Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:36 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ok so this is what has happened to the electric round here!

Fadesa`s contract with Endesa ran out in December 2006, but they have only just got round to taking the meters out. So anyone that has not signed up for their electric will now not have a meter and so no electric!! You all need to check that you have a contract with Endesa, so anyone who thinks they have but hasnt had a bill or any money taken out of their account will not have electric now.

But the best thing is, wait for it - Aea have also been cut off All the streets and pool areas were pitch black last night and it turns out the community were on Fadesa`s electric and not with Endesa I just cannot believe that Aea did not apply to Endesa for the community electric. Well I suppose I can, because they are so incompetant anyway
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by sam parky

Fadesa`s contract with Endesa ran out in December 2006, but they have only just got round to taking the meters out. So anyone that has not signed up for their electric will now not have a meter and so no electric!! You all need to check that you have a contract with Endesa, so anyone who thinks they have but hasnt had a bill or any money taken out of their account will not have electric now.

But the best thing is, wait for it - Aea have also been cut off All the streets and pool areas were pitch black last night and it turns out the community were on Fadesa`s electric and not with Endesa I just cannot believe that Aea did not apply to Endesa for the community electric. Well I suppose I can, because they are so incompetant anyway
Hi Sam,

I can see right on all sides here, but not much common sense!

If Fadesa had contracted for a builders supply to whole areas of the site then when that period is up Endesa are right to terminate the supply, giving 7 months grace is more than generous since somebody has had free electric for at least 12 months.

At the shed last week Paula told me that legal electricity was being rolled out progressively across the whole site and was already available to all the areas starting at the entrance R/about but not yet R.6 which is where my plot is. However the townhouses behind (north of) us and the apartments east of us are soon to be handed over so we being in the middle of you and them will have electricity available soon. Legal water is available everywhere on site.

The lack of common sense is that Endesa could have leafleted all the illegal meters and this would have provoked a rapid response from the owners as news got out.

One other thought springs to mind and that is the ceasing of the contract between Fadesa and Endesa must have happened about the time of the takeover of Fadesa. The lack of trees on RAGO 1 might be symptomatic of a harder financial regime being imposed by the new owners.

Regards,

John.

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jul 9th 2007 at 8:59 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:01 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

So do I need to bring a torch with me next week or will the lights be back on by then do you think?

Sharon
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by tednsharon
So do I need to bring a torch with me next week or will the lights be back on by then do you think?

Sharon
Sharon,

You have electric in your house, they havent taken your meter. But the street was pitch black and frightening last night. On bringing a torch, well that all depends on how quick Aea or Ada whatever they are called contact Endesa and then Endesa getting up here
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon,

You have electric in your house, they havent taken your meter. But the street was pitch black and frightening last night. On bringing a torch, well that all depends on how quick Aea or Ada whatever they are called contact Endesa and then Endesa getting up here
Might be a long wait if there is no paperwork done yet, and you can bet your life they will want to check the installation.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Might be a long wait if there is no paperwork done yet, and you can bet your life they will want to check the installation.
I am not holding my breath
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am not holding my breath
What I was thinking was if it was run off a builders supply they dont check anything apart from the initial hookup.
Now it is a complete system not just one box, and they will want to see certificates from the electricians for the installations etc now before they connect it up.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Sharon,

Hi Sam

As you said in a previous post, believable unbelieability! But are we surprised?

You mentioned that all the pool areas were also dark. I assume this included our Manzana (4) even though we have changed Administrators? Presumably the new team were in the dark about this when taking over from ADA/AEA. Since I do not suppose they told them. (Opps apologies about the 'in the dark bit', now I've reread it.)

Good job its summer with the light evenings.

Steve S
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by jdr
What I was thinking was if it was run off a builders supply they dont check anything apart from the initial hookup.
Now it is a complete system not just one box, and they will want to see certificates from the electricians for the installations etc now before they connect it up.
Its a good job it is light till 10 ish and glad it didnt happen in winter
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
....but presumably this will not apply to all those areas/houses which have signed up and been paying their bills? In which case, won't the majority of the network be deemed to be okay?

(Albeit not a lot of common sense applied on the question so far.)

Steve
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Hmmm, I am begining to be less distressed that our completion is not until Sept/Oct. Perhaps they may have sorted out some or all of these problems before we get there (Crossed fingers).

I am printing off some of these new "bugs" for adding to our check list with our Abogado.

What have we now:

Aircon ducting working with no leaks.
Snagging.
Proper electricity not a builders gennie.
Any further on rules for satellite dishes etc?
Maintenance and the AEA.
Public area lighting, and the power on to the pools (if it is off the filters are also not working I assume).
Landscaping of the Rago 1 public areas and the car parks.
The residents association meeting with AEA - if that is the right phrase.

have I forgotten any major ones?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
....but presumably this will not apply to all those areas/houses which have signed up and been paying their bills? In which case, won't the majority of the network be deemed to be okay?

(Albeit not a lot of common sense applied on the question so far.)

Steve
As long as they have been certified by the installing electricians it should be no problem, but the Spanish do like their paperwork.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:54 am
Just Joined

IanandChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to one and all, I have been lurking for some time and have been very interested in the postings on this thread. Some great info and pictures and some very helpful advice. Although I don't have a direct interest in Costa Esuri some very close friends of ours have just completed on Rago1 (bloque 7). We all visited last year and stayed at RIU Atlantico - ( I put on 2 pounds in a week!).
What I would like to know is this... We are visiting again in September and wondered if anyone has driven all the way down from the UK as we will be taking an extended holiday travelling through France and Spain to Costa Esuri.
Any recommendations as to routes/stopping points would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi
We have driven down twice now. Our route was Dover - Calais ferry then route via Alencon, Tours, Bordeaux our first night stayed at St George De Mamme (very near Biarritz).

Next day Bilbao, Burgos, Vallodolid, stayed at Hotel Regio St Marta de Tomas near Salamanca for 2nd night.

Next day via Merida, Seville and on to CE.

All roads very good. You could do it quicker in a car especially sharing the driving, we were in our motorhome which only Dave can drive as I havent got my LGV licence.

Total miles 1400 from Calais

Good Luck

Lynn & Dave
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:12 am
Just Joined

IanandChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi
We have driven down twice now. Our route was Dover - Calais ferry then route via Alencon, Tours, Bordeaux our first night stayed at St George De Mamme (very near Biarritz).

Next day Bilbao, Burgos, Vallodolid, stayed at Hotel Regio St Marta de Tomas near Salamanca for 2nd night.

Next day via Merida, Seville and on to CE.

All roads very good. You could do it quicker in a car especially sharing the driving, we were in our motorhome which only Dave can drive as I havent got my LGV licence.

Total miles 1400 from Calais

Good Luck

Lynn & Dave
Lynn, thanks for that. As we will be driving south from Boulogne this route looks good .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.