Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

We got back late on Sunday night after 5 very enjoyable days in Spain. Got into our town house this time and were very pleased with the finish. All looked good although as we wont be able to complete for a couple of months we did not do our snag list this time.

landscapping is looking far better than when we visited in Dec. especially around the appartments which are more advanced.

enjoyed our chats and drinks with Paul and Hayley, Sam and Benny, Graham and Sandra (and Mum) and Pete and Mo....roll on next time !!

Here are a few pics to brighten up a cold night in January in UK...hope you enjoy.

Mike and Di
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdate2jan06-006.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdate2jan06-009.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdate2jan06-010.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdate2jan06-030.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdate2jan06-032.jpg  

Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

and a few more..
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdatejan06-008.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdatejan06-009.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdatejan06-029.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdatejan06-037.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuriupdatejan06-050.jpg  

Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the photos, Mike & Diane! Lovely view of the river!
May I ask which manzana is it in photo #5 of pueblo andaluz?
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 25th 2006 at 8:14 am. Reason: wrong number!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thank you for the photos, Mike & Diane! Lovely view of the river!
May I ask which manzana is it in photo #5 of pueblo andaluz?
Carol

Hi Carol

sorry we just ran in quickly when security guard had turned his back! It was about the middle of the blocks on the road between the roundabouts if this helps?

Mike
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Starting to get more and more annoyed at the way Fadesa are treating the situation.
Last contact was August last year, without boring you all, that was for the snagging trip in November, which, when we arrived, was told to come back in Feb/.Mar.
So far, have heard nothing, have wasted 5 flights, 2 lots of accomadation and some very valuable leave days.
Has anyone any idea how we can find out officially, what is going on?
Have had to tell some friends that our trip in April is off, this was booked in October.
Someone is taking the ****, and I think it is time we got together to try and sort this problem out, if I am wrong, say so, but for the last few months, all I have read is disappointment
Ned Kelly
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

hi all,

as usual, have been reading every day but not posting. Thanks everyone for all the updates and pictures etc. I've been as frustrated as everyone else on here with the lack of communication. However, some news that may be good for many on here is that we have had an e-mail today from Pelayo, our solicitor, saying that we can now make the arrangements to do the snagging for our duplex apartment on Pueblo Andaluz Manzana 6. The apartment is finished and he wants us to do a full snag list prior to a completion date late in March. He suggested the end of February but we can't visit then as I am a Wigan Athletic fan and will be at the Millennium stadium watching us in the Carling Cup Final.

We have just booked flights for 11 March (home on 14 March), and have also got a great deal at the Riu Atlantico. We also have a weeks holiday booked at the same hotel from 18-25 April, so we'll be joining the jet set for a few weeks.

If anyone is out there at the same time, would love to meet up and share a jug of sangria.

Hope others waiting for completion information get news soon.

regards

Karen & Simon
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Hi Everyone

[Here are a few pics to brighten up a cold night in January in UK...hope you enjoy.

Mike and Di[/QUOTE]

Many Thanks for the photos Mike & Di. Can you recall the Apartment Bloque number ? We hope to complete the purchase of our Apartment on Bloque 8 before the end of January, as we are going out for a week from 11th to 18th Feb.

Things have certainly moved on since our last visit in October 05. The photos I took of the Apartment, and surrounding area can still be seen on the 'hidden' pages of my website at www.rjdawson.co.uk/esuri by anyone who wants to compare then and now. I hope to take lots more in February, and will post them on our return.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

mattmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GerryW
I'm confused Are you stating that a section of the urbanisation known as Costa Esuri has been sold off separately? If so are you stating that the official owned Parts of Costa Esuri Personally (on the basis that you can only sell what you own!) ? My belief was it was sold to Fadesa via a British owned holding company? If the official did not own the land (highly likely) then recourse is to the official via the company that was 'sold' something that was not available to sell. If the council owned the land - then again - it was not his to sell. It would be strange if the official just 'happened' to own those elements earmarked for infrastructure. It will all get sorted.....
[/QUOTE]

Hola John,

1. The Planning Permission for building Costa Esuri was only granted on the basis that, Fadesa is obliged to give 20% of the land to the Town Hall of Ayamonte for 'infrastructure'.

2. Fadesa subsequently gave 20% of the land to the Town Hall of Ayamonte.

3. The town Hall has sold that 20% of land to a property developer NOT FOR INFRASTUCTURE.

4. Madrid are looking very closely at Costa Esuri and have withheld all further planning permission until the 20% infrastructure problem is resolved.

