Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:30 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV Festivals

Originally Posted by RICH
Hi there

I have some friends coming over on monday, is it a music festival for the week?

Richard
Hi I'm sitting in a bar, on holiday abroad, with free internet and checked the posts.... the error I made on logging in was that I hit 'enter' before seeing the little box that says 'remember me on this computer' - which was ticked.

JDR is it possible to change the default setting so that this box is NOT ticked - to protect users who check in from afar? Im not an expert and I wont be back here, so this setting will stay on this public computer. I logged back in after closing the browser, but I didnt get a message saying "if you are not Jon, please click here" (or something like that).

So I am the default person on this public machine.

So any time someone logs in on this particular machine, they go straight to my account... this causes 2 problems

1) someone 'genuine' may want to look at their profile and cant. (Ive tried to delete the history but the security settings forbid me........ so sorry to you guys that come here to check, you can read but not answer in your name)

2) someone 'less that genuine' may send 'bad' posts in my name .... those that know me will realise its not me..

Also theres no way I will say where I am because the opportunities to 'take the mick' are too many to mention!!!

Happy holidays

Jon

PS Kath and John 'Felicitations' on your ruby weding anniversary
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV How happy am I

Originally Posted by finca steve
Well done John, its good to see you sorted the 'levels'/'height' problems and your build is underway at last.

I have followed this thread for sometime but not being on CE have rarely butted in, I would say however, that an alien, or Australian, reading most of the comments would only be reassured they were right about the 'winghing poms'. Of course we all want 'it' to be right and fair enough, but a move abroad to a new life should be one of the most exciting times of peoples lives and it is a shame to get all wound up about a few problems which given time will be sorted.

Relax, chill, look forward to the prospect of coming or if already here enjoy the evening drink, game of golf, great views and wonderful climate. Does it matter if you hav'nt got the same fence/door/gate/patio/parking space/colour of tiles or what ever. You are a long time dead!!!!

End of rant and not of course directed at you John.

Regards
Hi Steve

I think we all agree that the decision to buy was the right one for most of us largely based on choosing a lifestyle, but it also remains a considerable investment and like any purchase we expect to get what we agreed to buy otherwise we take it back and ask for our money back or an alternative. In the UK we now even have HIPS to make sure we know what we are getting. I do not regard this as whingeing - it just makes sense to be clear about expectations. It takes nothing away from the enjoyment of visiting the area or for those choosing to live in the area full time. I do however regard this forum as a powerful and influential way of encouraging and bringing about the changes we need. This has already proved to be the case. And as most know it is significantly more difficult to bring about change once a process is technically completed.

Carol
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I'm sitting in a bar, on holiday abroad, with free internet and checked the posts.... the error I made on logging in was that I hit 'enter' before seeing the little box that says 'remember me on this computer' - which was ticked.

JDR is it possible to change the default setting so that this box is NOT ticked - to protect users who check in from afar? Im not an expert and I wont be back here, so this setting will stay on this public computer. I logged back in after closing the browser, but I didnt get a message saying "if you are not Jon, please click here" (or something like that).

So any time someone logs in on this particular machine, they go straight to my account... this causes 2 problems

1) someone 'genuine' may want to look at their profile and cant. (Ive tried to delete the history but the security settings forbid me........ so sorry to you guys that come here to check, you can read but not answer in your name)

2) someone 'less that genuine' may send 'bad' posts in my name .... those that know me will realise its not me..

Also theres no way I will say where I am because the opportunities to 'take the mick' are too many to mention!!!

Happy holidays

Jon

Jon, If you log out you should get this screen, like mine your name should not be there anyway, so if you want just untick the box and log in again.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-log-.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:59 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RICH
Hi there

I have some friends coming over on monday, is it a music festival for the week?

Richard
It is Las Angustias which is the main Festival here in Ayamonte. So yes there will be music and events from the 4th-9th.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by jdr
The main problem seems to be the sentence highlighted in blue.
They seem to set everything up to suit themselves and their own time scale, but like you say, hopefully this will change sooner than later.

