Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Tammy
sorry about this but im not getting any response to my questions, am i doing somethng wrong let us no please
Hi Tammy,

I think the problem is that your question is impossible to answer. Whether Costa Calida is a better place to live than Costa de la Luz is purely a matter of personal preference. I'd say no, but we have friends with an apartment in Mojacar that would disagree with me entirely. Until you live somewhere you'll never know.

There was a page on the previous thread that had some information on schools. Click this link- http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...page=219&pp=15

As for your husband's trade, I imagine job prospects would depend on many things, not least of which how much Spanish he can speak. Remember the Costa de la Luz is not like the Costa del Sol where English is spoken more widely.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Chris
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:50 am
James

JamesPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all

Has anyone ever used any taxi firms from Costa Esuri, and if so could you provide any numbers

thanks
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=CSR]they probably feel sorry for me and say 'there is that poor women again jogging around the development...she is soooooo unfit!!!! Let us stop for a chat so she can get her breath back and stop being purple!!!!'

Not fit enough for jogging - will watch out for you too - but we can and do manage fairly long walks/hikes. We have a good book of walks (relatively short walks) in the Algarve (in English) which I managed to find in a book shop. One or two are just across the border from CE but we will be really keen to walk in the CE area - does anyone know of any books of walks that can be bought? The other possibility is documented walks in the National Parks? Is there a Spanish equivalence to an Ordance Survey Maps? Do they have a system of footpaths across owners' land? The walks in the Algarve tend to be on tracks rather than across land or fields - how does it work in Spain?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CAROL ELIZABETH

There used to be a website called Greenways in Spain but it seems to have morphed into this

http://www.tourspain.co.uk/UK/toursp...s/?Language=en

I looked at it for cycle routes around Ayamonte.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Not fit enough for jogging - will watch out for you too - but we can and do manage fairly long walks/hikes. We have a good book of walks (relatively short walks) in the Algarve (in English) which I managed to find in a book shop. One or two are just across the border from CE but we will be really keen to walk in the CE area - does anyone know of any books of walks that can be bought? The other possibility is documented walks in the National Parks? Is there a Spanish equivalence to an Ordance Survey Maps? Do they have a system of footpaths across owners' land? The walks in the Algarve tend to be on tracks rather than across land or fields - how does it work in Spain?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!
On the link above, type in the search words "sierra de aracena" and please tell us if it has any good walking routes.
Carol
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol,

What a clever little bunny you are! Followed your suggestion and came up with a list which contained lots of referances to HIKING. Clicked th first one and low and behold a page titled SPORT/HIKING.

You can then go anywhere in Spain on the map and find trails. GR 41 appears to be the main one in Huelva Province.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!
On the link above, type in the search words "sierra de aracena" and please tell us if it has any good walking routes.
Carol

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Sep 27th 2006 at 4:44 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Carol's,

The Green Routes site now seems to be

http://www.ffe.es/viasverdes/index.html

but sadly for me it is now in Spanish so more difficult to follow.

Regards,

John.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol's,

The Green Routes site now seems to be

http://www.ffe.es/viasverdes/index.html

but sadly for me it is now in Spanish so more difficult to follow.

Regards,

John.
John, at the top of the page click on (other langujes) there you will find it in English.

Pete Tinks
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Tammy,

I think the problem is that your question is impossible to answer. Whether Costa Calida is a better place to live than Costa de la Luz is purely a matter of personal preference. I'd say no, but we have friends with an apartment in Mojacar that would disagree with me entirely. Until you live somewhere you'll never know.

There was a page on the previous thread that had some information on schools. Click this link- http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...page=219&pp=15

As for your husband's trade, I imagine job prospects would depend on many things, not least of which how much Spanish he can speak. Remember the Costa de la Luz is not like the Costa del Sol where English is spoken more widely.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Chris

Back from La Manga
Very nice
This time of year very English
Winter very Norwegian/English
Five days to meet a spanish person
More dark beer than light
More Danish bacon than Serrano
Golf fantastic same as Ryder cup
Very Very Expensive

Just like Birmingham

I can't wait for Esuri to be the biggest development in Espana

20 yrs or so! bring it on Viva Europa
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why Spanishliferules you old cynic you!

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
Back from La Manga
Very nice
Very Very Expensive

Just like Birmingham

Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
Back from La Manga
Very nice
Very Very Expensive

Just like Birmingham

So good to have you back.

