Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Dantill
Calling all Plot Owners!

As its now nearly 4 months since we should have completed on our plot does anybody have any news other than what I have just been told that completion will not take place until mains electric and water is on.

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Hi I spoke to Fadesa 2 days ago to book my snagging trip for my duplex on M6.

My friend who also bought in M6 was there last month. The story then was that he could complete if he wanted - but they advised him not to. We both thought it strange as Fadesa should want the money. Add this to the fact that mortgage valuation trips are not being allowed and we both felt "there was something they were not telling us"

2 days ago I was encouraged to complete when there in April , and was told that by May Fadesa would start insisting on completions. The habitation license was due "any day now"

Note that I wasnt pushing for completion, I even told them I could wait.

So the story is changing. I dont know what the true situation is still - and I personally still think that June is more likely.. or even later (I wont be surprised)

On another point - I have stayed at the Don Diego before as its so easy to get into town and a good price (leaving more dosh for food + drink). But thought about the Atlantico as everyone is so positive about it. However it was expensive at 90 Euros a night. (From 18 April i.e after Easter) I made an internet reservation for another 5star hotel VINCCI SELECCION CANELA GOLF - does anyone have any info /feedback about it (my reservation is cancelable for a few days). Any good? Things nearby? etc

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Jon-Bxl,

I don't think it is anything to be alarmed about. I was also told back in February that I could complete if and when I wanted to but that this would give me no access to my plot. Thats what I wanted to do my surveys so there was no point.

The problem seems to revolve around the services gas, water and electricity. They are not all available in all areas at the correct quantity.

So Fadesa say the building is there you can buy it but you might have to wait to occupy/ use it till we get all the services functioning correctly. I think Dantil just posted to this effect regarding his plot. Now they are letting plotters do their physical surveys it is not a problem for us since we would not want to live in for some time yet.

But for you house and apartment people it is different. Later in the year you might get by with just water but your Abrogado might advise against signing because of all the scare stories elsewhere in Spain.

If you recall Carlos the Bank signed back in September with water, no gas and electricity on a generator but he did in Madrid with his local Notario the Spaniards seem much more relaxed about these things.

It all boils down to poor forward planning by Fadesa even if the services people should have provide all that is required they should have aimed off because they must know from experience elsewhere that these companies are unreliable.

Regards keep smiling and look forward to a good year,

John.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

My friend who also bought in M6 was there last month. The story then was that he could complete if he wanted - but they advised him not to. We both thought it strange as Fadesa should want the money. Add this to the fact that mortgage valuation trips are not being allowed and we both felt "there was something they were not telling us"

2 days ago I was encouraged to complete when there in April , and was told that by May Fadesa would start insisting on completions. The habitation license was due "any day now"

So the story is changing. I dont know what the true situation is still - and I personally still think that June is more likely.. or even later (I wont be surprised)

On another point - I have stayed at the Don Diego before as its so easy to get into town and a good price (leaving more dosh for food + drink). But thought about the Atlantico as everyone is so positive about it. However it was expensive at 90 Euros a night. (From 18 April i.e after Easter) I made an internet reservation for another 5star hotel VINCCI SELECCION CANELA GOLF - does anyone have any info /feedback about it (my reservation is cancelable for a few days). Any good? Things nearby? etc

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jon
Hi we stayed there last year for one night . Is ok but 2 things struck me as odd. 1, the bar in the hotel is someones idea of a joke.Effectively is a bookcase/drinks cabinet that they open up, really wierd, kept expecting it to be like the Tardis but alas no , what you see is what you get or don't see for that matter.2, I dont know whether it was just our room but bathroom/toilet
is seperated from bedroom by frosted glass that you can still see through with
six inch gap between frosted door, floor and ceiling. So you can see all evil and hear all evil if you know what I mean.I'm broad minded but bit off putting.
On plus side got nice pool and terrace and if you go to golf clubhouse which is 100 yards or so from hotel they have nice bar with terrace and they do food.If you don,t know where hotel is its about halfway between Ayamonte and Isla Canella on road to Isla Canella on left hand side.If you are staying just few nights is fine but longer than that could be a drag if you don't take your clubs with you.

