Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Good Day All

Found this site recently and have found it all every interesting. Am now struggling to understand how to 'post' - I think that is the jargon.

We have bought a townhouse on Manzana 4. Does anyone have any better information on a likely completion date beyond the rather vague 'we might know something by end May' (already missed) latest offering from Fadesa?

Steve
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sue,

Do they realise how awful the mosquito problem is going to be so low down and on top of the two lakes and the river?

Regards,

John.

Hi John

been here two days now and not a bite between four of us so far. Plenty mozzies visible. Maybe its all the Marmite you advised us to consume before coming out!! The pool at Block 6 is terrific. Block 10 has a broken filter pump. Some fitter ran it dry. " Cant get better than a flamenco fitter" They are working on it now.

regards......Graham G
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi John

been here two days now and not a bite between four of us so far. Plenty mozzies visible...
Hola Graham G,
John must be taking his siesta...
What? Two days already and no photos? You do like to make us suffer (only kidding). Any news on the hotel/golf/commercial centre? How are the gardens coming along?
It's a beautiful 24 degrees - with sunshine - here!
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola Graham G,
John must be taking his siesta...
What? Two days already and no photos? You do like to make us suffer (only kidding). Any news on the hotel/golf/commercial centre? How are the gardens coming along?
It's a beautiful 24 degrees - with sunshine - here!
Regards,
Carol
Yeah but we measure our temps in the shade
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

At last we should be completing on our town house on Manzana 1 this Thursday!! Solicitor advised all ready to go for that day now.....put the flags out.

we are over there end of next week for holiday for 2 weeks but also for first week to put up curtains, beds, etc etc.
A quick question for those who have done this already (probably the Rago people) What fixings did you use to put up curtain pools etc with the walls they have, ie length of screw and type of raw plug. Any help would be really appreciated please........any can we have a dip in your pool???? dont think ours will be ready yet.

cheers

Mike & Di
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mike & Di!

jdr, you must love the frying pan heat! I heard the temperatures were soaring into the 40s in Galicia!

Maybe the mozzies will stay near the water if the heat continues?

Buenas noches!
Carol
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Good Day All

Found this site recently and have found it all every interesting. Am now struggling to understand how to 'post' - I think that is the jargon.

We have bought a townhouse on Manzana 4. Does anyone have any better information on a likely completion date beyond the rather vague 'we might know something by end May' (already missed) latest offering from Fadesa?

Steve
Hola Steve and Pat,
M4 is well behind schedule, it's a case of wait and see, do not book any flights and wait for Fadesa to get in touch- merry xmas-200?
Joking apart, completion has been knocked back, on this site, time after time, Fadesa just don't contact you, realistically we were hoping for July but are not holding our breath. We are going out there next week, using flights booked several months ago, and expected to make sure the interior was furnished and ready for occupation, instead, cannot even get access to the property to see what it's like inside, 'health and safety' apparently.
Rather than cancel the flights, decided to use them anyway, booked into local hotel and hopefully watch England do well.
Without making you feel dispondent, all will work out well, I'm sure.
Ned.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Mike and Diane]At last we should be completing on our town house on Manzana 1 this Thursday!!

Hi Mike & Di,
congrats, well worth the wait. We completed 25th of May. Electricity & Water but no Gas (Cold Showers) We are using Bennie to do all our fixing, as he has all the necessary tools.You will see quite a difference when you go out, it is really looking good now. Maybe see you out there, as we go on the 16th.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=P.TINKS]
Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
At last we should be completing on our town house on Manzana 1 this Thursday!!

Hi Mike & Di,
congrats, well worth the wait. We completed 25th of May. Electricity & Water but no Gas (Cold Showers) We are using Bennie to do all our fixing, as he has all the necessary tools.You will see quite a difference when you go out, it is really looking good now. Maybe see you out there, as we go on the 16th.
Hi Pete

good to hear you are pleased. Fadesa have promised us bottled gas for a few weeks...we shall see if it happens?
Would be good to meet up and anyone else who is out there at that time

Mike
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mike and Diane]
Originally Posted by P.TINKS

Hi Pete

good to hear you are pleased. Fadesa have promised us bottled gas for a few weeks...we shall see if it happens?

Mike
Gas appliances need different jets if they are switched between bottled and piped gas, check if they are changing them ?????
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Chris,

We found Carrefour good for small electrical items and garden furniture you can carry away (i.e. tv/dvd, chairs & tables), but the fridge/washing machine/dishwashers we wanted, although on show, were not available from stock. Managed to get Fridge/Freezer, but not the first choice model we wanted. We eventually bought the other items from one of the Electrical shops in Ayamonte, who delivered and fitted all items next day.

We arranged electric/gas through the solicitor (water is still from Fadesa), with little trauma, but from memeory, Comforta were offering this service at approx €40 per service, which is cheaper than we look like paying.

Regards
Hi Bob,

Thanks for that, didn’t reply sooner cos I shut down my mac, locked the office, diverted calls to my mobile and busied myself enjoying the gorgeous sunshine. Ahh the benefits of self employment!

Do you or anyone know if you can preorder items from Carrefour and, if so, how? My Spanish is unfortunately very limited (something I aim to improve) but we do have a multilingual friend who could draft an email if we knew the stock code for the electrical package that they offer.

I will take your advice on the utilities and contact Comforta.

Thanks again
Chris
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:47 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Weather here is just like Spain.....perfect !

Some advice please, can anyone tell me the best place in the Ayamonte area to buy a Gas BBQ and the Gas bottle. Re. the bottle do they do an exchange and refill ?

Thanks

Mel
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi CSR,

That is the journey I want to make, Eva bus from the airport to the station, train to the River and ferry to Ayamonte. All for about €6.

However to be realistic with a plane landing at 21.00hr you would be lucky to catch the last train and the ferry would be stopped for the night before you got half way there. Also if there are two of you and luggage it could be a trudge.

But alone with a rucksack and arriving at 09.00hr in the morning then it would be fantastic.

Regards,

John.
[/QUOTE]
Hi John,

We took the train to and from Portimao last year (I know it’s much further than Faro) and we both found it quite unpleasant, but then again I love driving and Jan loves being a passenger. We assumed the track ran along the coast, but it doesn’t, instead it rambles slowly through dreary farmland and endless level crossings. The last train was very delayed coming back and extremely crowded and the toilets were chucking up quite a bit too, also the wooden seats were a bit hard on my soft, southern rump. What we thought would be a mini adventure turned into a best forgotten, never to be repeated sojourn.

It was cheap though!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:05 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mike and Diane]
Originally Posted by P.TINKS

Hi Pete

Mike
Hi Mike,

Congratulations on signing tomorrow. Fadesa will change the nozzle on you gas you you can attach a gas bottle. But I do know a house on manzana 2 that the mains gas has now been switched on. Its probably best to double check with Fadesa.

See you soon, Sam
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:06 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Weather here is just like Spain.....perfect !

Some advice please, can anyone tell me the best place in the Ayamonte area to buy a Gas BBQ and the Gas bottle. Re. the bottle do they do an exchange and refill ?

Thanks

Mel
Hi Mel,

Try Outdoor Living for the bbq. They have a showroom next door to Egginnest furniture shop. They do have quite a large range to choose from.

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.