Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:25 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Economy Car Hire (imaginatively to be found under www.economycarhire.com ) have no hidden extras - virtually every other company claims to have included cdw, then at Faro you discover the excess is £42000, and there is more to be paid to actually waiver collision damage in a way I recognise. Also they allow you to take that dramatic step over the Guardiana bridge without incurring another additional fee. Bless 'em - always rely on them myself now.

Anyway, three England wins in a day. That Fullers ESB is powerful stuff. Is there a bar local to CE recommended for England match days? Russia springs to mind as having potential for a little atmosphere.
We watched the match in the club house yesterday
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
We watched the match in the club house yesterday
Was they open that late
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Was they open that late
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif
Its getting better, they open till 10pm now
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Masey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV How happy am I

Originally Posted by tednsharon
I must say what I do notice in these pics of phase 2 is that outside our house on phase 1 we have an area approx the size of the yellow pathway in pic 3 which is planted with shrubs. I hadn't appreciated quite how much Fadesa had cut down on the "planting" . I've attached a pic of the front of our house taken at Easter and you can see the difference. They appear a bit scruffy in that picture, but looked lovely in August!

Sharon
Maybe the V shaped areas are for planting? anyway most of the feedback is positive which is really encouraging
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

CAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really nice

We had aircon fitted last summer but it has been largely unuasable due to a continual problem of foul air permeating the flat when it is used. Fadesa of couse initially blamed the aircon installation, but after numerous adjustments by the engineers it is now confirmed that the problem is due to Fadesa.
When I reported it again this year after another round of aircon callouts, the lady in the Fadesa snagging office admitted that she has had numerous similar complaints. She said that they were looking at the plans and had decided to seek permission to enter each apartment with the intention of breaking and then resealing each sanitary-ware joint. Personally I do not think they know what the problem is and feel it is likely to prove a much more fundamental and major problem with incorrectly designed and installed sewers/drains and vents.Surely there should be no connection between stink pipes and internal aircon ducting.I have a horrible feeling this is going to run and run without a proper solution.
As such I would be interested in the views of other owners who have encountered this problem with a view to making a joint response to Fadesa should they fail to solve this.As I explained to the the Costa Esuri representetives of Fadesa, the value of our property has been reduced as a result of this problem.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone ( PM me )
Best regards
Andy
Andy

We also own a Rago 2 apartment, having completed in early 06, and have foul air emanating from the aircon ducting, be it intermittently; some days its OK and others unusable. We initially blamed the installers and it was not until December 06 that it become apparent that it was a Fadesa ducting problem. Since then we have addressed the problem to Paul in the shed, in writing to Fadesa's head office, and to the after sales office (Vanessa). The girls acknowledge that there have been a number of similar complaints, and that it is a Fadesa problem; however, I have nothing admitting this on paper. There has been no response to my letter to head office which was written in English.

I will be returning to CE later this month and will follow up with after sales. It also had been my intention to write again to Fidesa HQ, and thereafter to seek legal advice. However, I would be more than pleased to join any joint action.

If you require any more info please ask, and I will respond by PM.

Taff
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Karen Reilly is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just got my 'snagging list' and am absolutely horrified to find 10 pages of faults........... has anybody else received their snagging list and found all and everything to be either broken, tarnished, missing, hanging off, leaks, locks not working and on and on and on. What has been the time scale for getting things put right? Please can somebody reassaure me that it will all turn out okay and our duplex apartment will eventually be habitable. I dont know wether to cry or what, we are due out to CE on Friday and thankfully are not staying in the apartment, have booked into a hotel instead, its just as well though isnt it as we wouldn't have been able to stay there. I know I am just rabbiting on and on but I just need somebody to put my mind at ease.............. H E L P ! ! ! !
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Karen Reilly
I have just got my 'snagging list' and am absolutely horrified to find 10 pages of faults........... has anybody else received their snagging list and found all and everything to be either broken, tarnished, missing, hanging off, leaks, locks not working and on and on and on. What has been the time scale for getting things put right? Please can somebody reassaure me that it will all turn out okay and our duplex apartment will eventually be habitable. I dont know wether to cry or what, we are due out to CE on Friday and thankfully are not staying in the apartment, have booked into a hotel instead, its just as well though isnt it as we wouldn't have been able to stay there. I know I am just rabbiting on and on but I just need somebody to put my mind at ease.............. H E L P ! ! ! !
Karen, 10 pages is a hell of a lot of snags!! My husband does snagging lists and the most he has done is around 4 pages. Please dont worry too much. Wait till you come over with your snagging list and check your apartment. You will probably find that a lot of them are not as bad as it looks on paper. You will also find that most of them are minute snags that you would never pick up yourself and can live with.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hi Karen

Don't panic. You'll probably find that your surveyor has probably been a little over enthusiastic and a lot of the 'snags' will be quite small and easily put right. You'd be very unlucky for it to be overwise.
My only advice would be do not complete on the purchase until you have checked the position out; and if possible not until the majority (if not all) of the faults have been put right. (Strange as it might seem, it is the little things that seem to take the longest for Fadesa to get round to so holding off on completion may give them a extra push.)
I'm sure everything will come good in the end.
Steve and Pat
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