God luckTony
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Is
is seperated from bedroom by frosted glass that you can still see through with
six inch gap between frosted door, floor and ceiling. So you can see all evil and hear all evil if you know what I mean.I'm broad minded but bit off putting.
On plus side got nice pool and terrace and if you go to golf clubhouse which is 100 yards or so from hotel they have nice bar with terrace and they do food.If you don,t know where hotel is its about halfway between Ayamonte and Isla Canella on road to Isla Canella on left hand side.If you are staying just few nights is fine but longer than that could be a drag if you don't take your clubs with you.

God luckTony
Hi

Ah yes, forgot about the bathroom scenario, most strange, beautifully comfy beds though.

Actually, the Vincci is on Isla Canela, as soon as you go over the little bridge you have entered Canela.

Tricia
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Haven’t made any contributions for a while as I’ve been a bit preoccupied. Jan and I completed on our Rago 2 apartment in January but have thus far been unable to get out to Esuri to sort things out (Jan had a bad car crash in November, getting better now though).

On the subject of hotels. Has anyone stayed at The Guadiana in Vila Real? I can’t find a website for it and none of the booking agents have it listed, it looks a nice hotel with, I imagine, great views over the river. Failing that does anyone have any suggestions for other hotels on the Portuguese side of the river?

I had a call from Paula from the shed the other day to let me know one of our neighbours have changed the lock to our access gate or something and I need to pick up a new key from Fadesa when I next go out. What’s that all about. Do any other Rago 2 Block 2 owners know anything?http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=3392022#

Regards
Chris
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Do you think we should be concerned? After all, this is allegedly the biggest development in Huelva district.......

:scared:

Huelva mentioned

Karen

PS - I'm not one to worry usually, so I'm not trying to create a problem when there isn't one.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi billybassett,

Biggest development in Spain I think! Perhaps even Europe.

Originally Posted by billybassett
Do you think we should be concerned? After all, this is allegedly the biggest development in Huelva district.......

:scared:

Huelva mentioned

Karen

PS - I'm not one to worry usually, so I'm not trying to create a problem when there isn't one.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Ragomuffin,

Puts our winges about delays in perspective, best wishes and a speedy complete recovery to Jan.

We have stayed a lot on the Portuguese side of the river. Always at Tavira in one of two hotel the Villa Gale Tavira and the Hotel Porta Nova both four star and which one depends on price. Tried to find something nearer and looked at the Guadiana its a 3* and looks very nice a real colonial feel about it and right on the ferry but never seen it on any of the websites I use

Regards,

John
Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi All,

Haven’t made any contributions for a while as I’ve been a bit preoccupied. Jan and I completed on our Rago 2 apartment in January but have thus far been unable to get out to Esuri to sort things out (Jan had a bad car crash in November, getting better now though).

On the subject of hotels. Has anyone stayed at The Guadiana in Vila Real? I can’t find a website for it and none of the booking agents have it listed, it looks a nice hotel with, I imagine, great views over the river. Failing that does anyone have any suggestions for other hotels on the Portuguese side of the river?

I had a call from Paula from the shed the other day to let me know one of our neighbours have changed the lock to our access gate or something and I need to pick up a new key from Fadesa when I next go out. What’s that all about. Do any other Rago 2 Block 2 owners know anything?http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=3392022#

Regards
Chris
Old Mar 30th 2006, 12:38 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi All,

Regards
Chris

Yes, we stayed in the Guardiana in Oct 04 on our inspection trip - VERY old fashioned. We were only B&B, but plenty of places to eat/drink in Villa Real. Shower leaked all over the bathroom floor as I recall, too! Personally prefer something a bit more modern, but it is very charming and the breakfast room has great views over the river.

