Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,

The match is over for tonight time for bed to conserve energy for the big one tomorrow. Yes it is amazing how the area was criss crossed with named roads before we came along. They do eventually lead all the way out to Villa Blanca and I know someone who has come into the site that way in a 4x4. They were all Public roads so Fadesa could never ban us from accessing the site only those areas they were building from scratch although there were only a handful of farms scattered along many miles of track.

My steam powered PC will not run the full Google Earth so until this cut down version Map.Google came along I used to have to borrow youngest sons speed machine and you would not believe how good that is.

You can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel you can pan and tilt so that the lamp columns stand up against the pavement and you can fly a route to test it out, as I did to see if we could cycle into town down past the fish farm and under the motorway out past the Parador and along the new promenade. We can't!

I just hope that they keep all the old road names and add appropriate new ones for their links with the private areas having the CE prefix.

For $20 you can upgrade Google Earth to get better faster clearer definition so I don't think nude sunbathing on the rooftop solarium should be undertaken without forethought.

Regards,

John.
Hi John,
How regularly do Google put new images on?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!

Jean&john, you mentioned 131 villas, or plots? Are there 131 rectangular boxes beside the pueblo andaluz on John's map? I can count around 50 only before I become cross-eyed. I thought each box represented a single villa plot?

From your photos, #1 especially, it would appear that the roofs of the villas under construction are flat (terraces)? Photo #3 also appears to have a road in between the two rows of villas? Perhaps there will be a private road into this section of villas? I'm guessing only.

Is the 18th hole in front of the large car park area? [Swoosh! Crash! Ooyah!]

Hasta luego,
Carol
From the information on the sales office it says there are 131 units, but we didn't count them. The buildings are a villa type with pitched roofs and yes there appears to be a road between the two rows of villas. Re the golf course on the second picture - this has been taken from where the club house is being built and appears from the site map to be the driving range. However it seems a very long way to the green bit you can see which is the golf course.

John
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Olivia,

I don't think Google "do" any imaging themselves, they take from publicly available satellite images and aerial photo's made for other purposes ie. Spanish national mapping.

When Google earth started about 10 months ago only a small area of the site was photo'd at a good quality and it could not be read at high magnification. Then 3-4 months ago it appeared at this almost top whack resolution (one off the top). The photos are about 8 months old because you can see that the access bridge has not been tarmacked which happened around last November

My house at home is at the top and you can almost read the number plates of the cars parked on the drive.

If you were George W. NSA, CIA and army Intel would overfly today and re-position satellites to do it today if you commanded (and they can read text on newspapers) but your not so we will have to wait for some other event to require up dating of the images.

Or if Fadesa were switched on savvy they would have regular overflight photos taken every couple of months and partner with google to update on a regular basis so that your worldwide impact would be huge! But they are not .

If you want to see what a google partner gets have a look at Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe and see if you can spot Peter Crouch!

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by olivia
Hi John,
How regularly do Google put new images on?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jean&john,

I have attached the Building Guide Lines included by Fadesa in my Private Contract in Spanish and which I translated. They give a general max enclosed built area of 182 sq m, only a few sites were allowed to go above that no matter how big the plot.

There are no atheistic requirements so you can build what you like as regards style. There are supposed to be 600 individual plots and the overall density of the complete site was supposed to be no more than 15% built, as demanded by National and Regional Government

I have recently seen Spanish Algarve Properties advertise two separate gated developments of gated villa developments perhaps that is what this is.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by jean&john
From the information on the sales office it says there are 131 units, but we didn't count them. The buildings are a villa type with pitched roofs and yes there appears to be a road between the two rows of villas. Re the golf course on the second picture - this has been taken from where the club house is being built and appears from the site map to be the driving range. However it seems a very long way to the green bit you can see which is the golf course.

John
Attached Files
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola y buenos dias a todos,

Jean&john, thanks for the explanation. The driving range photo (#2), I think, shows a grid pattern of the land, which I'm guessing is all part of the infrastructure (pipes etc.)? I'm still confused as to the plan of the golf course (sorry!), especially when the map points to the clubhouse near the car park? Where does one tee off? And where is the 18th hole? (Maybe I'm the only one who can't read maps! )

I still enjoy the photos (the river is amazing). I hope your view isn't disturbed too much by the new buildings.

Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

...I have recently seen Spanish Algarve Properties advertise two separate gated developments of gated villa developments perhaps that is what this is...
Hola John&Kath,
These new villas from jean&john's photos do appear similar in syle, so perhaps they have been bought by a separate developer (ie. not Fadesa)? I thought another gated villa development was further north near the 5 star hotel? Sorry, can't remember the site or the developer at this moment.

This is all very interesting, and I'm surprised at how much development is going on at Costa Esuri. It'll be confusing with the different names for the various new areas within "Esuri". I can imagine that soon the different C.E. (Fadesa built) areas will have their own web sites or threads, similar to eye on isla canela's. Hey, this feels a bit like the "empty nest" stage of life!

Re: eye on isla canela. It makes for good reading when they discuss the different apartment meetings, pool rules and regulations (don't worry, I'm not mentioning the dreaded H&S!), and other things (from which I can learn).

Hasta luego,
Carol
Old Jun 10th 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Technology quite easy once you have done it once. I have so got into this stuff I have started building up my own blog. It has been fun recording our plans and uploading pictures and creating links to interesting websites.

