Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello All

After a great time in CE ( oh how I long for the sun again!! ) we have got home to have John diagnosed with DVT. He is OK and fortunately he ( for once) listened to me and kept the Doc' appt I made. Got to have more tests, ultra sound/ blood taken again and have horrible needles in his stomach and take meds to thin his blood out........I'd have thought all the holiday alcohol would have done that anyway ! He reckons he needs more rum in his coke in future.

Anyway the main point of letting you know is to say please do not ignore cramp like/ tingling / aching legs. DVT is life threatening and needs urgent treatment. John's legs didn't even swell up which I believe is another symptom.

Will need to check for future flights but I have been told aspirin taken for a few days B4 the flight helps and I might treat him to some of those sexy flight socks.

Mel

Mel,

Really sorry to hear about John.Hope he is OK .Did his symptons occur during or after the flight??

Really curious to hear the news from your meeting???

Tony
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:44 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony

After the flight, but nothing drastic. Just thought it was cramp but he never usually has that.

Re the meeting, can you PM your tel no. so I have it to hand and I will give you a call over the next day or so.

All the best

Mel
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by esmesgran
Cheers
Here in Northumberland, dry and even sunny. My heart goes out to those in the flooded areas of the country though.

Can you tell me what Spanish address do you use when applying for your NIE number?
Helen
hi esmegran we had to go to helva to get our number(or rather our solicitor did) as the police in ayamonte did not do it, unless things have changed since we got ours!
where are you from in the north, i`m from newcastle
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hello All

After a great time in CE ( oh how I long for the sun again!! ) we have got home to have John diagnosed with DVT. He is OK and fortunately he ( for once) listened to me and kept the Doc' appt I made. Got to have more tests, ultra sound/ blood taken again and have horrible needles in his stomach and take meds to thin his blood out........I'd have thought all the holiday alcohol would have done that anyway ! He reckons he needs more rum in his coke in future.

Anyway the main point of letting you know is to say please do not ignore cramp like/ tingling / aching legs. DVT is life threatening and needs urgent treatment. John's legs didn't even swell up which I believe is another symptom.

Will need to check for future flights but I have been told aspirin taken for a few days B4 the flight helps and I might treat him to some of those sexy flight socks.

Mel
Mel

So sorry to hear about John. We do hope he makes a speedy recovery. I have to say I thought that DVT was more of a risk with long haul flights than short haul. Just goes to show that we should always be on the lookout for the symptoms. If you buy flight socks, make sure you get John mearured up by a pharmacist or nurse as it is important to have the correct fit.

Pat
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

Mel
Hello Mel
I am sorry to hear what happened to John, you must had fright!, but now, everything is ok, isn't it?
I have heard that to help prevent DVT, you must move your legs often during plane trips, car trips, and other situations in which you are sitting or lying down for long periods of time, but the doctor is who really knows and who tell you the way to prevent it and do not worry because most DVT's disappear without a problem.
hasta pronto
marisol
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:12 am
Just Joined

esmesgran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by david and steph
hi esmegran we had to go to helva to get our number(or rather our solicitor did) as the police in ayamonte did not do it, unless things have changed since we got ours!
where are you from in the north, i`m from newcastle
Hello David or Steph

I live in Stakeford! hence the desire to have a place somewhere lovely in Spain. We were going to get the NIE number from the Embassy here, but I have to give an address in Spain. From your comment did you give your solicitor POA, once he has that can he get your NIE number then?

Helen
PS
Thanks to JDR for helping me get started on the thread and for all the advice.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Hello David or Steph

I live in Stakeford! hence the desire to have a place somewhere lovely in Spain. We were going to get the NIE number from the Embassy here, but I have to give an address in Spain. From your comment did you give your solicitor POA, once he has that can he get your NIE number then?

Helen
PS
Hi Helen,

We gave our solicitor Power of Attorney which enabled him to get our NIEs amongst other things. If I remember rightly when we applied for POA our solicitor sent us the paperwork and we went to the Spanish embassy in London and had it signed and stamped by a notary. It took about half an hour and cost about £40.00.

The nearest embassy to you would be in Manchester, which is obviously still miles away, so I think the other option is to get the paperwork stamped by a notary when you are next in Spain.

Hope that helps.
Chris
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello David or Steph

Helen
PS
We got our NIEs through our solicitor in Ayamonte. Took 20 days only. We had to give the solicitor POA (which meant a quick trip to the Notary while we were out there), but you probably need to do that, anyway, unless you are planning to commute during the buying process We were going to do it at the Embassy but were advised that it was likely to take at least 3 months and it still had to go to Huelva for approval anyway. We found the whole buying experience very easy - although it's a bit scary transferring large amounts of money which seems to disappear for a week before it reappears in some one else's account

Good luck
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We got our NIEs through our solicitor in Ayamonte. Took 20 days only. We had to give the solicitor POA (which meant a quick trip to the Notary while we were out there), but you probably need to do that, anyway, unless you are planning to commute during the buying process We were going to do it at the Embassy but were advised that it was likely to take at least 3 months and it still had to go to Huelva for approval anyway. We found the whole buying experience very easy - although it's a bit scary transferring large amounts of money which seems to disappear for a week before it reappears in some one else's account

Good luck
I hope everyone who gives POA to their solicitors/lawyers also rescinds it after they have completed. ;-))
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi All,

Some of you may recall a discussion some weeks back about the need to inform the authorities if you intend to rent out your property for holiday lets. I reported that on another forum Maria de Castro a lawyer from south CDL had given the opinion that for Andalucia all that was required was to inform the tourist department of the Provincial Government of your intent to conform with the relevant Royal Decree (this does not apply to ApartHotel type of development).

Unfortunately MdC helpfully provided an English translation of what was required which would not go down well if sent to the Tourist Dept, in Huelva.

I have retranslated this into Spanish with the help of google and post it here for comment on how accurate this might be (Keith and Carol please)

"The Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Sport
Provincial Office
Department of Tourism
Huelva

I request that The Provincial Office of Tourism, Commerce and Sport - Department of Tourism - accepts this as written notification that my property, situated in (address) is dedicated to holiday rentals to tourists and that it be duly dealt with to comply with the law laid down in Articles 18 and 19 of the Royal Decree 2877/82 of 15th October.

El Ministerio del Turismo del Comercio y del Deporte
Oficina Provincial
Departmento del Turismo
Huelva

Solicito que la Oficina Provincial del Turismo del Comercio y del Deporte – Departmento del Turismo - acepte este esorito como notificacion de que mi Propiedad situade en (ADDRESS) es destiuad a alquiler turistico en conforme a los articulos 18 y 19 de R.D. 2877/82 de 15 de Octubre."

Thanks in anticipation,

John.

</IMG>
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:19 am
Just Joined

bob_reefcatfishing is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow what a thread

I live just on the Portuguese side of the border in Vila Real de St Antonio. Just visited CE for the first time in a few years, and it seems to be sprouting well.

Just looking to contact some local golfers to maybe join in for a round or two. Haven't played for an age, so thought I would try a quick note here, in the hope that I could find a like minded sole who won't laugh too much at my very rusty efforts.

Best wishes to all - Bob
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:00 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Could the owner of townhouse manzana 2 number 27 please contact me asap. Dont panic, your house is ok.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Could the owner of townhouse manzana 2 number 27 please contact me asap. Dont panic, your house is ok.
!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:04 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
!!!!
Hey this is serious matey
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Hey this is serious matey
Got it!!

It was funny though, kinda Basil Faulty worthy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.