Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:21 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hello all

Thanks John for the utilities info. Another ? re utilities.

I understand that with the Licence of 1st Occupation you can arrange to have GAS connection and will therefore have hot water. Also we are pleased to receive ( free of charge I have been told ) water and Elec from Fadesa but I don't understand why we cannot connect up to the utility supplier ?? Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but I don't see why it works that way. Are there problems here that I (we ? ) are unaware of and that is why we cannot arrange these connections ?

Also does anybody know if the M2 pool is open yet as it seems that a fair few of us have completed or are in the process of doing so.

We arranged INS on the day we completed but I have been told since that Fadesa give 6 months free Bldgs & Contents ins ( not sure so please check )so just check B4 you make arrangements as if this it is the case you will save on your premiums.

Mel and John
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jean&john,

Are you on Pueblo Andaluz? Are the 131 villa's between your house and Golf I fronting onto the fairway?

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by jean&john
Hi Kim,

Building has started on 131 villas which are situated between us and the very large car park at the entrance to the complex; they appear to be going down to the golf course.

Will give you a further update when we get back.

Jean
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel & John,

My understanding of the Law is that you must have the Licence of first Occupation before Water, Electricity and Gas will accept an application to connect you to the mains service (there is also another certificate for the electrical circuits within the house that should be issued by the electrician who does the wiring but I guess that Fadesa would issue this one)

At this point in time it seems that Fadesa have completed the site infrastructure and the house infrastructure but there is a problem in connecting that to the main water supply from off-site. As a temporary arrangement Fadesa who have a builders supply from the Fish Farm are connecting each released area to this supply and therefore the water is free. This is because it is not absolutely correct to do it this way.

I think it is best to think of the supply of each utility in four parts

1. The product - Water, Sewage, Gas, Electricity and Telephone (ADSL Broadband), these are now de-regulated so you can choose your supplier for each one to give the best economy.

2. The off-site infrastructure such as the reservoirs, sewage treatment plant, gas works, pylons and telephone exchange. For a developments big as CE all of these would need to be upgraded and if this has not been completed by the supplier than there will be delays in getting full supplies.

3. The site infrastructure which will be the cables and pipes under the road.

4. The cables and pipes within each dwelling.

If a property is fit for handover I think it is safe to assume that items 1 and 4 are OK so the problem must lie with 2 and 3. As each development section is finished ie. RMA1, RVA4 or in my case R6 item 3 should be finished so that leaves item 2 as a problem area but of course if a more remote area such as RVA1 or RAGO1 were to be completed it could be that there were some bits in the middle not yet ready (such as RAGO3) which might hold things up.

It really is for Fadesa to have programmed all of these things to come together at the right time for each section to be handed over on time and I don't think they have got a grip on this at all.

This means that they ask buyers to act outside the rules by accepting handover without the proper certificates or the ability to receive the services that ought to be available on handover.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Thanks John for the utilities info. Another ? re utilities.

I understand that with the Licence of 1st Occupation you can arrange to have GAS connection and will therefore have hot water. Also we are pleased to receive ( free of charge I have been told ) water and Elec from Fadesa but I don't understand why we cannot connect up to the utility supplier ?? Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but I don't see why it works that way. Are there problems here that I (we ? ) are unaware of and that is why we cannot arrange these connections ?

Also does anybody know if the M2 pool is open yet as it seems that a fair few of us have completed or are in the process of doing so.

We arranged INS on the day we completed but I have been told since that Fadesa give 6 months free Bldgs & Contents ins ( not sure so please check )so just check B4 you make arrangements as if this it is the case you will save on your premiums.

Mel and John
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi jean&john,

Are you on Pueblo Andaluz? Are the 131 villa's between your house and Golf I fronting onto the fairway?

Regards,

John.
Yes John, we are on Pueblo Andaluz - Manzana 7. I must admit that we found it very difficult to understand the site plan in the window of the sales office. I even thought it was a plan of a site they had done somewhere else until John pointed out that it showed the river.

Our apartment looks down over the golf course towards the river and beyond. The building was taking place to the left of us going down the hill towards the river. These are large villas, some going up to 3 storey height, so if they take them fronting onto the golf course 1 (which we think is probable) turning right along the golf course towards the townhouses it will probably block out our beautiful view.

We were originally told that these were individual plots and that the practice ground, driving range and Club House were in that area. John thought they may have been preparing the gound to lay land drains for the practice area/driving range but when we considered the distance between where they say the club house will be and the fairways that have been prepared it is going to be one hell of a trek, so maybe this ground is being prepared for the 1st and 18th holes. If this is the case these villas will run alongside one of these fairways.

Jean
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi jean&john,

The attachment is an original site layout plan. The driving range is shown just in front of the Golf I car park but it may have moved now to the other side of the four star hotel.

