Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Woodzie
With all the news of so many actually signing now, we think it is about time[we thought about finalising our ideas for furniture, etc. We have done a couple of reccie visits and window shopped from Faro to Huelva, plus Ikea of course, and have put together some likes and dislikes (in our heads). I guess we will probably still go through the whole thing again but luckily we think most purchases will be local - good old Ayamonte. However, we have just realised - how do we pay for it? It's not that bad we still have a few shillings left, but can anyone suggest the best way to pay - Cash, English Cheque, English Plastic, Spanish Cheque, Spanish Plastic or whatever and for that matter what payment types do these kinds of stores accept. Appreciate any useful comments. Also, does anyone know if it is cost affective to take small amount of cash say up to £10,000 to transfer at the local Banks. To-date, we have always done a wire transfer form NatWest to XE Trade for currency exchange with forward wire transfer to Banco de Andalucia

Regards Nigel and Kim
We use Visa, but let them know you are using it is Spain. Occasionally we had to verify by phone that a large amount was genuine (5000 Euros),but also we have transferred an amount to our bank in Ayamonte also to cover
direct debits etc The community charge for apartments will be about 45 euros a month.

Mike and Carol
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 5:42 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
John

That pic of the flowers outside the townhouse was ours, and yes when they have all grown up should look really good. Thay have put flexible water pipes under the plants for drip watering all along the front of the townhouses.

Good spot re the measure etc. yes we were busy measuring and doing a preliminary snagging. We will do the proper one when we have completed and we have power.

Mike
Hi

Pictures look good - and the weather looks fantastic. Are you Manzana 1? The view of the bridge from your terrace is fab.

Sharon
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Picture 3 on my last post is the new developer who has now started. They have a very nice show apartment just past the shed on the right as you start to enter Esuri.

Just a few more pics

Mike & Di

Mike & Di

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures. Good to see the irrigation system working on Golf 1.

It just goes to show with a few young plants already showing some colour how much can be achieved with a little planting. Its all going to look gorgeous. Though they are taking their time landscaping a lot of detail work seem to be going on which is nice to see. Imagine how it will all look by this time next year.

Dave & Lynn

Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Top effort Mike and Diane! Excellent Pictures. Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Mike and Diane,

Spring will be a profusion of flowers along your streets if they have done that.

I have just treated myself to a new 19" high resolution flat screen monitor and when I download the thumbnails most appear filling about 2/3rds of this screen. Most of these then have an enlargement button in the bottom right hand corner when the download is fully complete. If I click on that it gives me a picture that must be 25" square and by scrolling around you pick up amazing detail. You have been warned.

The quality of some of the photo's now being posted is truly amazing you can read detail at big sizes and sometimes the colours are breathtaking.

Well done to all the photographers out there.

Regards,

John.
John

That pic of the flowers outside the townhouse was ours, and yes when they have all grown up should look really good. Thay have put flexible water pipes under the plants for drip watering all along the front of the townhouses.

Good spot re the measure etc. yes we were busy measuring and doing a preliminary snagging. We will do the proper one when we have completed and we have power.

Mike
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

pt1188 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I spoke to Fadesa 2 days ago to book my snagging trip for my duplex on M6.

My friend who also bought in M6 was there last month. The story then was that he could complete if he wanted - but they advised him not to. We both thought it strange as Fadesa should want the money. Add this to the fact that mortgage valuation trips are not being allowed and we both felt "there was something they were not telling us"

2 days ago I was encouraged to complete when there in April , and was told that by May Fadesa would start insisting on completions. The habitation license was due "any day now"

Note that I wasnt pushing for completion, I even told them I could wait.

