Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:53 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,
Just some pictures of Golf Course one to cheer you all up. I took them from the otherside of the Esuri looking across to where the first phases are built.
For those of you who were looking for a map with the golf courses in the area www.golfayamonte.com is worth a click.

Regards
Michael
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf1-rago.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf-1.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf1-th.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf-1-anda.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-golf-1-course.jpg  

Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sam and also Michael for the great pics. Just back from trip to London and cheered me up no end after day in the smoke! Really pleased with the block paving between the roads at the townhouses, looks good. Looking forward to our trip next week and also meeting up with some friends made before and some new ones. Anyone want a pic of a particular area will try and get it, let me know.

Mike & Di

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

Bennys back in the UK for a couple of days so I thought I would come to the internet cafe and give you all an update on the townhouses.

The road between manzanas 2 and 3 is now block paved, the picture is on this post. Nice green letter boxes are now being put on the wall outside the front gates of each house (sad I know, but I love them). You may be able to see what they look like in the photo. Theres loads of workers up there now the festivities are over with. Yesterday they were levelling out in manzanas 3 and 4. It really is a hive of activity on Esuri now.

I have seen a few posts regarding snagging. If anyone needs help or even their snagging done for them, then if you contact Benny he will get back to you. You can email me through this forum and I will pass it on to him.

BV, the photos are of your house, enjoy.

Sam

P.s If anyone is moving out here shortly and looking for some part-time work, then contact Tina at the sugar reef.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Thanks Sam and also Michael for the great pics. Just back from trip to London and cheered me up no end after day in the smoke! Really pleased with the block paving between the roads at the townhouses, looks good. Looking forward to our trip next week and also meeting up with some friends made before and some new ones. Anyone want a pic of a particular area will try and get it, let me know.

Mike & Di
Hi MIke & Di,

Have sent you a PM.

Regards

Andy
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

We have just returned from a week in Ayamonte and would like to tell everyone about our lovely day out. We took the road up the Portuguese side of the Guadiana. Stopping off first in Alcutim and then in Pomarao. These are the two villages called on by the Guadiana Cruises. The scenery is breathtaking. In Alcutim we called in a bar called Riverside Tavern very tastefully restored by an English couple who have settled there from London. it is right on the rivers edge and is a fabulous place to enjoy Food & Drink overlooking the Guadiana.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Hi All,
Just some pictures of Golf Course one to cheer you all up. I took them from the otherside of the Esuri looking across to where the first phases are built.
For those of you who were looking for a map with the golf courses in the area www.golfayamonte.com is worth a click.

Regards
Michael
The number of water Features will be quite amazing - and in some ways very 'American'. I believe the course will look absolutely superb when matured. Lets hope I don't fall in!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

tina glover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi All and a Happy New Year,
Well we arrived back in the UK Sunday and we are already missing the Spanish weather and way of life! Had a great New Years Eve at the Sugar Reef, met Sam and Benny who seem to have settled in nicely. Also met Juan Carlos – sorry we didn’t see you again too much shopping – Daniel enjoyed a game of football with Carlos and his cousin and is looking forward to a rematch later in the year.
We signed for our apartment on the 29th of Dec and all appears to have gone through OK. A representative from Fadesa accompanied us to the Notario in Punta Umbria – Yes it is a long way, however, as this is not our first experience of buying a property in this area we decided to go it alone without a solicitor, therefore, the Notario in Punta Umbria was a good option for us as they provided a translation in English for us to check before we went ahead. Also the Notario himself speaks English and is happy to go over anything that may not be clear. All in all not a bad experience, much the same as we have experienced in the past – lots of hanging around and lots of people coming and going not appearing to be doing anything except shaking hands with each other.
We are pleased with the apartment; however, due to holidays etc and me not being able to decide on furniture we have not yet spent the night there. Lots of choice now in Ayamonte with regards to furniture packs however we (or should I say I, my husband is the brains and sorts out all the legal stuff, I do the important bit “decoration”) have decided on Ikea. We have a very easy way of doing this, I go to Ikea in the UK choose the furniture, come home down load pictures of what I want from the Spanish web site and then this is the magic bit, I send them to Mike from Ayamonte Property Services (www.ayamonte.co.uk) who goes and gets it all, and better still, builds it for us in the apartment. The cost of him doing this even with his time and transport costs is still lots cheaper than a furniture pack, and it worked well for us last time. Also Emilio from the same company is in the process of giving us a quote for the garden, so all being well next time we visit it should all be done for us.
All in all a fairly comfortable experience so far for us, the December date was the one originally given by Fadesa – brought forward to September but put back again – the last place we bought in Islantilla went over by ten months. I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding our experience, I am a bit conscious that I am now rambling on a bit so I will leave it here,
Regards
Val