The small rectangles that front onto the courses are all the individual villa plots which totally surround Pueblo Andaluz on the Golf I side. There are 600 plots in total on the whole development.

The clubhouse which will be on Golf I has been in and out of the four star hotel a number of times but I think the last word was that it would be separate from the hotel alongside the driving range which may or may not be as shown.

The commercial sites are shown in a pale blue colour and there are seven in total including the major one opposite the Golf I car park.

We are out between the 17th and the 24th June so we might bump into one another mooching round the site.

Regards,

John.
Yes John, we are on Pueblo Andaluz - Manzana 7. I must admit that we found it very difficult to understand the site plan in the window of the sales office. I even thought it was a plan of a site they had done somewhere else until John pointed out that it showed the river.

Our apartment looks down over the golf course towards the river and beyond. The building was taking place to the left of us going down the hill towards the river. These are large villas, some going up to 3 storey height, so if they take them fronting onto the golf course 1 (which we think is probable) turning right along the golf course towards the townhouses it will probably block out our beautiful view.

We were originally told that these were individual plots and that the practice ground, driving range and Club House were in that area. John thought they may have been preparing the gound to lay land drains for the practice area/driving range but when we considered the distance between where they say the club house will be and the fairways that have been prepared it is going to be one hell of a trek, so maybe this ground is being prepared for the 1st and 18th holes. If this is the case these villas will run alongside one of these fairways.

Jean
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-costa-esuri-sitemap4.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Paul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant future

Hi All

A few weeks back somebody recommended a restaurant in Portugal on the N125. Have tried ploughing through the pages for the info but can't find it so will you please give us the name and directions again please. We are going out next week and would like to give it a try.

If anybody is staying in the Pueblo Andaluz between the 14th & 23rd June and would like to meet up give us a call.

Jean & John
There are at least 3 in Altura which are good. I would guess it was "O Infante" as the other 2 are in Altura. Here's a few details from a web site. You should book if you want Sunday lunch. To get there come off at the Monte Gordo exit and go towards Altura. At T junction, O Infante dead ahead. Turn right for Altura. Go to first r'bout, turn left and after a km "A Chimine" is on left before first r'bout and Fernando's is just up road exiting right from r'bout.

A Chaminé
The fame of this restaurant can be reflected in the number of Spanish visitors that are to be found here eating. A traditional cuisine with good table service. Accepts Credit Cards and closed on Tuesdays.
Avenida do Hotel - Sítio da Alagoa - Altura
281 950 100

Fernando
A traditional restaurant of this area with a local cuisine and especially fresh fish. Accepts Credit Cards and closed on Monday
Rua do Alagoa - Altura
281 956 455

O Infante
A "Tasca" style restaurant with a traditional cuisine of the area. Do not accept Credit Cards and closed on Wednesdays.
Estrada EN 125 - Altura
281 956 817

Paul
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paul_C
There are at least 3 in Altura which are good. I would guess it was "O Infante" as the other 2 are in Altura. Here's a few details from a web site. You should book if you want Sunday lunch. To get there come off at the Monte Gordo exit and go towards Altura. At T junction, O Infante dead ahead. Turn right for Altura. Go to first r'bout, turn left and after a km "A Chimine" is on left before first r'bout and Fernando's is just up road exiting right from r'bout.

A Chaminé
The fame of this restaurant can be reflected in the number of Spanish visitors that are to be found here eating. A traditional cuisine with good table service. Accepts Credit Cards and closed on Tuesdays.
Avenida do Hotel - Sítio da Alagoa - Altura
281 950 100

Fernando
A traditional restaurant of this area with a local cuisine and especially fresh fish. Accepts Credit Cards and closed on Monday
Rua do Alagoa - Altura
281 956 455

O Infante
A "Tasca" style restaurant with a traditional cuisine of the area. Do not accept Credit Cards and closed on Wednesdays.
Estrada EN 125 - Altura
281 956 817

Paul
Thanks for that Paul, will give a least one a try.

Jean
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

John,

The 'individual plots' shown on the plan are now housing villas 2 deep between the Pueblo Andaluz and driving range.

On the remaining two sides they are one property deep from the layout of the concrete piles.

Attached are some photos which may make things a little clearer.

Jean & John
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-may-06-002.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-may-06-003.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-may-06-004.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-may-06-005.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!
Who turned off the sunshine today? The "har" has rolled in, and looks like it doesn't want to leave. Does the wind from the Atlantic blow a sea mist along the costa de la luz?

Thanks everyone for the recent information & photos. Getting excited again...

Jean&john, you mentioned 131 villas, or plots? Are there 131 rectangular boxes beside the pueblo andaluz on John's map? I can count around 50 only before I become cross-eyed. I thought each box represented a single villa plot?

