Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,
Spanish Wills

Since our purchase will be by my wife, myself and our three children and at 30 28 and 20 and they have little interest in tax and death, except mine, I have researched all my sources for info on Spanish wills. From this I have prepared a paper for them to get them to understand the implications of owning an expensive villa in Spain and what they need to do. It is attached here for your information.

Regards,

John

Thanks John - very Useful...Ger
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gordon B East
Hi John,

From one engineer to another thank you very much, computers have arrived in the twilight of my career so I'm still learning, as is the case in most of the engineering profession.

I spent some time at CE in December, I stayed at the Atlantico, which I do recommend if you like a few creature comforts and the walks along the beach are also envigiorating.

I have purchased an appartment and will completing very soon.

Having lived and worked in the middle east for the best part of 30 years I'm really used to the the ways of the manyana system.

The agent I dealt with was first class and introduced the banks and lawyers at day one. I have finalised everything with them in one visit to the development and have arranged my NIE through the Spanish embassy in my country of residence.

I have found Fadessa very helpful on the occassions I have to deal with them, mostly by phone but with two visits to the site, one before the bridge was opened and one after. Both David and Paula of Fadessa have been extremely helpful and the Comforta girls as well.

Many of my colleagues have also invested in the development and they too have been satisfied with the service they have received, many of them are golfers and looking forward to some keen competition on the courses around the region.

I did some investigating while I was there and there are some really good deals to be negotiated with other courses both in Spain and Portugal, so it will be interesting to see how the golf course management company get on with their packages, although I have filled out the 'interest form', I shall be very keen to see what arrangements are put in place on the two courses on the development.

I also recommend the Bella Napoli restaurant run by Les and Cindy just around the corner from the Atlantico.

I'm sure in the course of time we will be at CE at the same time so I will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gordon
Absolutely superb panoramic. It plugs the gaps on many of the pictures I had seen from various angles around the course...many thanks...Ger

Last edited by GerryW; Jan 15th 2006 at 11:30 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,
Re: Spanish Wills
Thanks, John, for the useful information.
It makes me angry that lawyer/s are quoting way above the average price for this service (re: Mel & John's previous post).

Re: Natural Gas substation
Thanks, Juan Carlos.
I can't remember, but is it gas supplied to the hot water boiler, oven and hob (or electric)?
Does having the electricity on Fadesa/Builders' supply until (maybe ) after the summer mean it is free?

Re: The Sunday Times supplement on Spain
Several interesting articles on bars/tapas. CDL article concentrating on Cadiz province.
I received a thoughtful Xmas present in the form of a book, "The Taste of a Place - Andalucia" by Vicky Bennison (Chakula Press). I'd recommend it.

Thanks for the pictures!
Carol
Old Jan 16th 2006, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi folks,
Re: Spanish Wills
Thanks, John, for the useful information.
It makes me angry that lawyer/s are quoting way above the average price for this service (re: Mel & John's previous post).
Carol
Hi Carol,

The cost quoted is for the NOTARIO fee you may choose to employ a solicitor/tax accountant on top of that. For simple circumstances you may not need one. Also you will need to take a "friend" who is fluent in English and Spanish.

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John,
Have look at today's ayamonte.org news articles.
If I've translated it correctly, it seems the parador has had to close 40 of its 53 rooms for safety reasons, due to a crack in a (retaining?) wall. There has been excavation around the hillside area (see one of the previous pics of the parador), in order to "urbanizar" an area called "Castillo de la Rodadera".
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 16th 2006 at 5:25 am.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 5:32 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Hi John,
If I've translated it correctly, it seems the parador has had to close 40 of its 53 rooms for safety reasons, due to a crack in a (retaining?) wall. There has been excavation around the hillside area (see one of the previous pics of the parador), in order to "urbanizar" an area called "Castillo de la Rodadera".
Carol
I heard there were 38 rooms closed due to the cracks that have appeared

Regards
Michael
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol,

On one of our early trips we stayed at the Parador in a room looking southwest downriver. It was super and the views were fantastic.

A year ago we stayed in an apartment in old Ayamonte on Madruga with the same fantastic views but there was building going on directly in front and lower than us and this stretched all around the hill under and past the Parador. An access route had been taken in of the first r/about from the Motorway and in typical Spanish fashion terraces were being cut into the hillside to allow the buildings and roads to be constructed.

The weather has been quite wet since about the start of November (comparatively) and it is so easy, if the works are not protected, for rain to wash out the foundations of existing buildings. I must read the details of the article to find the extent of the washout thanks for the tip off.

Regards,

John.

Hi John,
Carol
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

John,

This report may be of some interest to you. As well as some tech stuff it mentions the political stuff involved.

Best
Loco

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/huel...23912&idcat=26
Originally Posted by John & Kath
I must read the details of the article to find the extent of the washout thanks for the tip off.

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Loco,

If Emilio Lettuce is a mining Engineer and says there is a 300mm wide crack in one of the retaining wall I would be very worried. Those guys know their stuff about ground conditions and soil movement, they have to you don't get second chances underground!

As an aside, the reports in Ayamonte.org also have a lot to say about beach conditions at Canela and the channel movements in the river and although it did not translate too well on google I do get the impression that the Mayor is a bit complacent about a long term problem.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Loco
John,
This report may be of some interest to you. As well as some tech stuff it mentions the political stuff involved.

Best
Loco

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/huel...23912&idcat=26
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

30 CM or (12 inch) wide crack, (hardly a crack) is very dodgy
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:01 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thought I would post some photos of some of the building work on the townhouses.

The paths from the gate to the front door are slated (not sure if I like it). They are tarmacing the road around the townhouses. And a picture of what the communal bins will be hidden behind.

Sam
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0001.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0002.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0004.jpg  
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Those paths are common in Spain, but usually they are laid on and jointed with cement not soil
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:38 am
UGS
Just Joined

UGS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,can Anyone Tell Me Where To Go In Huelva To Get My Nie Number,i Have Downloaded The Form Off The Internet And Filled It In.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi and welcome UGS,

The building is down by the Dock Gates its address is on the Avenida Sur at the corner the Avenida de Mejico but the entrance is on Mejico opposite the dock gates. Do make sure that you have filled out the form correctly and all within the boxes and that you have passport sized photographs with you and have sufficient copies of everything with you.

This topic has been done to death on this and other threads on this site and may I suggest you trawl back through to find previous posts to be sure of the requirements.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by UGS
Hi ,can Anyone Tell Me Where To Go In Huelva To Get My Nie Number,i Have Downloaded The Form Off The Internet And Filled It In.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:03 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Hi Sam - just heard from my solicitor.....our completion date is between 23 Jan and 10 Feb!!!!! Whoooooopppppeeeee! At last I can get rid of those sofas and chairs. Hope you are both well. Anyone else heard?

CSR

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

Thought I would post some photos of some of the building work on the townhouses.

The paths from the gate to the front door are slated (not sure if I like it). They are tarmacing the road around the townhouses. And a picture of what the communal bins will be hidden behind.

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.