial views, have a look at Michael H's Luz Living website - he's got some fantastic shots on there - he put a post on here some weeks ago about them.

Sharon
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:02 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought I should warn all townhouse owners that Endesa are going round taking the electric meters (yes, the whole meter) out of houses that have not completed

But, the problem is they are getting mixed up as with which meter to take. So instead of taking the meter from a house that has not completed they are taking from houses that have completed It has happened on two occasions that I know of (the latest one this morning) and in each case the people were in the house and didnt have a clue that their meter was being taken out. So if your house is next door to one that hasnt completed be aware
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:06 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sam parky
I just thought I should warn all townhouse owners that Endesa are going round taking the electric meters (yes, the whole meter) out of houses that have not completed

But, the problem is they are getting mixed up as with which meter to take. So instead of taking the meter from a house that has not completed they are taking from houses that have completed It has happened on two occasions that I know of (the latest one this morning) and in each case the people were in the house and didnt have a clue that their meter was being taken out. So if your house is next door to one that hasnt completed be aware
Do they actually have to enter the property to remove the electric meter, Sam? I must say I don't know where mine is!!! Were the meters taken from properties that have completed, but are not yet lived in? What I mean is - no curtains/blinds at the windows, front door mats, etc.

Sharon
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Do they actually have to enter the property to remove the electric meter, Sam? I must say I don't know where mine is!!! Were the meters taken from properties that have completed, but are not yet lived in? What I mean is - no curtains/blinds at the windows, front door mats, etc.

Sharon
The meter is outside just by your gate. There are 2 meters together for 2 houses but they are taking the wrong ones. Say the house next door hasnt completed but you have, they are supposed to be taking next doors meter Yes they must know someone lives in one of the house because of curtains and blinds.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:10 am

I forgot to add, they do not need access into your property to remove the meter.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:25 am
!hola!

Originally Posted by sam parky
I forgot to add, they do not need access into your property to remove the meter.
thanks Sam - do walk the dog past my house later and just check our meter is still there!!!

Sharon
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

I suppose for those of us who are not residents we need to get our keyholders to check our meters have not been taken

Tony
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:29 am

Just found out a bit more news from the missing meter this morning. They phoned Endesa to be told that the electricity contract ran out in December 2006 To say they only completed in July 2006 is puzzling me. And why wait till July 2007 to remove it?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:58 am

The next installment Endesa are telling the property owners solisitor that they have no records whatsoever for this property

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.