From your photos, #1 especially, it would appear that the roofs of the villas under construction are flat (terraces)? Photo #3 also appears to have a road in between the two rows of villas? Perhaps there will be a private road into this section of villas? I'm guessing only.

Is the 18th hole in front of the large car park area? [Swoosh! Crash! Ooyah!]

John&Kath, please remind me if the fishfarm is the space directly to the left of the 4 star hotel on the map? It's confusing when the river is in blue, yet the fishfarm/marina is not.

Hasta luego,
Carol
Old Jun 9th 2006, 6:46 am
Banned

stevepaige is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

I know this site isn't meant for advertising but my website, www.rent-esuri.com, is looking for more people to advertise their properties for rent. Please check it out. It is nothing grand but very specific. When Esuri becomes established people will be looking for it on search engines, we will be right up there.

At the moment, I am getting regular enquiries for July, August, September and October but I am having to turn them away. If you want to maximise your rental potential at minimal cost (one booking will cover 4 or 5 years advertising costs), then please get in touch via the web site's contacts page. We have more potential customers than properties right now so get in early and you should do very well.

There is also a 'for sale' section with a one-off cost (no fees if successful).

Thanks.

Steve
Old Jun 9th 2006, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Carol&John,

No it is not check out this website: -

http://maps.google.co.uk/

Manoeuvre the map until the river bridge is at the centre of the screen then blow it up to about 4 from the top (you might have to keep re - centering). You then click on Hybrid top right and lo you can see the fish farm and it is not anywhere near the hotel site.

Regards,

John.

PS we canactually pick out our plot at the highest magnification.
Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!

John&Kath, please remind me if the fishfarm is the space directly to the left of the 4 star hotel on the map? It's confusing when the river is in blue, yet the fishfarm/marina is not.

Hasta luego,
Carol

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 9th 2006 at 7:02 am.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 7:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevepaige
Hi all.

I know this site isn't meant for advertising but my website, www.rent-esuri.com, is looking for more people to advertise their properties for rent. Please check it out. It is nothing grand but very specific. When Esuri becomes established people will be looking for it on search engines, we will be right up there.

At the moment, I am getting regular enquiries for July, August, September and October but I am having to turn them away. If you want to maximise your rental potential at minimal cost (one booking will cover 4 or 5 years advertising costs), then please get in touch via the web site's contacts page. We have more potential customers than properties right now so get in early and you should do very well.

There is also a 'for sale' section with a one-off cost (no fees if successful).

Thanks.

Steve

Spammers have software to search forums for email addresses to spam
And yes you are right.... its the wrong place to advertise your services
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,

No it is not check out this website: -

http://maps.google.co.uk/
Hola John&Kath,
Yippee! That was great fun! Muchas gracias!
I spent so much time looking at the pueblo andaluz, I forgot to search for the fishfarm!
But, seeing how there is a tributary (name?), I followed it down to the river. I keep forgetting how much distance there is between the shed/motorway and the pueblo andaluz. The google map had names for the main streets, like camino de salinas.
Has anyone travelled along the roads further north up to a place called Santa Clara?
Hasta pronto,
Carol
P.S. Oooh, yes, world cup has started!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Carol&John,

The match is over for tonight time for bed to conserve energy for the big one tomorrow. Yes it is amazing how the area was criss crossed with named roads before we came along. They do eventually lead all the way out to Villa Blanca and I know someone who has come into the site that way in a 4x4. They were all Public roads so Fadesa could never ban us from accessing the site only those areas they were building from scratch although there were only a handful of farms scattered along many miles of track.

My steam powered PC will not run the full Google Earth so until this cut down version Map.Google came along I used to have to borrow youngest sons speed machine and you would not believe how good that is.

You can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel you can pan and tilt so that the lamp columns stand up against the pavement and you can fly a route to test it out, as I did to see if we could cycle into town down past the fish farm and under the motorway out past the Parador and along the new promenade. We can't!

I just hope that they keep all the old road names and add appropriate new ones for their links with the private areas having the CE prefix.

For $20 you can upgrade Google Earth to get better faster clearer definition so I don't think nude sunbathing on the rooftop solarium should be undertaken without forethought.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola John&Kath,
Yippee! That was great fun! Muchas gracias!
I spent so much time looking at the pueblo andaluz, I forgot to search for the fishfarm!
But, seeing how there is a tributary (name?), I followed it down to the river. I keep forgetting how much distance there is between the shed/motorway and the pueblo andaluz. The google map had names for the main streets, like camino de salinas.
Has anyone travelled along the roads further north up to a place called Santa Clara?
Hasta pronto,
Carol
P.S. Oooh, yes, world cup has started!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:01 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Morning John,

Thanks so much for the "utilities" info, yet again you have come to the rescue !

Thanks Mel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.