Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

[QUOTE=tonyp;5048694]
Originally Posted by encodeme
Some of the Spanish food leaves a lot to be desired. Haven't the restaurants seen the beautiful veg in the market. We once asked for veg and got peas and carrots out of a jar. The last time I saw that in England was 70's .
I think the big cities in Spain must have good restaurants.
The nearest we got to decent food in Ayamonte is the Noosh, and that Lebanese food.[/QUOTE

I do agree with you.Unless you are into Tapas the food is limited.We always eat at Noosh and have not had a bad meal.Not tried Infante yet but will do on our next visit.Always end up down the Marina for a Steak

Regards

Tony
Hi Tony,
thanks for the support, at least it generated a good discussion.
I think Marisol was worried I was a little anti Spanish, but I don't mind who cooks it, or where its eaten as long as its good and not just full of fat/oil.
There is no doubt they serve fresh fish in Ayamonte....available fried or BBq'd on most menus.
regards
Encodeme
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Nice idea, but I´ve got to the stage now where just thinking about langostinas makes me nausious. I used to love them! And garlic? Nooooooooo. I can´t handle any more!!!
ROFL. You need a holiday. How did the song go.... "Gives us a bash at the bangers and mash .... "
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:02 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reptonian
ROFL. You need a holiday. How did the song go.... "Gives us a bash at the bangers and mash .... "
Errrr, you´re gonna have to sing that one in full for me. Never heard of it.

But yeah, a holiday probably is what I need. I´m actually struggling to remember the last time I left Spain - last few holidays were in Girona, Barcelona, Madrid......(incidentally, inland the number of fish dishes on the menu does reduce, but there is still no bloody variety!!). Every single restaurant churns out the same old stuff.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Roll on the floor laughing Keith. Sorry, not laughing at you, its just the irony of needing a holiday away from paradiso espanol.

Last edited by Reptonian; Jul 14th 2007 at 4:15 am.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

....(incidentally, inland the number of fish dishes on the menu does reduce, but there is still no bloody variety!!). Every single restaurant churns out the same old stuff.
Right, that's it. We're gonna bring you out roast forerib of beef, roast potatoes with three other veg and Yorkshire puddings. You'll have to put up with 100ml of gravy though due to airport restrictions.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:09 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

The club house is open!

Bennys in there having a beer as I am writing this

Last edited by Pam Sarky; Jul 14th 2007 at 7:57 am.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=encodeme;5054079]
Originally Posted by tonyp

Hi Tony,
thanks for the support, at least it generated a good discussion.
I think Marisol was worried I was a little anti Spanish, but I don't mind who cooks it, or where its eaten as long as its good and not just full of fat/oil.
There is no doubt they serve fresh fish in Ayamonte....available fried or BBq'd on most menus.
regards
Encodeme
Hi Encodeme
I don't think you are an anti Spanish, and if you are, that's up to you, i don't mind. I dont try to convince you nor anybody else of anything. I like Spanish, French, Italian, English, Moroccan...food, but what is good for one person may not be good for another one, so, each one can and should have his own opinion.
Regards
marisol
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

WOW !!! The Club House is open. I can´t believe it.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:28 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paco
WOW !!! The Club House is open. I can´t believe it.
And next Friday 20th the cinemas in the new commercial centre open too.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone guess the next question?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:46 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
The club house is open!

Bennys in there having a beer as I am writing this
You big tease....wot's it like then?

By the way it is raining again here.

CSR
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by CSR
You big tease....wot's it like then?

By the way it is raining again here.

CSR
Its true Cathy

I havent been in but Benny and Keith were in there last night. They are both very impressed and say its very nice. Benny is playing golf this morning so I may go and meet him for lunch there when he has finished. Thats if he has not fried to death in this heat
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:26 pm

So when are you going to show your face around here then?

We will take you for tapas and ply you with garlic
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:40 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
So when are you going to show your face around here then?

We will take you for tapas and ply you with garlic
Now you´re just being cruel!

Tell you what, I could murder one of those Maltese hotdogs. Mmmmmm. We could come to your place for a barbie - maybe make a few Maltese burgers too. Delicious.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:41 pm

Now you´re just being cruel!

Tell you what, I could murder one of those Maltese hotdogs. Mmmmmm. We could come to your place for a barbie - maybe make a few Maltese burgers too. Delicious.
Now that is just down right mean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.