Hi just to let you know there is a new furniture shop opened in ayamonte near the opel garage in the industrial estate called Casrama. The furniture is of good quality and very reasonable to it also does lighting to, a one bedroom apartment starts from 4.300 they are also offering a forty eight hours delivery to. worth taking a look.
tina
Old Jan 14th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
Further to the correspondence regarding wills, my understanding is that it is very important to make a Spanish will as your UK will does not cover any assets in Spain. It is important to state that there is another will in the UK. I have been told that to die without a will in Spain means that the state could take over your assets and the property does not automatically go the the surviving partner

Mike and carol
Thanks to everyone (as they say "names too numerous to mention") for the detailed info on the situation regarding wills.

I realise now how important it is that I "tick this box off".... before I end up in it!

Thanks agsin

Jon
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:52 pm
Jono

jono6395 will become famous soon enoughjono6395 will become famous soon enough

Dear all - a good article on the cdll in todays Sunday Times - here's the on line version:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...984100,00.html
Old Jan 15th 2006, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Gordon B East is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a series of photos of golf 1 taken mid December that have been stitched together to form a panorama by a friend. I'm sure you will enjoy the view.

Can someone explain how to post a picture.

Thank you.

Gordon East
Old Jan 15th 2006, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Gordon B East

Gordon East
Hi Gordon,

It fooled me at first but I found it accidentally.

Click on Reply or New Reply and the dialogue box opens centre screen and you think thats it, but scroll down and all is revealed. There is an attachments box and an upload pictures key. I always use the browse button to find the image then click on it and upload. Finally when you have done everything such as spell check or preview you click on submit and low and behold there's the message with a thumbnail at the bottom.

Click on the thumbnail and the picture pops up in the same screen and if the image is of the right type you can hover your pointer over the bottom right hand corner of the picture and up pops an enlargement key click on this and the image is so big you can read car number plates if there is sufficient resolution on the "negative".

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

I have a series of photos of golf 1 taken mid December that have been stitched together to form a panorama by a friend. I'm sure you will enjoy the view.

Thank you.

Gordon East
I cannot wait to see it!
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Gordon B East is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Gordon,

It fooled me at first but I found it accidentally.

Click on Reply or New Reply and the dialogue box opens centre screen and you think thats it, but scroll down and all is revealed. There is an attachments box and an upload pictures key. I always use the browse button to find the image then click on it and upload. Finally when you have done everything such as spell check or preview you click on submit and low and behold there's the message with a thumbnail at the bottom.

Click on the thumbnail and the picture pops up in the same screen and if the image is of the right type you can hover your pointer over the bottom right hand corner of the picture and up pops an enlargement key click on this and the image is so big you can read car number plates if there is sufficient resolution on the "negative".

Regards,

John.
Hi John,

From one engineer to another thank you very much, computers have arrived in the twilight of my career so I'm still learning, as is the case in most of the engineering profession.

I spent some time at CE in December, I stayed at the Atlantico, which I do recommend if you like a few creature comforts and the walks along the beach are also envigiorating.

I have purchased an appartment and will completing very soon.

Having lived and worked in the middle east for the best part of 30 years I'm really used to the the ways of the manyana system.

The agent I dealt with was first class and introduced the banks and lawyers at day one. I have finalised everything with them in one visit to the development and have arranged my NIE through the Spanish embassy in my country of residence.

I have found Fadessa very helpful on the occassions I have to deal with them, mostly by phone but with two visits to the site, one before the bridge was opened and one after. Both David and Paula of Fadessa have been extremely helpful and the Comforta girls as well.

Many of my colleagues have also invested in the development and they too have been satisfied with the service they have received, many of them are golfers and looking forward to some keen competition on the courses around the region.

I did some investigating while I was there and there are some really good deals to be negotiated with other courses both in Spain and Portugal, so it will be interesting to see how the golf course management company get on with their packages, although I have filled out the 'interest form', I shall be very keen to see what arrangements are put in place on the two courses on the development.

I also recommend the Bella Napoli restaurant run by Les and Cindy just around the corner from the Atlantico.

