Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:50 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
If you get too fed up with fried fish, you can always do what we often do. Sit on the balcony with a shed load of Langoustines, a pot of Aiolli, fresh crusty bread and several bottles of Crianza listening to James Morrison - Lovely!
Any room on your balcony for 2 more!
Sharon
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Any room on your balcony for 2 more!
Sharon
Anytime
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

...several bottles of Crianza listening to James Morrison - Lovely!
For older members I should point out that this is not Jim Morrison of The Doors fame
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Morning Marisol,

Nothing about food or Restaurants just to congratulate you on your English, it gets better with every post. I think we should appoint you this threads "Honorary English Lady".

Regards,

John.
</IMG>
Hi John
You have always been a charming person, not only with me but also with everybody and, because of that i want to thank you.
Thanks a lot!!
marisol
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:26 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharon, the best thing in my opinion is to do what we did when we first moved over here. Say there were 4 of us going for tapas we asked for various tapas for 4. It worked a treat and anything that we really liked we asked the name of and made sure we always ordered it when having tapas In fact we still do that if there are a few of us eating out.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Marisol El Choco is an excellent restaurant and we always try to eat there at least once each time we come out to CE. We also like La Casona.
Hello MikeCol,
Maybe we happen to meet there sometime. When we can, we usually sit outside and in this way, Roco can be with us, so, if you are there and see us, please sit with us and will share the bottle of white wine with you and chocos, of course
marisol
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Although, I think I prefer eating chocos and queueing up at the 'esperanza' next to the indoor market for my churros for breakfast and dunking it in my coffee in the cafe opposite...my favourite too!!!!!!
CSR
Hello CSR
Yes, i like to dunk the churros in my coffee too, is there another better way to eat them?
Founding out that only in Spain we do that surprised me. The first time i dunked a piece of cake in my coffee out of Spain, i did not understand why the other people looked at me with such amazement faces
They do not know what they are missing!!
Regards,
marisol

Last edited by jdr; Jul 13th 2007 at 10:31 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

I have never been the greatest fan of Chocos (apart from the Magnum variety) sorry play on words. The fresh tuna steaks sound like the business though. Watch out for too many of those langustes and shrimps...very bad for the cholesterol levels. Now some really good gazpacho....... massively healthy and almost no calories. Fantastico with Blanco.

Change of tack. has anyone any further intelligence on the mythical plans to build a marina at Esuri? Or was that more fadesa and agents various sales talk?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Reptonian
I have never been the greatest fan of Chocos (apart from the Magnum variety) sorry play on words. The fresh tuna steaks sound like the business though. Watch out for too many of those langustes and shrimps...very bad for the cholesterol levels. Now some really good gazpacho....... massively healthy and almost no calories. Fantastico with Blanco.

Change of tack. has anyone any further intelligence on the mythical plans to build a marina at Esuri? Or was that more fadesa and agents various sales talk?
Hi Reptonian,

I was in the shed a week ago talking to Paula and I asked about the Marina since the day before I had been across the river in Portugal having a look at the golf development directly opposite CE. Their model actually shows the marina to be built on the Portuguese side.

The upshot was that Paula said that it would depend on the new owners of Fadesa being prepared to spend the money needed to build the facility if and when final planning approval is granted. I judged this to be less positive than the answers used to be!

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello CSR
Yes, i like to dunk the churros in my coffee too, is there another better way to eat them?
Founding out that only in Spain we do that surprised me. The first time i dunked a piece of cake in my coffee out of Spain, i did not understand why the other people looked at me with such amazement faces
They do not know what they are missing!!
Regards,
marisol
Hi Marisol,

Up t'north on England we always "dunk" our biscuits in our tea (or coffee). Its an old tradition that I suppose goes back to the time when people lost their teeth early and needed to soften the hard biscuits to chew them!

Regards,

John.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Marisol,

Up t'north on England we always "dunk" our biscuits in our tea (or coffee). Its an old tradition that I suppose goes back to the time when people lost their teeth early and needed to soften the hard biscuits to chew them!

Regards,

John.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
I had never thought this habit was because of that, but it is very logical. I had the impression that only in Spain were accustomed to dunking in our coffee, it's good to know that in other places people enjoy doing it
marisol
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

The French certainly dip their bread in the hot chocolate at breakfast.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reptonian
The French certainly dip their bread in the hot chocolate at breakfast.
so, it means i was wrong. Now i am doubting if when the other people looked at me with such amazement faces was because i was dunking in someone else coffee
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:34 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

If you get too fed up with fried fish, you can always do what we often do. Sit on the balcony with a shed load of Langoustines, a pot of Aiolli, fresh crusty bread and several bottles of Crianza listening to James Morrison - Lovely!
Nice idea, but I´ve got to the stage now where just thinking about langostinas makes me nausious. I used to love them! And garlic? Nooooooooo. I can´t handle any more!!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:18 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Our local chiringuito has never changed the menu for at least 12 years. Except for the prices! Notice all the fish dishes have got a lot more garlic on than before. I ordered Sole in champagne sauce last week and all I could taste was garlic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.