Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by matt begley
Hi Mike & Di

I think you will find it to be a one way street - same in most of the urbanisations.

Matt
Didn't realise that the area was going to be so busy with traffic that we had to have one way streets, next there will be speed cameras!!!
Ned
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
@ MEL & JOHN

QUOTE "Anybody on this forum buying a townhouse on Manzana 2 ? We are buying No. ** there".UNQUOTE

I don't want to be too alarmist.. But.
Not a good idea to provide too much info in my opinion. This site is open to be read by anyone who happens to stumble upon it while surfing the www.
Maybe, just maybe someone could monitor your posts here and know when your place will be full of possessions and unoccupied.

regards
BW.
I think that is why the first thread got closed
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Didn't realise that the area was going to be so busy with traffic that we had to have one way streets, next there will be speed cameras!!!
Ned

just waiting for roundabouts and plastic cows................. :scared:
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:13 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

The have already planted some plastic flamingos to the left of the bridge as you go into the development. No swans! (only joking - they looked real enough to me!) In fact they were the only ones we saw on our 11 day trip over xmas.

Originally Posted by matt begley
just waiting for roundabouts and plastic cows................. :scared:
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:57 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

My next photos will be of the Andalusian Village. I was going to take some last time, but I didnt want to over do things. You cant actually get in there, its all sealed off with security guards at the entrances.

With regards to viewing and snagging your townhouses, I wouldnt be in too much of a rush if I were you. Only because as we were walking round the site having a good nosey as usual, we noticed so many smashed tiles on the patios etc. On our house, the sill on the kitchen window has a big crack down the middle of it. Theres a lot of work to be done to put things right.

On the plus side, things are looking great up there (even with smashed patio tiles). The roads are coming along nicely. They are now digging out along the side of the walls at the front of the houses on the road for flower beds. The roads are narrow with gaps along the way for parking. It really is going to be beautiful up there. There have also been a lot more men working up there too.

It is definately March for townhouse completions, I cant see it being later than that but you never know. But we are seeing a difference every time we go up there, which is every other day lol.

John the photos of the views are R37 looking over the golf and down to the Andalusian Village.
Craig I have sent you a pm with our contact details. Will speak to you soon.

Sam
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Sam,

You are a STAR please be patient with us. You would not believe how good it feels to have an independent source of info on the spot. One who takes photos and posts them up very quickly to illustrate what you are seeing and telling us. Why o'h why can't Fadesa do this.

I guessed right on the location and only wish I had the skill to turn them into a panorama I must learn!

Thanks again and in anticipation of more.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

John the photos of the views are R37 looking over the golf and down to the Andalusian Village.

Sam
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:57 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

FOR REG HORNE

Hiya, good to meet you via technology/cyber space and look foward to meeting up with you one day in the sun at Costa Esuri. We also had thought about going out in Feb but am concerned that we may go and without being "invited" by Fadesa not be able to go and look round the house. Have a good visit and I hope you will post on this site with an update........just makes it feel a little closer when we get some news. The couple who are buying next to us managed to get out there in Nov and did their snag list and have left Fadesa with several jobs to complete, they know exactly what to look for and will not sign until they are completely satisfied. Generally though they were pleased with their property and the site. Take care Mel

For BIG WHEELS

Yes, very good point. It had not crossed my mind at all. Thanks for setting me straight, I shall be more wary in future.

Kind Regards Mel
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi All,

My next photos will be of the Andalusian Village. I was going to take some last time, but I didnt want to over do things. You cant actually get in there, its all sealed off with security guards at the entrances.

With regards to viewing and snagging your townhouses, I wouldnt be in too much of a rush if I were you. Only because as we were walking round the site having a good nosey as usual, we noticed so many smashed tiles on the patios etc. On our house, the sill on the kitchen window has a big crack down the middle of it. Theres a lot of work to be done to put things right.

On the plus side, things are looking great up there (even with smashed patio tiles). The roads are coming along nicely. They are now digging out along the side of the walls at the front of the houses on the road for flower beds. The roads are narrow with gaps along the way for parking. It really is going to be beautiful up there. There have also been a lot more men working up there too.

It is definately March for townhouse completions, I cant see it being later than that but you never know. But we are seeing a difference every time we go up there, which is every other day lol.

Sam
Hi Sam,

Completely echo John's comments about having you on the spot, absolutely invaluable. Must say, I'm really looking forward to the pix of the Andalusian Village as I will be able to compare them to ones I took in September but didn't get round to posting them on the thread. At that time the apartments looked close to completion but the pools and communal areas had not been started. I had a note from my solicitor today saying "Fadesa is having problems with the handing of the properties". I'm not quite sure what this actually means apart from it's delayed.....surprise, surprise.

How is Golf 1 looking and have you seen any progress on Golf 2?

Just keep making your postings and those pix of blue skies as they are a real tonic.

Cheers

Andy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

You are a STAR please be patient with us. You would not believe how good it feels to have an independent source of info on the spot. One who takes photos and posts them up very quickly to illustrate what you are seeing and telling us. Why o'h why can't Fadesa do this.

John.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sam,
Thank you for taking the time to send us the information & photos. I look forward to the Pueblo Anadaluz photos. Re: John's post - you are a STAR!
I reckon this is an example of the care and attention your new business venture will aim to achieve. Buena suerte!
Carol
P.S. Happy Three Kings!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just been pootling around the interweb and came across this site :-

www.riosat.com

its interesting if we are going to have trouble with Telfonica and Broadband connections. Reading widely on BritExpats everybody else does seem to have trouble with the national carrier.

