Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

finca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud offinca steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Dean
Hi,
We are out at our apartment from the 27 July until the 23 August and already have one set of outlaws and our three children staying with us. Our other set of outlaws are due to join us on the 7th August - 15th August inclusive and we have just realised that although all can be accomodated it will be rather cramped!
Does anyone have an apt/house to let for the 7th - 15th August on CE @ a reasonable rate? If so could you PM me.
Many Thanks
Dean
Hi dean,

have pm'd you
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by encodeme
Many thanks Chris we will try to track it down.
It opens 20.00 & is shut Wedneday's.
Don't be put of from the outside it looks like someones small house but when you go inside it must seat 120 people.
Not only is it good it is cheap
We had a meal for 5 including a couple of starters & home made deserts,loads to drink total bill 75 euros.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Have you tried, the restaurant Casa Joaquim @ Pozo Del Camino
If not give it a try. The guy makes his own wine & I we were told they breed their own pigs.
When we went we were the only Brits in there ,my wife speaks quite good Spanish now which helped when ordering
Regards

Chris
Hi chrismortley,

Any more clues on where it is?

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=encodeme;5046850]Some of the Spanish food leaves a lot to be desired. Haven't the restaurants seen the beautiful veg in the market. We once asked for veg and got peas and carrots out of a jar. The last time I saw that in England was 70's .
I think the big cities in Spain must have good restaurants.
The nearest we got to decent food in Ayamonte is the Noosh, and that Lebanese food.[/QUOTE

I do agree with you.Unless you are into Tapas the food is limited.We always eat at Noosh and have not had a bad meal.Not tried Infante yet but will do on our next visit.Always end up down the Marina for a Steak

Regards

Tony
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi chrismortley,

Any more clues on where it is?

Regards,

John.
It's quite easy to find
Take the Isla Christina road,you go through Pozo Del Camino.
As you go through on the right hand side you will see a large advertising hoarding & a petrol station just behind it,take the right hand turn.
After 300-400 metres you come to a rough car park with a tree in the middle.
Park up & walk up the hill about 50 metres the restaurant is on the left handside a white mid terrace building with a Cruzcampo sign outside.
You can park outside but the road is quite narrow.
If you can't find it all the locals know where it is.
Let me know what you think ?

Chris
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=tonyp;5048694]
Some of the Spanish food leaves a lot to be desired. Haven't the restaurants seen the beautiful veg in the market. We once asked for veg and got peas and carrots out of a jar. The last time I saw that in England was 70's .
The nearest we got to decent food in Ayamonte is the Noosh, and that Lebanese food.[/QUOTE

I do agree with you.Unless you are into Tapas the food is limited.We always eat at Noosh and have not had a bad meal.Not tried Infante yet but will do on our next visit.Always end up down the Marina for a Steak

Regards

Tony
Have you tried the Spanish restaurant near the petrol station in Ayamonte ?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=chrismortley;5048732]
Originally Posted by tonyp
Have you tried the Spanish restaurant near the petrol station in Ayamonte ?
Chris,

Do you mean El Rincon?Not tried this yet is it Ok?

Tony
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=tonyp;5048775]
Originally Posted by chrismortley
Chris,

Do you mean El Rincon?Not tried this yet is it Ok?

Tony
Sorry I can't remember the name but it is next to the petrol station on the one way system coming out of Ayamonte.
We have been there several times , we enjoy it there . It has a very extensive menu ( that does not mean everthing is on)
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:17 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=chrismortley;5048797]
Originally Posted by tonyp
Sorry I can't remember the name but it is next to the petrol station on the one way system coming out of Ayamonte.
We have been there several times , we enjoy it there . It has a very extensive menu ( that does not mean everthing is on)
We got ripped off big time there :curse: and we werent that keen on the food to be honest!

I suppose when it comes to food and dining out its each to their own. One restaurant isnt going to please everyone. My favourite is tapas in Gildo next to the Santander bank. He has now taken over La Lota and its now and Argentinian restaurant. Thats next on my list
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the Spanish food leaves a lot to be desired. Haven't the restaurants seen the beautiful veg in the market. We once asked for veg and got peas and carrots out of a jar. The last time I saw that in England was 70's .
The nearest we got to decent food in Ayamonte is the Noosh, and that Lebanese food.
Hello Encodeme
I am sorry but i do not agree with you, not at all. I am not saying that because i am spanish but because i really think in Spain you can eat marvellously, wherever you are. I reconignize the are a lot of things that should change in Spain and another ones that are ok, i do not want you to think i am talking under the influence of any kind of patriotism, not at all, i feel as if i were from the world, as everybody. Sorry if i have bored you all to death with my post, but i think i had to say that as i am from Spain.

getting to the point, there are a ot of good restaurants in Ayamonte, it depends on what you are looking for. For instance, i like "El Choco", you can eat very good, there is another one that i like and its name is "Casa Luciano". "Casa Vicente" is a place in where you can eat the best "atun" (tuna fish). The tuna fish of Ayamonte is one of the best in the world. You can eat there but only in Ayamonte, because almost all is used for exportation to Japan. There are many of good restaurants in Portugal, but, as i told you before, it depends on what you like, of course.

