Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi Tricia & keithwalters,

Thanks for those leads.

Regardrs,

John.
Thanks for the info on Gestors (now i know what they are!) everyone seems to talk about using them; is it advisable to get signed up with one or is it simply down to personal choice?

Regards,

Dean
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Dean,

It used to be compulsory to have a fiscal representative if you were non-resident, this is not now the case you can do it all yourself if you want to.

However the Gestor will know all the quirks of the system and if you want to rent out, as I do, for part of the year and get all due allowances I think I will be best to use one to start with until things settle down as I intend to be tax resident.

Regards,

John.
[QUOTE=Dean]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Tricia & keithwalters,

Thanks for those leads.

Regardrs,

John.

Thanks for the info on Gestors (now i know what they are!) everyone seems to talk about using them; is it advisable to get signed up with one or is it simply down to personal choice?

Regards,

Dean
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:51 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point

not been on for a while. does anyone have any info on completion of rava 4 manzana 6 or any info about how the place is looking

thanks
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi Dean,

It used to be compulsory to have a fiscal representative if you were non-resident, this is not now the case you can do it all yourself if you want to.

However the Gestor will know all the quirks of the system and if you want to rent out, as I do, for part of the year and get all due allowances I think I will be best to use one to start with until things settle down as I intend to be tax resident.

Regards,

John.
John

Thank you, very useful info.

Regards,

Dean
Old Jun 4th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

[QUOTE=Dean]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Tricia & keithwalters,

Thanks for those leads.

Regardrs,

John.

Regards,

Dean
Yes thanks from me too. I have often heard people speak of them but didn't know where they fit into the wider picture.
would a Spanish person ever have need of one? or are they purely working for Ex Pats?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Olivia,

The answer is yes they do, it is a very Spanish institution, gestor is a word with no English translation since the job does not exist outside Spain.

It could be rendered "administrative services" the fundamental role being to take away the burden of bureaucracy by handling things for you, for that reason most Spanish people may make use of them at different times.

They can do many different things for you such as obtaining your NIE, acting as accountant, book-keeper and small business advisor. Many Spaniards routinely use a gestor in all small scale dealings with the state in a way that would be unheard of in English speaking countries.

Regards,

John.
[QUOTE=olivia]
Originally Posted by Dean
Yes thanks from me too. I have often heard people speak of them but didn't know where they fit into the wider picture.
would a Spanish person ever have need of one? or are they purely working for Ex Pats?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:44 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=olivia]
Originally Posted by Dean
Most Spaniards have a gestor. Including those who are not self employed. Spanish beaurocracy is a minefield for everyone, foreigners and Spanish alike.

The English speaking gestors directed at foreigners tend to be more expensive (naturally). Around where I am a self employed person could expect to pay about 100 euros a month for their services.

For exactly the sames services a Spaniard here might pay about 60 euros a month.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:46 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=keithwalters]
Originally Posted by olivia

Most Spaniards have a gestor. Including those who are not self employed. Spanish beaurocracy is a minefield for everyone, foreigners and Spanish alike.

The English speaking gestors directed at foreigners tend to be more expensive (naturally). Around where I am a self employed person could expect to pay about 100 euros a month for their services.

For exactly the sames services a Spaniard here might pay about 60 euros a month.

Just to add to that - if the services you require are limited to sorting out the paperwork for the income on a property I imagine you would pay much less than what I quoted above as there is less involved. Don't have any prices to hand though.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

[QUOTE=keithwalters]
Originally Posted by keithwalters

Just to add to that - if the services you require are limited to sorting out the paperwork for the income on a property I imagine you would pay much less than what I quoted above as there is less involved. Don't have any prices to hand though.
Thanks John & Kieth,
I have found your posts most interesting.
Olivia
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Phil & Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
not been on for a while. does anyone have any info on completion of rava 4 manzana 6 or any info about how the place is looking

thanks
Hi Paula, latest info from Fadesa in Ayamonte is end of July- but dont hold your breath! We are going over this Wednesday for eight days and have an appointment to view Manzana 6 on the 8th. Will take plenty of snaps but may need a little help with the P.C. bit !
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Phil & Sheila
Hi Paula, latest info from Fadesa in Ayamonte is end of July- but dont hold your breath! We are going over this Wednesday for eight days and have an appointment to view Manzana 6 on the 8th. Will take plenty of snaps but may need a little help with the P.C. bit !
Technology quite easy once you have done it once. I have so got into this stuff I have started building up my own blog. It has been fun recording our plans and uploading pictures and creating links to interesting websites.