So the story is changing. I dont know what the true situation is still - and I personally still think that June is more likely.. or even later (I wont be surprised)

On another point - I have stayed at the Don Diego before as its so easy to get into town and a good price (leaving more dosh for food + drink). But thought about the Atlantico as everyone is so positive about it. However it was expensive at 90 Euros a night. (From 18 April i.e after Easter) I made an internet reservation for another 5star hotel VINCCI SELECCION CANELA GOLF - does anyone have any info /feedback about it (my reservation is cancelable for a few days). Any good? Things nearby? etc

Thanks
Jon
Jon
We've just returned from checking out CE & stayed at Vincci Seleccion Canela Golf - we paid 110 for 2 nights stay. The room was very comfrotable with seperate bath & walk-in shower, but I must say that the hotel itself seemed quite quiet and we did not eat at their restaurant at all. There is free internet access in their 24 hour library, which I found usefeul. We played at the on-site golf course.
On a seperate note, has anyone bought any of the furniture/ aircon packs from any of the many agents dealing with it, if so, what are the average costs working out at? and any recommendations. Or is it worth the hassle of doing it on your own.
Rgds
Peter & Audrey
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pt1188
Jon

On a seperate note, has anyone bought any of the furniture/ aircon packs from any of the many agents dealing with it, if so, what are the average costs working out at? and any recommendations. Or is it worth the hassle of doing it on your own.
Rgds
Peter & Audrey
Hello Peter

I'm sure people have lots of help for you on this. Alternatively if you look on the www.eyeonislacanela.com site you will find an extremely long thread on the discussion forums with lots of peoples experiences/advice.

I know lots of you read the site for tips anyway but incase you didn't know,
it will have a live webcam over the guadiana from the furniture frontera shop (actually, Trevor who runs it has furniture packages). They say it will be up and running Tuesday or Wednesday. If nothing else it will give you something to look at while you're waiting to complete

Tricia
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
" I hope jdr's post was correct; there are such things, and there've been posts elsewhere on another thread about paying the fine."
????????????????????? I have been here a little while and everything I write is correcto as far as I know
Hola,
Sorry, jdr, lo siento mucho, poor choice of words on my part! Didn't mean to get your dander up!
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Thanks so much for all your advice. Nigel will be well impressed but I have just dropped him off at hospital to have a new hip, I'm sure he will read with interest on his return. Thanks to all. Kim
Hi Kim,
Sending best wishes for a good recovery to Nigel!
Mike and Diane's photos will be like a tonic. Thank you both for posting the pics! You're lucky to have such a lovely view from your terrace of the bridge!
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 3:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola,
Sorry, jdr, lo siento mucho, poor choice of words on my part! Didn't mean to get your dander up!
Regards,
Carol
No problem
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Buenas tardes ,
Just had another look again at townhouse photos, and noticed that there is a gatepost/barrier (raised in the photo, with red stripes) at the street sign for Lomas de Esuri? Are there other street barriers throughout CE?
Thanks,
Carol
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Buenas tardes ,
Just had another look again at townhouse photos, and noticed that there is a gatepost/barrier (raised in the photo, with red stripes) at the street sign for Lomas de Esuri? Are there other street barriers throughout CE?
Thanks,
Carol
There was one at manzana six townhouses when we visited in Jan .
Guy from shed said owners will have card entry to open them for access
to the roads to their houses.. keeps the riff raff out or maybe in, not to sure..
Not much use against the mozzies though,they will just slip underneath.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Not much use against the mozzies though,they will just slip underneath.

Anyone know if similar street barriers are in use for RMA Pueblo Andaluz?
Carol
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:41 am
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

OH OH OH.........THE RIFF RAFF............WHAT OR WHO IS THAT......ANYONE WHO HASNT BOUGHT A HOUSE IN COSTA ESURI........THAT MAKES A FEW THOUSAND MILLION OF US MERE MORTALS............oh my god i feel so lacking,think ill turn myself in for extermination
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

few more pics
Hi there

Perhaps you can help us reach a decision - visited this site at the weekend - stayed at the Vincci - very nice. Have a 48 hour reserve on a 2 bed apartment Rago 1 - anyone bought there?. I am still nervous about the whole thing - did any of you use the Fedesa mortgage - if it 25 years I will be more than 1 foot in the grave (possibly) but they seemed vague on whether we could adjust the arrangements.

Have some great pics of building sites but cannot figure how to insert a picture

Loved Ayamonte - had a great weekend - liked the beaches etc - big decision - but worried if I don't do it prices will go up again - I met a couple who had just moved in and their 2 bed had gone up 40, 000 euros in the 2 years or thereabouts.

How long do you feel it will be before it starts to look less like a building site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.