I hope i have not offended anybody with my post
regards
marisol
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:52 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Encodeme
I am sorry but i do not agree with you, not at all. I am not saying that because i am spanish but because i really think in Spain you can eat marvellously, wherever you are. I reconignize the are a lot of things that should change in Spain and another ones that are ok, i do not want you to think i am talking under the influence of any kind of patriotism, not at all, i feel as if i were from the world, as everybody. Sorry if i have bored you all to death with my post, but i think i had to say that as i am from Spain.

getting to the point, there are a ot of good restaurants in Ayamonte, it depends on what you are looking for. For instance, i like "El Choco", you can eat very good, there is another one that i like and its name is "Casa Luciano". "Casa Vicente" is a place in where you can eat the best "atun" (tuna fish). The tuna fish of Ayamonte is one of the best in the world. You can eat there but only in Ayamonte, because almost all is used for exportation to Japan. There are many of good restaurants in Portugal, but, as i told you before, it depends on what you like, of course.

regards
marisol
Thank you for this list... I love tuna fish and it good to know you can eat the best in the world in Ayamonte. I have always wanted to go to the Atlantic coast near Conil/Nova Santi Petri and watch the tuna/whales arrive. I will try and do that next year. I think they have a festival of some kind but I do not know at what time during the year the tuna migration takes place.

CSR
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:04 am
Just Joined

arnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you tell me where La Lota restaurant is? Also where is Casa Vicente, I may have been there already but I don't think I new its name. My recommendation so for is La Rana excellent fish and excellent tomato salad, also the beach restaurants at El Rompido are very good. Someone once mentioned a very good pizza place somewehere near the beach at Isla Canela can anyone remember its name or exact location? As restaurateurs ourselves we are keen to investigate as many good eateries as possible, so will let you know what we find on our trip this summer. We are looking forward to trying out and also supporting the new club house (if it ever opens!).
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:28 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Encodeme

regards
marisol
I think the problem that most people, well me anyway, have with the food in Spain is more to do with the lack of variety, rather than a lack of quality which is generally very good.

I for one am sick of going into restaurants for the first time and not having to read the menu because I already know exactly what is on it. I´ve been to El Choco, Casa Vincente the one opposite the petrol station, etc and yeah the quality is great, but I am sick of bloody fried fish!!

It´s the same wherever you go. There must be at least 200 tapas bars in Jerez and EVERY SINGLE ONE has exactly the same tapas. Ensaladilla rusa, salpicon, albondigas, boquerones. Sounding familiar to anyone?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by arnie
Can you tell me where La Lota restaurant is? Also where is Casa Vicente, I may have been there already but I don't think I new its name. My recommendation so for is La Rana excellent fish and excellent tomato salad, also the beach restaurants at El Rompido are very good. Someone once mentioned a very good pizza place somewehere near the beach at Isla Canela can anyone remember its name or exact location? As restaurateurs ourselves we are keen to investigate as many good eateries as possible, so will let you know what we find on our trip this summer. We are looking forward to trying out and also supporting the new club house (if it ever opens!).
Hi arnie,

The Pizza place is called San Remo and it is next to JA's bar opposite the beech gate of the Barcelo Canela.

They are not opening at lunchtime this year they open 5.0pm until the last man goes home.

Best Pizza I have had in years but as Sam say's each to their own.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:16 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I think the problem that most people, well me anyway, have with the food in Spain is more to do with the lack of variety, rather than a lack of quality which is generally very good.

I for one am sick of going into restaurants for the first time and not having to read the menu because I already know exactly what is on it. I´ve been to El Choco, Casa Vincente the one opposite the petrol station, etc and yeah the quality is great, but I am sick of bloody fried fish!!

It´s the same wherever you go. There must be at least 200 tapas bars in Jerez and EVERY SINGLE ONE has exactly the same tapas. Ensaladilla rusa, salpicon, albondigas, boquerones. Sounding familiar to anyone?
I have had some great meals recently in Ayamonte including lamb shank cooked in honey, beef in gravy/sauce, veal and duck all of which were fantastically cooked and served by really friendly staff.

Do you know that is the main pleasure in eating out in Spain...unless you are unlucky, everyone is really friendly if you try and speak a little Spanish. It is not like here where you barely get a grunt from badly trained staff and they throw the food at you as soon as look at you. Sorry to all of you in the catering/retailing industry...not every one is like that here (myself included) but I am sure you know what I mean.
CSR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.