We are going to be around week commencing 17th June-will take lots of photos. We are still right at the beginning of this journey -struggling to get our heads around everything. Hoping to meet some of you - especially Rago apartment owners. Just so we can be nosey as it is so difficult to actually get onsite and see your own property. Is there a bar in Ayamonte that fellow CEs meet at? Or a particular restaurant? Actually staying in Vilamoura - we are using our timeshare as a base - bit of a trek but never mind. Hope to meet up with some of you on our day trips across.
Carol
Hi Carol, we will be around from 18 June (Sat) hopefully staying for the first time in our Block 4 apartment (corner one Portal 1) Would love to meet if you are around. Regards Jan
Old Jun 10th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by B&P
I know it's been mentioned in the past, but can't locate the answers : does anyone have details on taxi companies or independent drivers that will collect from faro airport [around 9pm] and return to faro airport [around 6pm]? Also, to and from Costa Esuri / Isla Cristina to the car hire company - carjet/all inclusive?

The reason we're looking into this is it's hugely cheaper to hire a car in Spain for 50 days than Portugal, plus it includes all excesses and extra drivers.

Would appreciate any other ideas you may have.

Bruce
Hi Bruce - have you sorted your accommodation now? We have a house in Portugal and have a manager who provides a taxi service for us too and from Faro Airport. If you are still interested send me a pm and I will see whether he could do this for you (he lives in Manta Rota which is only about 15 minutes from CE)
Regards Jan
Old Jun 10th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi, can anyone who has connected services in Rago 2 aparatemnts tell me how they did it? I was led to believe that ouyr solicitor did this on our behalf but now find that we have to pay (yet again) them and the utility companies. We need to get this sorted by next week so there is now some urgency.
Regard
Jan
Old Jun 10th 2006, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hi, can anyone who has connected services in Rago 2 aparatemnts tell me how they did it? I was led to believe that ouyr solicitor did this on our behalf but now find that we have to pay (yet again) them and the utility companies. We need to get this sorted by next week so there is now some urgency.
Regard
Jan
Hi Rob & Jan,

We did our utility connections through Conforta. Unfortunately there is a connection charge for each utility and this is deducted straight out of your Spanish bank account upon connection. The charges vary for each company. Following connection I think you pay a 2 monthly standing charge plus usage, again these charges go straight out of your bank account.

Jean
Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jean&john
Hi Rob & Jan,

We did our utility connections through Conforta. Unfortunately there is a connection charge for each utility and this is deducted straight out of your Spanish bank account upon connection. The charges vary for each company. Following connection I think you pay a 2 monthly standing charge plus usage, again these charges go straight out of your bank account.

Jean
Hi Jean, thanks for that. Did they connect you quite quickly. We are hoping to have this done by next Saturday - is that optimistic??
Jan
Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

"Hi, can anyone who has connected services in Rago 2 aparatemnts tell me how they did it? I was led to believe that ouyr solicitor did this on our behalf but now find that we have to pay (yet again) them and the utility companies. We need to get this sorted by next week so there is now some urgency.
Regard
Jan"

Do solicitors and utility companies work for free in UK then

"Hi Jean, thanks for that. Did they connect you quite quickly. We are hoping to have this done by next Saturday - is that optimistic??
Jan"

Very optimistic in Spain
Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola John&Kath,
Yippee! That was great fun! Muchas gracias!
I spent so much time looking at the pueblo andaluz, I forgot to search for the fishfarm!
But, seeing how there is a tributary (name?), I followed it down to the river. I keep forgetting how much distance there is between the shed/motorway and the pueblo andaluz. The google map had names for the main streets, like camino de salinas.
Has anyone travelled along the roads further north up to a place called Santa Clara?
Hasta pronto,
Carol
P.S. Oooh, yes, world cup has started!

Wow what a great site ......... (thanks John + Kath) http://maps.google.co.uk/ doesnt the Pueblo Andalz look great ! Funny how there are places like this is great detail, but I cant find the place I am staying in Cornwall, it hasnt been mapped... in the same detail.

I also for some reason cant get google earth on my PC - but this fills the gap.

It reminds me of a very old and bad joke, unrepeatable in public with the punchline "I can see your house from here".

Good to get 3 points yesterday... but this is not a Brazil beating performance..... I got fed up hearing "We're not good in our opening game" and "we're not good in the 2nd half"........... hardly winning philosophies for the highest fotball trophy in the world! But.... I still think we have a chance, this time, to get to the final.

Great to be in an English pub watching the matches, nothing better outside of being there!

Err this is a CE-site - not football... so to bring this back on subject (sort of) .... (sorry got carried away - I have come to England to watch the matches, so got a bit carried away here!)

Even after all is done in CE (hopefuly BEFORE the next world cup) - I think I'll be back in blighty for the games! Even if CE becomes a 'little England', like Palma or the Costa del Sol, theres no place like home to watch the footy!

Come on England!!!!

Rgs
Jon
Old Jun 10th 2006, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Jon-Bxl,

Your PC must be like mine steam powered, I keep getting a message that my graphics card is not fast enough to run Google Earth so I have got the software loaded but it can't and won't download the images.

However when you see it on a F1 gamers machine like my sons you are truly amazed.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I also for some reason cant get google earth on my PC - but this fills the gap.
Jon
Old Jun 10th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Olivia,

If you want to see what a google partner gets have a look at Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe and see if you can spot Peter Crouch!

Regards,

John.
I think Peter Crouch, along with The Great Wall of China are the two things that can be seen from space. It's a pity some of his team mates can't spot him from 30 yards away!!

Great result for T&T against the Swedes and I thought the Ivorians were really unlucky not to get something against the Argies. Just goes to prove that old cliche - There are no easy games at this level.

Drogba and Crespo both on target in the same match - they rarely do that for the blues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.