5. Madrid will not allow the sale of additional land to Fadesa to compensate for the "lost" 20%, because of the new regulations stating that: "no further planning permission will be granted above the National" (in this case the A49)

'Hope this makes sense

Kind regards,

M
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Hi Ned, couldn't`t agree more, the only correspondence we have had since we put down our deposit in March 2004 was a letter apologising for a letter which was never sent We were in the shed last weekend & spoke to Paula who looked ten years older from when we last saw her. As I have said before, the people in the shed are our only contact with Fadesa, trying to get beyond them is impossible.The London office don`t want to know anything about it,so yes I totally agree with you but what can we do?

Cheers
Pete
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Hola John,

1. The Planning Permission for building Costa Esuri was only granted on the basis that, Fadesa is obliged to give 20% of the land to the Town Hall of Ayamonte for 'infrastructure'.

3. The town Hall has sold that 20% of land to a property developer NOT FOR INFRASTUCTURE.

4. Madrid are looking very closely at Costa Esuri and have withheld all further planning permission until the 20% infrastructure problem is resolved.

5. Madrid will not allow the sale of additional land to Fadesa to compensate for the "lost" 20%, because of the new regulations stating that: "no further planning permission will be granted above the National" (in this case the A49)

'Hope this makes sense

Kind regards,

M[/QUOTE]

I may be naive, but I cannot believe that a huge company like Fadesa would "give" a huge parcel of land to the town hall without some sort of covenant to ensure that the land is used appropriately, i.e., for infrastructure. Surely, this will be relatively easy to sort out?

Karen
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:23 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Ned

I totally agree. We have never spent so much money on anything, I had more info and knowledge about my new tumble dryer than this house ! I do appreciate the pressure on Paula and others in the shed are under, and Paula has called me and been helpful, but the Fadesa customer service is just dreadful.

I would be hopping mad if I had spent money on flights etc and then not be allowed to view the property. I phone/write/fax regulary for a date to view and snag but get no firm dates and each day the flight prices go up. I was told Feb ( well originally Aug, then Oct, then Dec !!) and the nearer we get I am aware that it is just not likely to be until March.

We are going out early April and I thought it would be completed....I bet we end up paying to stop in a hotel. Like you I have cancelled a May holiday with friends.

I was told to make sure the mortgage was in place for the signing day but I cannot proceed with that as Fadesa will not allow the valuer access - Catch 22.

What concerns me is....say a person "snags" in Feb/March and arranges to return to sign in April and the corrective work has not been carried out then we could end up going back and fro for months if it is not to satisfaction. If this worst scenario does occur in could be months before we have ownership and in between hell of a lot of expense in flights, hotels....and all leave from work taken to no avail.

Sorry to witter on but feel quite pessimistic about it now.Also - whilst I,m moaning - we have a town house with a roof top terrace and looking at the photo's I do think that those with a roof look much better. Grumble, grumble.

John shakes his head and says it will all work out....I'm yelling and want to go there NOW and rant !!

Fell better for that

Bye

Mel
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mattmar

Just a little further query on this very peculiar saga. Presumably, the developer who has bought the land previously earmarked for 'infrastructure' will have to apply for planning permission.

a)To whom does he have to apply for this?

b) Why should it be granted?

The whole thing smacks of corruption and I know this is rife amongst the civic authorities in both Spain and Portugal. It is almost an accepted fact of life.

Paul
Hola John,

'Hope this makes sense

Kind regards,

M[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 26th 2006, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Shirley, Anthony & P Tinks

We are going out just B4 Easter with my son and his girlfriend - how many can fit in the tent ? I'll have the kettle on for you all !!

Mel and John

PS Again a big big thank you to all the photo takers
Hi, we are going out to CE on 8 April for a week and will be staying at new base camp for F.U.C.E.O.( fed up CE owners ) in tent kindly provided by
Fedesa . failing that we will be at RUI Atlantico and would be more than
happy to have a beer or 2 wiv anyone out there at at that time.We can be recognised by the rolled up copy of our house contract under our arm ready to be inserted up a Fedesa official
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

This is roughly my understanding too but it is a very complex issue.

I do know that there are now calls for the new law to be used to strip Ayamonte Town Hall of all urban planning empowerment.

Best
Loco

Hola John,

'Hope this makes sense

Kind regards,

M[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody

Do not worried about the delay with our properties, here, in Spain is, unfortunately, very usual. In the contract, always is written the word "approximately", and it means that they can delay till 3 months. After this time, the owner can act lawfully but, sometimes, the delay is not fault of the builder, as in our case. In CE The houses are already finished and the delay must be due to another municipal organism such as Ayamonte Town council, at least I think so.

On the other hand, I know an architect who lives in Madrid and has bought a plot in CE. He is going to build a house there and I can tell that he is a very good architect. The house where he lives here is fantastic, once a decoration magazine published it. If someone is interested in being in touch with him tell me.

Best Regards,
marisol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.