I am amazed this thread has run so long and without one post from Fadesa ?
Do you really think anyone from Fadesa actually reads this forum? Having said that Paula has mentioned the forum to us in the past so she may do.

Pat
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!

Have I missed something?
I thought this was a particularly quiet spell! I do enjoy the photos, however, so many thanks.

Let's cheer up (it's the weekend!):
with thoughts of Los Verdes opening up an office/chiringuito at the new marina...
BREAKING NEWS: CE to have it's very own "Guadiwood" (ie. Bollywood gone west) located at the "new" filmset...
Carol's solar train to start running from the commercial centre's underground car park (flat battery et al)...
New shop opening at the commercial centre: D & G (Doom & Gloom). What would be for sale?
(Just in case anyone thinks I'm serious, this is all makebelieve - or, is it?)

Regards,
Carol

P.S. Michaelh, any photo updates pleaaaassseeee?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Option 1 - Tools >> Internet Options - Delete browing history, cookies etc etc
Option 2 - Logout at the welcome sign - top right hand corner of Bexpats.

Happy holidays

Jon

Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Do you really think anyone from Fadesa actually reads this forum? Having said that Paula has mentioned the forum to us in the past so she may do.

Pat
You would be surprised who monitors website forums ;-) ;-)
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Hi John&Carol,

The guy who scored 49 points did play on the Saturday, but I don't think his score was as good again. I think he left that to another Spanish player (he won with 48 !)

Hi TonyP,

I enjoyed our small 'roll up' on the Friday. The young lady in your group (Emma ?) looked a very useful player, perhaps she could give Luke some competition ?

Hi MikeCol,

So the full time move out to CE is back on ?

Hi John&Kath,

Thanks for the photos, I think I could see our Rago 2 Apartments in the distance. We will be able to wave to each other. But what is the chap in the white hat doing over your build

Regards to All
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi John&Carol
Hi John&Kath,

Thanks for the photos, I think I could see our Rago 2 Apartments in the distance. We will be able to wave to each other. But what is the chap in the white hat doing over your build

Regards to All
Hi BobD,

That yellow "snake" down by his left leg is a hosepipe and he is wetting down the concrete before the sun gets to hot to stop it cracking. At least I think it is and I think that what is happening!

Not for the ladies but I heard once that urine helps concrete cure don't know if its true.

Regards,

John.
PS we will have a flag pole and raise a flag when we are in residence but it will be useful for passing messages to the other areas.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 31st 2007 at 9:55 am.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I heard once that urine helps concrete cure don't know if its true.
There shouldn't be a problem with supply. Fadesa have been taking the p*** out of all of us for years.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Further to JDR and Gerry's replies. If you have already left the bar and can't go back to the machine. Request to have your password reset by clicking here http://britishexpats.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw you'll be emailed a replacement.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV How happy am I

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi all,

Just so you don't get the impression I am despondent about the outcome at CE here are a couple of photos taken this morning. The first will be the view from my lounge looking out over the 8th fairway and green of Golf II. In the background you can see the bridge into the site across the marisma, the bridge to Portugal and the Iberia hotel in Monte Gordo. the second is the view across the 8th fairway to Pam Sarky's house.

Regards,

John.

Hi John & Kath

Just as we were getting thoroughly fed up with waiting for completion on our plot, you post 2 very inspiring photos on your progress.

WOW!!!!

In the first picture is that our plot opposite you?

Thanks again and keep us posted..

Dave & Lynn
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV How happy am I

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi John & Kath

Just as we were getting thoroughly fed up with waiting for completion on our plot, you post 2 very inspiring photos on your progress.

WOW!!!!

In the first picture is that our plot opposite you?

Thanks again and keep us posted..

Dave & Lynn
Hi Dave & Lynn,

Yes thats you directly over the right hand front square column.

Regards,

John.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:12 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
There shouldn't be a problem with supply. Fadesa have been taking the p*** out of all of us for years.
Karma sent for that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.