La Manga like Birmingham, that's an interesting concept, which part exactly? Selly Oak? Castle Vale? Handsworth?

No, actually you could be on to something, The Handsworth Hyatt has a ring to it, rhymes with riot. There could be The Steel Pulse Suite or Ranking Roger Room. You're a genius. Trouble is not too sure about the golf courses, I played The Forest of Arden recently but that's more Coventry really. Oh well we'll work on it.

As for the Ryder Cup - Sergio, Jose-Maria, Luke and Lee in the same winning team, just goes to show an Anglo/Spanish alliance is possible.

Cheers!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
The other possibility is documented walks in the National Parks? Is there a Spanish equivalence to an Ordance Survey Maps? Do they have a system of footpaths across owners' land? The walks in the Algarve tend to be on tracks rather than across land or fields - how does it work in Spain?
Hi Carol Elizabeth,

I found this page with info on walks in Donana National Park.

http://www.sol.com/en/modulo.asp?IdP...Contenido=1057

Regards
Chris
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:21 am
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Ragomuffin]
Originally Posted by CSR
It is shame you have had a bad experience. Everyone I have met out there have been very friendly and kind and most people stop for a chat....they probably feel sorry for me and say 'there is that poor women again jogging around the development...she is soooooo unfit!!!! Let us stop for a chat so she can get her breath back and stop being purple!!!!'
Hi CSR,

We saw a couple of ladies and a guy jogging several times in the evenings from our terrace. You almost motivated me to have a go myself, but we cracked open another bottle of Rioja instead

Regards
Chris
Chris you are my sort of jogger,good on you the rioja wins everytime.
Gary
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
With regards to credit card transactions I would just like to warn you about what happened to me in August. It was the bank holiday in Spain and the only supermarket I could find open was the El Jamon in Islantilla (the one at the commercial centre - its always open when others are not), I have used this one lots in the past and never had a problem paying by credit card. However this particular day I went to pay by card, the girl put the card in the machine and asked me to enter my PIN, I did and after a wait I was told it had been rejected "Invalid". This puzzled me but I needed the shopping so tried another card - Same thing. I then tried my cash card and guess what - same thing. This was very embarrassing as a large queue was forming. I had no choice but to leave the shopping at the till go to the cash machine return and pay cash (luckily there is a machine inside the shop). I thought nothing more about this until I returned home to find that all three cards had charged me for the transaction. I am now trying to get the money (about £45 each transaction) back which is proving difficult as I have nothing to prove the transactions where rejected and (silly me) I did not keep the receipt for the cash transaction.
So the moral of this story is, if you get a card turned down ask for a receipt stating this and keep all evidence of how you paid!
Sorry long story I know, but hope forewarned is forearmed
Val
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:30 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi all,
With regards to credit card transactions I would just like to warn you about what happened to me in August. It was the bank holiday in Spain and the only supermarket I could find open was the El Jamon in Islantilla (the one at the commercial centre - its always open when others are not), I have used this one lots in the past and never had a problem paying by credit card. However this particular day I went to pay by card, the girl put the card in the machine and asked me to enter my PIN, I did and after a wait I was told it had been rejected "Invalid". This puzzled me but I needed the shopping so tried another card - Same thing. I then tried my cash card and guess what - same thing. This was very embarrassing as a large queue was forming. I had no choice but to leave the shopping at the till go to the cash machine return and pay cash (luckily there is a machine inside the shop). I thought nothing more about this until I returned home to find that all three cards had charged me for the transaction. I am now trying to get the money (about £45 each transaction) back which is proving difficult as I have nothing to prove the transactions where rejected and (silly me) I did not keep the receipt for the cash transaction.
So the moral of this story is, if you get a card turned down ask for a receipt stating this and keep all evidence of how you paid!
Sorry long story I know, but hope forewarned is forearmed
Val
Val, that is apalling! Did your bank(s) give an explanation/justification for charging you for the transaction? If you have sufficient funds in the account I can hardly see that it is in any way your fault.

Presumably most people on this forum own a property in Spain, and therefore presumably have a Spanish bank account too. Why don't you ask for a debit/credit card from your Spanish bank and use that instead (make sure you transfer funds to the account before you leave the UK). At least then you know for sure that the card will not be rejected at the tills and avoid being made to feel like a criminal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.