Steven, Pat and Sam are all right Karen. Sam's husband, Benny, did our snagging (Rago 1 apartment) and could barely find anything wrong. Some of the things he put down on the list, we would never have picked up - it's probably nowhere near as bad as it seems. Have a lovely time when you get there on Friday.
Yvonne
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Karen Reilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for your replys on my 10 page snagging list. Yes I guess some of the snags are small faults, but when it comes to cupboards not attached to walls, locks not working, leaks and smashed tiles, windows lose, damaged door frames, no sealant around windows and doors, tiles on steps broken, rusty taps oh it goes on and on. The company Let & Care have done a brilliant job for us and thankfully they do 2 follow up visits to the home too, but I had visions of just having the odd jobs to be done not the house apartment from top to bottom. I am atRM1 Manzana 1 if anybody knows where that is, the only good thing will be the view we have. It really has taken the shine away from the apartment. Unfortunately we completed in July and this will be our fisrt time to see it. Rob from Frontera is giving the place a clean, god help them apparently its full of insects and extrememly dirty, then the furniture will be put in place etc. Does anybody know if its okay for these workmen to go into your home when you have all your things there, is it safe or do you have to lock everything away ? I must stop, I am once again rabbiting on at full speed,, have not calmed down at all, just keep looking at the 10 pages and thinking 'god what have I done', will defo go to the club house when we are up there and see if anybody else is there. Thanks everyone for your comments, it does help to moan doesnt it.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:06 am

Please stop worryng Karen. It always seems worse when you are in the Uk reading it from a paper. Wait while you get here and take it from there. Make sure the after sales office already have a copy, I am sure Let and Care will call in to make sure.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!! have finally completed our Rago 1 Bloque 1 purchase. We actually completed a few weeks ago, and have been having a very frustrating time since then trying to get any information whatsoever out of our solicitors (Moron Pendas) about what all the mysterious payments out of our bank account are, whether there are any more to come, how much per month our mortgage payment is going to be, or anything else for that matter. Neither email nor phone calls to the helpful but terminally overworked staff seem to produce a meaningful response. Has anyone else had this difficulty? Or are we just being over-anxious Brits who don't yet have a proper sense of manana?

But never mind! These are just minor irritations, compared to the thrill of actually owning a small slice of Spain! We will be out in Oct from 6 - 13 rushing around trying to equip said property so would be interested to know who else might be out there at the same time - any chance of comparing notes with fellow Rago 1 -ers over a drink at the clubhouse? (Steve and Judith, we haven't forgotten we're going to meet up - tee times booked, will PM you).

Hasta luego, nuestros vecinos nuevos.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by A & M
Hooray!! have finally completed our Rago 1 Bloque 1 purchase. We actually completed a few weeks ago, and have been having a very frustrating time since then trying to get any information whatsoever out of our solicitors (Moron Pendas) about what all the mysterious payments out of our bank account are, whether there are any more to come, how much per month our mortgage payment is going to be, or anything else for that matter. Neither email nor phone calls to the helpful but terminally overworked staff seem to produce a meaningful response. Has anyone else had this difficulty? Or are we just being over-anxious Brits who don't yet have a proper sense of manana?

But never mind! These are just minor irritations, compared to the thrill of actually owning a small slice of Spain! We will be out in Oct from 6 - 13 rushing around trying to equip said property so would be interested to know who else might be out there at the same time - any chance of comparing notes with fellow Rago 1 -ers over a drink at the clubhouse? (Steve and Judith, we haven't forgotten we're going to meet up - tee times booked, will PM you).

Please post me your email of you would like to join the Rago 1 action group.

Mike
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yvonne King will become famous soon enoughYvonne King will become famous soon enough

I can sympathise with the lack of info about cost of the mortgage, payments coming out of your bank account and so on. We completed on Rago 1 in June and we've still had no paperwork about our bank account or mortgage. The only thing we've had from the bank is a credit card that they charged us 12 euros for - that's going back today for a refund! I managed to find out the cost of the mortgage from the broker, but no paperwork from the lender at all. It's all very strange but seems to be how they operate out there. (We had a different solicitor to you who has been great, I have to say). In the end, I asked someone at work who is fluent in Spanish to ring the bank yesterday and find out what these odd payments were coming out of our account and have finally got to the bottom of it all (until the next time!) One payment of 24 euros was for paperwork for the mortgage - what a cheek! Needless to say, I'm following that one up.
Aside from all that, enjoy your apartment when you get out there - I'm sure you won't be disappointed - we love ours and can't wait to get back out there.
Yvonne
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Adrian and Miranda
Congratulations on completion!!! At last you must be really please to be in,
as we have to stick to school holidays it may be a while before our paths cross again but we are still looking forward to visiting you in your apartment sometime soon.
Good luck in your new home,
Val

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.