We are going to be around week commencing 17th June-will take lots of photos. We are still right at the beginning of this journey -struggling to get our heads around everything. Hoping to meet some of you - especially Rago apartment owners. Just so we can be nosey as it is so difficult to actually get onsite and see your own property. Is there a bar in Ayamonte that fellow CEs meet at? Or a particular restaurant? Actually staying in Vilamoura - we are using our timeshare as a base - bit of a trek but never mind. Hope to meet up with some of you on our day trips across.
Carol
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:59 am
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Technology quite easy once you have done it once. I have so got into this stuff I have started building up my own blog. It has been fun recording our plans and uploading pictures and creating links to interesting websites.

We are going to be around week commencing 17th June-will take lots of photos. We are still right at the beginning of this journey -struggling to get our heads around everything. Hoping to meet some of you - especially Rago apartment owners. Just so we can be nosey as it is so difficult to actually get onsite and see your own property. Is there a bar in Ayamonte that fellow CEs meet at? Or a particular restaurant? Actually staying in Vilamoura - we are using our timeshare as a base - bit of a trek but never mind. Hope to meet up with some of you on our day trips across.
Carol
Forgive my ignorance about blogs - I´m not really sure what this is. Is it something that we can all see or is it private? It sounds useful if it has photos and links to other sites.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive my ignorance about blogs - I´m not really sure what this is. Is it something that we can all see or is it private? It sounds useful if it has photos and links to other sites.
Hola y buenos dias a todos,
Hi Keith, I'm a bit like you about blogs, but I think a description/definition would be an on-line diary? BobD has a personal blog about his apartment with great photos, and I think you might be able to find the address by clicking on his name. Also, I have seen some blogs on other websites, for example, on expatica's, which I enjoy reading (about everyday life in Spain).
Lastly, there's a blog on Costa Esuri, too (created and/or sponsored by an estate agent?): www.costaesuri.blogspot.com/ This also has a photo diary, and perhaps some links, not sure (need to look at it again).
I think you can create your own blog, or go via a site for help. I'll be looking forward to seeing your "suicidal sushi lovers" blog a.s.a.p.
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=olivia]
Thanks John & Kieth,
I have found your posts most interesting.
Olivia
Hi again,
I agree with Olivia, good information, thank you.

I have a copy, 3rd edition (2003), of David Hampshire's book about living in Spain, which I thumb through regularly. However, I'm wondering if 2003 facts are now obsolete...Anyway, the section on Finance, and Income Tax for Property Owners in particular, is easy to read. It provides, among many things, the spanish translation for the various tax forms (lots of them!), legal terms, and gestor's services. It states (page 337), "unless your tax affairs are simple, it's advisable to employ an accountant or tax adviser (asesor fiscal)..." This service is common in USA as it is in Spain. There are tax assessors for foreigners called "asesores de extranjero", especially for non-residents. It mention fees (35 to 60 euros depending on your status), but these will have changed somewhat in the years. It advises to have your tax return stamped as proof of payment by your advisor (like you would with your UK car tax, MOT, etc...)

It is worth knowing that filling in the tax forms in Spain can differ when the property is in both names, or if you own more than one property. There is also the declaration of income from short-term rentals (Impuestos Sobre la Renta de las Personas Fisicas y Sobre Sociedades: form 210), and registering your rental property with the tourist authority (would that be Huelva or Ayamonte?)

This is why I think it is worth the fee to hire the services of a gestor.

Hasta luego mis esurianos,
Carol
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:52 pm
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Isla Canela Tours +34 959 479561
they advertise Airport transfers between Faro and the Local area.
Gary

]I know it's been mentioned in the past, but can't locate the answers : does anyone have details on taxi companies or independent drivers that will collect from faro airport [around 9pm] and return to faro airport [around 6pm]? Also, to and from Costa Esuri / Isla Cristina to the car hire company - carjet/all inclusive?

The reason we're looking into this is it's hugely cheaper to hire a car in Spain for 50 days than Portugal, plus it includes all excesses and extra drivers.

Would appreciate any other ideas you may have.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.