I'm sure in the course of time we will be at CE at the same time so I will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gordon
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-gordon_edited-3web.jpg  

Last edited by Gordon B East; Jan 15th 2006 at 10:00 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Spanish Wills

Since our purchase will be by my wife, myself and our three children and at 30 28 and 20 and they have little interest in tax and death, except mine, I have researched all my sources for info on Spanish wills. From this I have prepared a paper for them to get them to understand the implications of owning an expensive villa in Spain and what they need to do. It is attached here for your information.

Regards,

John
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Do I Need A Spanish Will.doc (23.0 KB, 186 views)
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi John,
From one engineer to another thank you very much, computers have arrived in the twilight of my career so I'm still learning, as is the case in most of the engineering profession.
Gordon
Hi Gordon,

Me too! did not have a computer on my desk throughout my whole career. At first not reliable enough then not time to learn how to use it properly. Made up for it since I retired though, went back to college and learnt word, spreadsheets, data base's and how to plug the dam things together. Still frightened of the beast but getting less so as the days pass but could not function without it now. Thats the engineer in me!

Regards,

John
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

juan carlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi All and a Happy New Year,
Well we arrived back in the UK Sunday and we are already missing the Spanish weather and way of life! Had a great New Years Eve at the Sugar Reef, met Sam and Benny who seem to have settled in nicely. Also met Juan Carlos – sorry we didn’t see you again too much shopping – Daniel enjoyed a game of football with Carlos and his cousin and is looking forward to a rematch later in the year.
We signed for our apartment on the 29th of Dec and all appears to have gone through OK. A representative from Fadesa accompanied us to the Notario in Punta Umbria – Yes it is a long way, however, as this is not our first experience of buying a property in this area we decided to go it alone without a solicitor, therefore, the Notario in Punta Umbria was a good option for us as they provided a translation in English for us to check before we went ahead. Also the Notario himself speaks English and is happy to go over anything that may not be clear. All in all not a bad experience, much the same as we have experienced in the past – lots of hanging around and lots of people coming and going not appearing to be doing anything except shaking hands with each other.
We are pleased with the apartment; however, due to holidays etc and me not being able to decide on furniture we have not yet spent the night there. Lots of choice now in Ayamonte with regards to furniture packs however we (or should I say I, my husband is the brains and sorts out all the legal stuff, I do the important bit “decoration”) have decided on Ikea. We have a very easy way of doing this, I go to Ikea in the UK choose the furniture, come home down load pictures of what I want from the Spanish web site and then this is the magic bit, I send them to Mike from Ayamonte Property Services (www.ayamonte.co.uk) who goes and gets it all, and better still, builds it for us in the apartment. The cost of him doing this even with his time and transport costs is still lots cheaper than a furniture pack, and it worked well for us last time. Also Emilio from the same company is in the process of giving us a quote for the garden, so all being well next time we visit it should all be done for us.
All in all a fairly comfortable experience so far for us, the December date was the one originally given by Fadesa – brought forward to September but put back again – the last place we bought in Islantilla went over by ten months. I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding our experience, I am a bit conscious that I am now rambling on a bit so I will leave it here,
Regards
Val
Happy new year,

As Val posted, we Stayed at CE the first week of the year. We had a nice week and met Val, Gary and their son Daniel ( good footbal player ), and I hope our children will have nices days at CE.
Is great to say you that the Gas Natural substation is now working and your will be able to contract it without provisional bottles. You can do the contract through any Propierty Services Company or directly with the Gas Company ( if anybody wants, the Gas company phones are 959541392 - 959541634, before you need dial the numbers to phone to Spain. To get the service you call them and give them your Spanish Bank account number, they send you a person to activate the gas service the date you choice ).

Not yet the Electricity substation is working, but Fadesa provides it and we had no problem about this.

About the garden, Val spokes about Ayamonte Propierty Services and I can say that is a good company, in fact they gave me a quote for our garden but finally I have found another company who offers me better proyect and better quote than the others three that I spoke, and I have very good references about them. In any case, I post their info for you, so I think is interesting to get some diferents quotes to compare. The do too house cleanings and reformations, and they are english spoken:
- Green Colours Garden Solutions
phone: 00 34 659849077
email: [email protected]
contact: Ignacio Lopez-Arenas Loring - Agricultural Engineer
web: www.solucionesenverde.com

We have done the contract with them and I said them that begin inmediatly, so I hope to get finally our garden complete at 1/2 months.

Finally, if you visit Ayamonte village, dont forget go to a Tapas Bar, very well know at Ayamonte, wich we have know this week. It is Casa Vicente, in the center of the Village and it is great to eat some tapas and an excelent price. The thrusday the have an special Tuna day with many tapas of this fish.

Best Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.