Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Esuri Boys
I am so sorry, that was a genuine mistake. I thought that as Marisol makes the effort to write in english i would practice my spanish and thank him for his comments. I have read up on the rules now and wont make that mistake again. Sorry if i have annoyed anyone.
No problem, but its just if everyone wrote in their own language, 20 or 30 countries are covered in the forums ...... ;-)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry, that was a genuine mistake. I thought that as Marisol makes the effort to write in english i would practice my spanish and thank him for his comments. I have read up on the rules now and wont make that mistake again. Sorry if i have annoyed anyone.
Well I wasnt annoyed. I think what you have written was most eloquent!
(Oh bugger,I think that was originally a French word)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Marisol

Gracias para su concierne acerca de las las inundaciones aquí en Inglaterra. Es agradable saber que usted piensa acerca de nosotros. He estado a clases españolas y quise practicar mi español, así que la esperanza que esto tiene sentido.

Paul

Hello Paul,
Thanks for your message and your effort to writte in Espanish. I undestood every word you said but you address me as "usted" and i would prefer to be addressed as "tu".
If you want to send me a PM in Spanish, i can answer you and in this way, you can practise.
Regards,
marisol
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

Hallo Paul, Esuri Boys !

Your spanish is fantastic ! I am very glad that english people are learning spanish. I think, it is necessary for life in CE ( Ayamonte ).

Saludos muy cordiales y animo !

Paco
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paco
Hallo Paul, Esuri Boys !

Your spanish is fantastic ! I am very glad that english people are learning spanish. I think, it is necessary for life in CE ( Ayamonte ).
Paco
Hola
I'm with Paul and Paco on this one. If we expect to get the most out of living in Spain, whether it be 52 weeks a year or some shorter period, we ought to make some effort to speak and understand Spanish. In those circumstances the occasional foray into espanol should not be a problem.

Hasta pronto
Chao

Steve
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to you, Paul! I was not annoyed in the least, but, I guess rules are rules.
As jdr says, "google is your friend" () Pues bueno, "babel" es mi amigo tambien! Sorry, jdr, I couldn't help myself!

Carol

P.S. Any news on the Golf Clubhouse?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to be nice about this, but I have already had a few smart replies.
If you read rule 15, I should delete all text that is not English, but I relented and just guided everyone to the rules.
The rule is for the benefit of everyone on the site, not everyone on the Spanish forum can speak Spanish, or possibly any of the other languages of the countries this site covers if people from there decided to post on this thread in their own language.
If you want to practice your Spanish why not do as our friend Marisol suggests and do it by PM.
thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

ok, jdr, understood. Just passing pleasantries which will stop.
Carol
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Well done to you, Paul! I was not annoyed in the least, but, I guess rules are rules.
As jdr says, "google is your friend" () Pues bueno, "babel" es mi amigo tambien! Sorry, jdr, I couldn't help myself!

Carol

P.S. Any news on the Golf Clubhouse?
Hi Carol&John,

Been out from Monday thro Thursday this week and visited the clubhouse each day for a sandwich. The professional was moving his office a bit each day. and said that the clubhouse would open one day this week. All finished but waiting for the bit of paper from the Ayuntamiento. There is an official opening tournamemt I think on the 17th so it has to open for that!

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re golf & cricket

Hi All
Just retuned from IC
We played golf at CE several times the last time being
Tuesday 3rd ,the pro shop was being to the new club while we were there also the cleaners were in full swing.
The manager said it would be open by the weekend.
I know you have heard it all before but things were actually happening.
How good was the cricket evening ,I am hopefully there for the next game.
Keeping wicket with all those wides was hard work & my legs ached like hell the next day.
I hate to say it but the rest of the world eleven gave the English team a bit of a pasting.

Chris
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Not long now........................Sunday morning we will be starting our new life in Ayamonte.........cant wait. The first thing hubby and I will be doing will be heading the beach to chill-out. Been stressfull enough packing up, but being 15 meteres away from the car at Glasgow Airport last week...well lets just say my shoulders are now past my ears!!!!!!

A couple of hours in the sun...............siesta.............sangria...... ........just the ticket to chill-out.

Hope to meet up with some of you all.

See you soon:

Rachel
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ears332205
Not long now........................Sunday morning we will be starting our new life in Ayamonte.........cant wait. The first thing hubby and I will be doing will be heading the beach to chill-out. Been stressfull enough packing up, but being 15 meteres away from the car at Glasgow Airport last week...well lets just say my shoulders are now past my ears!!!!!!

A couple of hours in the sun...............siesta.............sangria...... ........just the ticket to chill-out.

Hope to meet up with some of you all.

See you soon:

Rachel
Hi Rachel,

Hope the move goes smoothly and I wish you both health and happiness in your new future.

Chris
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the clubhouse news, John & Chris. Hoped you enjoyed your visits.
Safe journey to Rachel, too.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:56 am
Paul

Esuri Boys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paco
Hallo Paul, Esuri Boys !

Paco
Thank you Paco. I will continue with my Spanish lessons (obviously not on this forum) and hope that i can integrate into the spanish community with ease when we move out to live.

Paul
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
I am trying to be nice about this, but I have already had a few smart replies.
If you read rule 15, I should delete all text that is not English, but I relented and just guided everyone to the rules.
The rule is for the benefit of everyone on the site, not everyone on the Spanish forum can speak Spanish, or possibly any of the other languages of the countries this site covers if people from there decided to post on this thread in their own language.
If you want to practice your Spanish why not do as our friend Marisol suggests and do it by PM.
thanks.
Okay, caught banged to rights. It's a fair cop Senor - sorry, Guv!

Steve

(Don't blame Pat, nothing to do with her; and she is still laughing about my last indiscretion.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.