Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by CSR
Hi Sam - just heard from my solicitor.....our completion date is between 23 Jan and 10 Feb!!!!! Whoooooopppppeeeee! At last I can get rid of those sofas and chairs. Hope you are both well. Anyone else heard?

CSR
Been told today by our lawyer that completion will be by Feb 10th. That is for apartment Rago 2 Block 10

So we will get some better weather soon!!

Mike and Carol
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

bernie and jan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everone

Thanks to all for the photos especially the panoramic one of the golf course, we have been told by fadesa that our dulex on Manzana 6 will be ready for middle of March, fingers crossed.

We found a furniture store by the Ferry landing Stage near to the super market, from the ferry walk towards town on the main road and its 50 mtrs on the left, (Could not be the right as this is the river).

Run by a very helpful English man Trevor, he does the complete package on furniture and delivers free and according to the wife very reasonable!!!!!!!
The name of the store is Frontera and the web site is www.furniturefrontera.com

He says he can also supply air con units????? (By the way I don't work for him!!!

Hope to see you all in the golf Club soon

Bernie and Jan
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:19 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Bernie and Jan

Just been on the Frontera site...thanks for the info. I am getting a fair collection from this site of all the furniture shops I will be descending upon. John will show willing for the first couple then sneak off I'm sure !!

Hello to the Photo senders.......THANKS !!!!!

Can anyone tell me if there are extra charges incurred to hire a car at Faro - Portugal as we then drive in Spain....if there are how much ? Is insurance affected ? When we have hired cars B4 www.carjet.com have been reasonable but I've not done this at Faro - Spain

Kind Regards to all

Mel and John
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya Bernie and Jan

Just been on the Frontera site...thanks for the info. I am getting a fair collection from this site of all the furniture shops I will be descending upon. John will show willing for the first couple then sneak off I'm sure !!

Can anyone tell me if there are extra charges incurred to hire a car at Faro - Portugal as we then drive in Spain....if there are how much ? Is insurance affected ? When we have hired cars B4 www.carjet.com have been reasonable but I've not done this at Faro - Spain

Kind Regards to all

Mel and John
Hi Mel and John

Basically, some car companies charge, some do not, we have used Europcar mostly and they definitely do not. Re furniture, for anyone feeling totally lost, you could do worse than read the furniture thread on the eyeonislacanela site, basically full of Canela peoples dilemas, experiences, solutions etc. There are many more English speaking companies now to help out than there were a couple of years ago when we were doing it !

Tricia
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Hiya Bernie and Jan

Kind Regards to all

Mel and John

just confirm it when you book and then there should be no extra charge.

I too have used Carjet and have found the service good.

BTW check out how much cheaper car hire is from Seville - if you can fly into there and you are going in peak season the cost of a family size car is around 30% cheaper than Faro.

Matt
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:40 am
Just Joined

bernie and jan is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel and John

We were given this company by a resident in Isla Canella, who we have used a couple of times, rates were cheaper than anywhere else (we could find), so you could try if you want, there were no extra charges for using the car in Spain.

Web site, [email protected] good luck

Bernie and Jan
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by matt begley

BTW check out how much cheaper car hire is from Seville - if you can fly into there and you are going in peak season the cost of a family size car is around 30% cheaper than Faro.

Matt
Hi Matt

I agree, but their flights didn't seem very reasonable when released just before Xmas (about £100 each way) compared to Easyjet Stansted to Faro, so it kinda negated the benefits for us

Tricia
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Tricia,

Ryanair from Stansted to Seville have some remarkable fares if you can be flexible about dates and some good flight times to boot if you are close to Stansted. For car hire we always check moneysupermarket.com which is a comparison website and gives a range of the cheaper prices. Our preferred departure airport is Luton no Seville flights but just about everybody does Luton Faro and Easyjet take some beating.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Matt

I agree, but their flights didn't seem very reasonable when released just before Xmas (about £100 each way) compared to Easyjet Stansted to Faro, so it kinda negated the benefits for us

Tricia
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matt begley

Matt
We have used a car hire company in Spain for quite a few years now. If you are flying to Seville or Jerez try 'Do you Spain' they are reliable and very competitive.

Dean
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Tricia,

Ryanair from Stansted to Seville have some remarkable fares if you can be flexible about dates and some good flight times to boot if you are close to Stansted. For car hire we always check moneysupermarket.com which is a comparison website and gives a range of the cheaper prices. Our preferred departure airport is Luton no Seville flights but just about everybody does Luton Faro and Easyjet take some beating.

Regards,

John.
Sorry, meant to say, their summer schedule didn't seem very cheap. We haven't done Luton yet but have booked a couple of flights this year with them as their flight times are so much kinder, cannot bear that early morning flight from Stansted mid week, although that's what we'll be doing on 1st Feb

Tricia
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Hi John,

Last May the Major (PSOE) was publicly threatening Zapatero ( also PSOE) alleging he had made a promise to make a major investment in trying to deal with the beach at IC and if the funds weren't poured in he would lead a protest against Zapatero and his own party at the local elections.

At a wild guess probably something to do with the fact that any long term solution would cost vast sums and would require Central funds.

The Major seems to forget that the Central Governments DGC was calling for IC to be closed down nearly 10 years ago for this and similar reasons and it was the Local Government who granted planning for IC.

I guess if he is now appearing to be complacent Zapatero has hold him what do do with his protest

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by John & Kath
As an aside, the reports in Ayamonte.org also have a lot to say about beach conditions at Canela and the channel movements in the river and although it did not translate too well on google I do get the impression that the Mayor is a bit complacent about a long term problem.

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tricia
Sorry, meant to say, their summer schedule didn't seem very cheap. We haven't done Luton yet but have booked a couple of flights this year with them as their flight times are so much kinder, cannot bear that early morning flight from Stansted mid week, although that's what we'll be doing on 1st Feb

Tricia

also check BA for LGW to Faro and Seville - I have had some great fares out of there.

Matt
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Hiya Bernie and Jan

Kind Regards to all

Mel and John

Hi Mel & John

If you rent from a large company such as Europcar etc they have sites throughout Spain and Portugal. So long as you tell them that you are crossing into Spain and where you are staying there is no additional charge.

Regards...........Graham
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
Been told today by our lawyer that completion will be by Feb 10th. That is for apartment Rago 2 Block 10

So we will get some better weather soon!!

Mike and Carol

Hi Mike & Carol

We are at the Atlantico now until Friday. Did the snagging on our Rago Block 10 apartment this morning. We were not rushed at all, took all of two hours!! Had to be dragged off the solarium roof in the sunshine!! Nothing serious enough to mention here. Delighted with the finish all round. Poolside the grass is shooting up and plants all in place. We complete Jan 31st or Feb 1st. Will post pictures at the weekend. Any Rago Block 10 buyers need copy send me a PE.

Have not left yet but desperate to return soon..............Graham & Sandra
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

TicktonTyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mel and John
We were over for just 2 nights early Dec and I booked through carjet as seen recommended on the forum. The booking was from Faro airport but booked on line (no way of stating Spanish use) when we picked the car up we were asked for E60 extra as this applied whether the rental period was 1 day or 1 month. They said this was their policy as with Budget who appear to be their partners. I will not therefore use them again unless I fly into Spain. You are therefore correct to be asking the question.

A wiser but poorer TicktonTyke

Hiya Bernie and Jan

Kind Regards to all

Mel and John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.