Sharon
Old Mar 30th 2006, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Ragomuffin,

Puts our winges about delays in perspective, best wishes and a speedy complete recovery to Jan.

We have stayed a lot on the Portuguese side of the river. Always at Tavira in one of two hotel the Villa Gale Tavira and the Hotel Porta Nova both four star and which one depends on price. Tried to find something nearer and looked at the Guadiana its a 3* and looks very nice a real colonial feel about it and right on the ferry but never seen it on any of the websites I use

Regards,

John
Thanks for those kind words John. I’m sure a bit of R&R in the sun will prove the best therapy of all.

We went to Tavira a couple of years ago and really liked it but we’re really looking for somewhere a bit nearer to the border as we will be flitting backwards and forwards getting the apartment sorted. In light of Sharon’s reply I think I’ll give up on The Guadiana. We stayed at The Alcazar in Monte Gordo before so I think I’ll give them another try.

Thanks again
Chris
Old Mar 30th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola,
Just catching up on today's news...
Ragomuffin: I'm sure we all echo the same sentiments for Jan's speedy recovery. All the best! Also, this hotel link might be helpful:http://www.hotelius.com/reservas_hot...r/default.aspx
jono6359: Belen, isn't she the senorita from Fadesa that had the bad press in an earlier post? I'd be surprised if a reply was forthcoming. But then, you never know unless you try...
Re: "White Whale" /Huelva mentioned. Karen, I'll read this in full later on. Made me think, though: why choose a photo displaying all her "bling"? And, poor girl, having her liposucion operation mentioned in the same article! Some people (politicians/press?) will never learn...
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 30th 2006 at 4:27 am.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:26 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi

Ah yes, forgot about the bathroom scenario, most strange, beautifully comfy beds though.

Actually, the Vincci is on Isla Canela, as soon as you go over the little bridge you have entered Canela.

Tricia
Thanks for all the feedback and PMs about the hotels - very useful!

Weird about the Bathrooms in Vincci..... never heard anything like it!

BTW living in Belgium, the RIU website senses it and does not allow me to open the UK page - and the Belgian page does not have the on-line booking. How silly is that! Probably some 'cookie' thing that has taken control of my computer. I had to call Riu's on-line service dept and they could not help me and quoted me these prices

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:05 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

BTW living in Belgium, the RIU website senses it and does not allow me to open the UK page - and the Belgian page does not have the on-line booking. How silly is that! Probably some 'cookie' thing that has taken control of my computer. I had to call Riu's on-line service dept and they could not help me and quoted me these prices

Thanks
Jon
We booked the Riu through medhotels.com and got a good deal, try them.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon

We stayed in the Vincci last year and thought it was very nice. Yes the "bar" is a bit strange but we took the table alongside and ended up with bottle being left on our table!
Yes the glazed bathroom door is weird but you sort of forget it after a while and the rest of hotel makes up for it.
We had our breakfast and evening meal in the hotel and it was excellent.

The website address for The Hotel Guadiana which shows pictures of rooms and rates etc is www.hotelguadiana.com.pt we havent actually stayed their.

We got fed up waiting for completion on our plot and have just returned from 1 week in Agadir, 3.30hrs flight time, Hotel wonderful, our room overlooking beach very luxurious and food superb...., weather 24 - 28 all the time. People very friendly, no hassling. So back to England and the rain - yes I know we need the water tables topping up but it makes us even more frustrated at the delays.

Congrats to everybody completing on your properties and keep posting the pictures it will keep us going for the next few months...

Regards

Lynn & Dave

Regards

Lynn
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi All
I have recently been up Manzan6 (March 18) the development up the hill by the tent,the town houses I think.
I was looking for the apartments but I went to the wrong development,its not very well sign posted yet.
I have 20 odd photos of the pool,area,walkways,& various houses especially Nos.1,2 & 3
If anyone would like a copy of them PM me with your address & I will send you a copy on CD
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.