The next page talks about Camponet

http://www.riosat.com/CampoNet.htm

and this would seem ideal for a group such as ours to get connected at high speed and with access to VOIP would give cheap calls as well.

The Community may not allow aerials on common areas but one tucked away on a villa plot could not be objected to and if there is a ground station near enough to upload to the satellite it could just be the answerer.

What do you think?

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Greg Holliday is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John and Kath,

I have been told by FADESA that the telephone lines laid as far as our front gates (townhouses) are suitable for broadband, indeed, that was one of the key selling points for us, as we will be working from home and a broadband line was essential. As recently as December Paula in the "Shed" confirmed that this was the case, so I hope that they are telling the truth.

Happy New Year to all "Esurians" - look forward to meeting you all during the coming year.

Regards,

Greg and Angie

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi All,

Just been pootling around the interweb and came across this site :-

www.riosat.com
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:40 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Hi All,

On the plus side, things are looking great up there (even with smashed patio tiles).

Sam
Hi Sam,

When are you going to do your snagging? I assume from your writing that Fadesa will do their own checks and correct obvious stuff without waiting for a snag list, e.g. the windows and tiles. Then you point out the little matters ("Where's me roof") afterwards.

Secondly, what have you done about air con - or will you move in then sort that out?

Hope you are not wearing your shutter release finger out,

Best regards

Jules
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Greg,

It does not seem to be a matter of if the wires are included in the development. It is whether Telefonica can get their act together to provide the service! It seems they are swamped everywhere and the general reports are that after you move in they take 6 to 9 months to get a line provided and then it may not take BB.

Take a look at the white building bottom right of the 1st attachment (thought by some to be the best designed building on the development) that is the final step down transformer house for incoming electricity, here Endesa connect into the local grid and distribute their electricity through the on-site network which is all in place and connected to individual dwellings.

Oops they, Endesa, cannot supply the connection to the main transformer house. The properties so far handed over are on a temporary builders supply which is being paid for by Fadesa, so free electricity for early adopters.

But Endesa are just about the biggest electricity company in Europe and with something like 5-10 years warning they have not got their act together. Similar problems for water supply early adopters on a builders supply with free water. Same again for gas (see Juan Carlo s's posts) mains gas piped to each house from a central storage cylinder on Golf II (see photo 2) but early adopters are having to use orange bottles just like the rest of rural Spain.

No I don't trust Endesa, Gas supplier, Water company or Telefonica to get it right first or even second time but then this is Spain and I'm going for the manana feeling.

Just thought we could aim off for the vital bits and go independent of Telefonica who have a desperate reputation.

Regards,

John.

[QUOTE=Greg Holliday]Hi John and Kath,

I have been told by FADESA that the telephone lines laid as far as our front gates (townhouses) are suitable for broadband,
Happy New Year to all "Esurians" - look forward to meeting you all during the coming year.

Regards,

Greg and Angie
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-aut11052.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-aut11071.jpg  
Old Jan 6th 2006, 10:08 am
Jono

jono6395 will become famous soon enoughjono6395 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Greg Holliday]Hi John and Kath,

I have been told by FADESA that the telephone lines laid as far as our front gates (townhouses) are suitable for broadband, indeed, that was one of the key selling points for us, as we will be working from home and a broadband line was essential. As recently as December Paula in the "Shed" confirmed that this was the case, so I hope that they are telling the truth.

Pretty much any copper wire is capable of taking BB - the BB connection is set up at the local exchange, and this enables the fast 'last mile' to your home. So the telephone company have to enable the local exchange for BB and your home has to be within the radius of the exchange for BB to work. (This is also called 'Local Loop' and here in the UK, Local loop unbundling is what the internet providers have been trying to prise off BT, so they can enable (and charge) the customer for BB without having to pay BT.) Anyway, basically its all done at the exchange, and the engineer pays a visit to your house to do the final switch on.So the question to ask is : is the Ayamonte telephone exchange BB enabled, and is Costa Esuri near enough to the exchange for it to work.Its nothing to do with Fadesa.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi jono,

This is the second edition of this discussion see previous about August for earlier chat. The local Ayamonte exchange is 959 and is enabled but nobody knows what exchange CE will be on. Significantly the shed does not have publicly available email! I had trouble here in UK being 5K from the exchange and central Ayamonte is at least that.

But dismiss all that Telefonica have a horrible reputation for providing new connections to new properties (see other threads for info) they say 3 weeks and then take 3 months or more. So first hurdle is to get phone connected to line in street, then other end of line in street has to be connected to an exchange somewhere and finally that exchange has to be BB enabled.

With 3 fences to take I would not back Telefonica to clear them all first time and if they do they are still left with the reputation of being a monopoly supplier who are expensive and not customer friendly.

But we are going for the sunshine and laid back lifestyle so we will just take all this in our stride!

Regards,

John. PS see this page http://www.vinalopotrader.co.nr/

[QUOTE=jono6395Pretty much any copper wire is capable of taking BB - the BB connection is set up at the local exchange, and this enables the fast 'last mile' to your home. So the telephone company have to enable the local exchange for BB and your home has to be within the radius of the exchange for BB to work. (This is also called 'Local Loop' and here in the UK, Local loop unbundling is what the internet providers have been trying to prise off BT, so they can enable (and charge) the customer for BB without having to pay BT.) Anyway, basically its all done at the exchange, and the engineer pays a visit to your house to do the final switch on.So the question to ask is : is the Ayamonte telephone exchange BB enabled, and is Costa Esuri near enough to the exchange for it to work.Its nothing to do with Fadesa.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jan 6th 2006 at 8:53 pm. Reason: Found this Telephonica complaints page in Vinalopo News

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.