Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Fred R
Thanks Carol Elizabeth - hope we didn't! We are in Block 2, Portal 2, apartment A. Where are you?
Hi Fred

We are Bloque 3 Portal 1 so we perhaps are on the opposite corner to you - top floor however.

Carol
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Hi Fred

We are Bloque 3 Portal 1 so we perhaps are on the opposite corner to you - top floor however.

Carol
What a feast of photos - thanks to all who have contributed! The variety of weathers! Hard to believe!

Carol
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Thanks Graham G for the photos of shopping centre, very reassuring.

Great News to hear you bumped into John and Kath and that they have completed on their plot.

Congratulations John & Kath good news after such a long and patient wait. Hopefully we may be able to complete on our plot soon too.

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Graham G
We are furious about the Forteleza remarks (posting 1474) about the La Plaza shopping centre behind the BP garage. Perhaps he/she was wearing 'shades' at the time. We arrived home this evening and we were incensed by the remarks. Let others decide with the aid of my pictures.

There are approx 20-30 shops open (50%). The scale of the place is a little short of the Jumbo centre in Faro. It is airy, bright and plenty of escallators and stairs. Considering the centre is not fully operational it is crazy to pass judgement so early on. When all units are open they will have a super food mall. Mercadona is clean, spacious isles, well stocked shelves, terrific seafood counter but yes no fresh meat.

Go back Forteleza and take another look without the blinkers.

Whilst my blood is running high how about lowering your tone and using more acceptable language. I'm surprised you did not get a red card from the administrator for that tasteless posting.

Graham G (& Sandra who can always find good places to spend our cash.)
It looks lovely. are there places to eat there? Last time I was there it wasn't open...Mercadona was and we thought that was great. I could see the front of a San Rio 'Hello Kitty' shop for little girls. My granddaughter will love that!!!
what else is there I can't wait to see. We have watched it develop with interest.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by olivia
It looks lovely. are there places to eat there? Last time I was there it wasn't open...Mercadona was and we thought that was great. I could see the front of a San Rio 'Hello Kitty' shop for little girls. My granddaughter will love that!!!
what else is there I can't wait to see. We have watched it develop with interest.
Well done to all and sundry.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Go for it Carol - great photos! Did the last lot show lots of almond blossom?

Carol
Hey Carol,
Thanks, and yes, my guess is almond blossom.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Now you have the "hang of it" why not post some of the Sevilla ones in the Spain page of the Photo Gallery ;-)
Many thanks for your help, jdr. I think these babies had best remain on the Esuri ward for the time being ('cause dunno, where is the Photo Gallery?oops, I see it now at the very top!)

Congratulations, Steve and Pat, for the safe delivery of your colourful photos! It was a long labour, indeed!

Carol&John would like to thank the "delivery team" for their patience, and we appreciate all the photos & jokes posted recently (what a variety!)

Now, GrahamG, it looks like there's some serious shopping to do at La Plaza!

Regards,
Carol
P.S. It's stormy outside, so can't sleep. What's this I hear of balmy temperatures on the CdL?

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 27th 2007 at 3:25 pm. Reason: Photo Gallery insert
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graham G
We are furious about the Forteleza remarks (posting 1474) about the La Plaza shopping centre behind the BP garage. Perhaps he/she was wearing 'shades' at the time. We arrived home this evening and we were incensed by the remarks. Let others decide with the aid of my pictures.

There are approx 20-30 shops open (50%). The scale of the place is a little short of the Jumbo centre in Faro. It is airy, bright and plenty of escallators and stairs. Considering the centre is not fully operational it is crazy to pass judgement so early on. When all units are open they will have a super food mall. Mercadona is clean, spacious isles, well stocked shelves, terrific seafood counter but yes no fresh meat.

Go back Forteleza and take another look without the blinkers.

Whilst my blood is running high how about lowering your tone and using more acceptable language. I'm surprised you did not get a red card from the administrator for that tasteless posting.

Graham G (& Sandra who can always find good places to spend our cash.)
I would just like to thank Graham G for his post regarding the La Plaza shopping centre! After reading previous posts I became quite confused as my parents now live on CE and have raved about the new centre, especially the excellent fish counter! Thank you for the photos it looks great.

Andrea and Col
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

I contract Conforta to take care of the connection of water, gas and electricity. Has anyone used them and would you recommend them or are there other efficient ways of sorting this out from afar?

Thanks

Andy[/QUOTE]

Hi Andy

I used Conforta for this - charge around 30 - 40 euros per utility - painless exercise and well worth the money (in my opinion).

You need your bank details and NIE when going to the shed.

Cheers,

Matt
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
I'm sure there have been postings about utilities before.....but now I have just completed on my Pueblo Andaluz apartment I need to get my head around it!! My abogado has suggested I contract Conforta to take care of the connection of water, gas and electricity. Has anyone used them and would you recommend them or are there other efficient ways of sorting this out from afar?

Thanks

Andy
Hi Andy

We used Conforta who charged about €42 per utility for organising this and then the actual utility company deduct a charge from your account for the connection...approx just under €200 but I can check for you if you want the exact figure. Conforta hand this task over to their solicitor Isabel who is very helpful indeed and when I get home I can search our her email address for you if this would help. Just check your solicitor hasn't already charged you for this service in their billing as they may be the ones to carry out this work on your behalf.

All the best

Mel
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Andy

We used Conforta who charged about €42 per utility for organising this and then the actual utility company deduct a charge from your account for the connection...approx just under €200 but I can check for you if you want the exact figure. Conforta hand this task over to their solicitor Isabel who is very helpful indeed and when I get home I can search our her email address for you if this would help. Just check your solicitor hasn't already charged you for this service in their billing as they may be the ones to carry out this work on your behalf.

All the best

Mel
Mel (and Matt),

Thanks very much for the info. I'm sure my solicitor hasn't already billed me for this. I'll PM from here on.

Thanks

Andy
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:18 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS !!!! to all for the photo's. There are some great shots and lifts the spirits of those of us who have not been able to get out there for months.

Just a quick question ...............has anybody else found that Graham's photo's show up more quickly than the others. That is the only bugbear with the majority of the photos recently, have to wait so long before with get to see them.

Thanks again to all

Mel
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough

THANKS !!!! to all for the photo's. There are some great shots and lifts the spirits of those of us who have not been able to get out there for months.

Just a quick question ...............has anybody else found that Graham's photo's show up more quickly than the others. That is the only bugbear with the majority of the photos recently, have to wait so long before with get to see them.

Thanks again to all

Mel
All to do with camera resolution I think. Graham's pics have either been resized or taken with a lower resolution camera. Size of the files is Graham 200kb, others 1000kb there in lies the loading speed IMHO.
Resolution = picture quality, doesnt notice on here but you might notice it if you tried to print them.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:28 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Thanks again to all

Mel
Yes thank you Graham. The photos from Block 10 of the hailstones were great...and it was good to see my view going green slowly.

Does anyone know what time the golf club shuts in the evening?

CSR
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Impish
All to do with camera resolution I think. Graham's pics have either been resized or taken with a lower resolution camera. Size of the files is Graham 200kb, others 1000kb there in lies the loading speed IMHO.
Resolution = picture quality, doesnt notice on here but you might notice it if you tried to print them.
Some of the pics being posted are 4KB, when they are opened they are auto reduced to 1.2mb to fit the screen better.
To see what I mean right click the photo and click image properties, then open it and right click and image properties again and see the difference in size.
If they pics are reduced prior then they will open quicker. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.