Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:57 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi to everyone from sunny Ayamonte. We are out here for a weeks holiday, and of course, to find out about progress on Costa Esuri. We have bought an Apartment on Rago 2 Bloque 8, and as you can see from the photos, the work on the Apartments themselves must be almost complete. There is still a lot left to do on the infrastructure. Bloques 1-6 are further advanced (you can actually see some grass around the pool area !), but seeding is yet to take place around our bloque. We did an inspection visit to the Apartment on Saturday evening, and the finish to the interior looks good to an untrained eye. It was great to actually get into the place, after waiting a year since we signed up, and we can’t wait for completion, when we can start furnishing the place.

The bridge is still not open, so it’s a rough ride around the dirt roads to get to tarmac roads next to the Apartments.

Fadesa now have a company called Conforta (www.conforta.org) in the shed, who are offering furniture packs, and also access to all the services required, such as power and water connection, key holding services, air-conditioning, white goods etc. It looks like they sub contract for all of this, just taking a commission, so we will probably be selective on which, if any, of their services we use.

What has happened to Sugar Reef in Isla Canella ? Has it changed hands ? After spending so many enjoyable evenings there last year, we were looking forward to our first evening there last Wednesday. Whilst the food was OK, I was disappointed to find they don’t do deserts (I do like my puds !). Even worse, when we visited last night, after ordering our drinks, they told us they don’t do food on a Sunday evening, even though the board advertising food was still outside. Anyway, the disappointment of this was tempered by the fact that we have spent two very pleasant evenings eating at the Bella Napoli (opposite the Sugar Reef), which wasn’t open when we visited last October. The food was very good, and a nice friendly atmosphere created by the couple from New Zealand who own the place. We have also had a nice meal at the Outback.

I see the weather in the UK is not so good at the moment. I’ll try not to fret too much as I play golf in shorts today !

Hi

Photos look good - particularly interested in the pool area - the pool looks to be a good size ... do you know if all the pools are the same size? We have a town house and on the plan I have for RVA4 all the townhouse pools look to be the same - are they the same size as your pool on Rago?

Enjoy your golf in the sun!
Sharon
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:10 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi

Photos look good - particularly interested in the pool area - the pool looks to be a good size ... do you know if all the pools are the same size? We have a town house and on the plan I have for RVA4 all the townhouse pools look to be the same - are they the same size as your pool on Rago?

Enjoy your golf in the sun!
Sharon
Hola Sharon,

When we were out there in May we asked at the hangar about the sizes of the pools. We`ve got a house on manzana 4 and was told the pool was 80 metres sq. I`m sure she said it was the same for all town house manzanas.
Everytime a picture of the pools gets posted on the forum I can envisage myself lying there soaking up the sun. Its getting very near now and we`re counting the days in this house. My family are never off the internet looking at flight prices to come and visit us, even they are counting the days lol.

Sam
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

GEORGE&YVONNE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Pete,

We`ve not heard a thing from Fadesa since we got the letter about arranging inspection trips to Esuri. All we have received is a standard email from Pelayos office that I pressume went out to all his clients who have bought on Esuri. It just says completions will probably start mid November and about power of attourney etc. Have you heard of anyone receiving completion notices on the town houses yet?

Sam
Hi Sam
We have some information that may be of interest. Went to see our Manzana 2 townhouse on Thursday having arranged an appointment, as instructed in Fadesa's letter, with a view to completing in a few weeks, again as advised by them. Unfortunately, we did not see our actual house but did get to see one of the same type. We are hoping to see OUR house soon!! but are still waiting to find out when.
What is concerning us more is that our lawyer Pelayo and our agent have said that there is no chance of completion taking place in November or even December. They reckon on it being end of January at the very earliest.
We will try to update you with more news when we find anything out.
We know that you are planning to come out soon Sam and obviously this must be of great concern to you sorry to be the bearers of bad news.
Regards
George & Yvonne
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:16 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GEORGE&YVONNE
Hi Sam
We have some information that may be of interest. Went to see our Manzana 2 townhouse on Thursday having arranged an appointment, as instructed in Fadesa's letter, with a view to completing in a few weeks, again as advised by them. Unfortunately, we did not see our actual house but did get to see one of the same type. We are hoping to see OUR house soon!! but are still waiting to find out when.
What is concerning us more is that our lawyer Pelayo and our agent have said that there is no chance of completion taking place in November or even December. They reckon on it being end of January at the very earliest.
We will try to update you with more news when we find anything out.
We know that you are planning to come out soon Sam and obviously this must be of great concern to you sorry to be the bearers of bad news.
Regards
George & Yvonne
Hi George and Yvonne,

I think you could be right in the fact that completions may not take place till January. We are hoping it will be sooner, but its not looking that way. We are still going to move out there in December and rent until we can move up to Esuri. It will give us time to settle into the area and hopefully get to know some of the locals etc.
I think it is ridiculous that as arranged you were going to inspect your house, and then couldn`t go in. So now you have to spend more money on flights to hopefully inspect again.
My main concern at the moment is the bridge. I have been told by two reliable people that there is grave concern about the structure of it. Does anyone know the reasons Fadesa are giving for the delay?

Sam
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:30 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi George and Yvonne,

I think you could be right in the fact that completions may not take place till January. We are hoping it will be sooner, but its not looking that way. We are still going to move out there in December and rent until we can move up to Esuri. It will give us time to settle into the area and hopefully get to know some of the locals etc.
I think it is ridiculous that as arranged you were going to inspect your house, and then couldn`t go in. So now you have to spend more money on flights to hopefully inspect again.
My main concern at the moment is the bridge. I have been told by two reliable people that there is grave concern about the structure of it. Does anyone know the reasons Fadesa are giving for the delay?

Sam
Sam here is a copy of what I put up on the site 21/6/05

Not sure how true this is but I have heard the bridge on esuri has subsided by some 60cm and has but the work back by about 8 weeks. does anyone know any more ?.

Ted
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

................Fadesa now have a company called Conforta (www.conforta.org) in the shed, who are offering furniture packs, and also access to all the services required, such as power and water connection, key holding services, air-conditioning, white goods etc. It looks like they sub contract for all of this, just taking a commission, so we will probably be selective on which, if any, of their services we use.......!
Hi everybody I thought Id share with you an idea regarding furniture: I have found a company that will deliver furniture from IKEA just outside Seville. Like or hate IKEA, one good thing is that one can pre-select all the stuff over at home (I am sure their furniture is generic across Europe) and then make a trip to IKEA... IKEA pricing isnt bad, and depending on what you buy the transport cost isnt too bad. IKEA also have a website in Spain

I have contacted Liz Harrison at Don Campo - (details below): She has been very helpful andf responsive. She has given me a quote (subject to change) of 160Euos for pick up and delivery to your home. I have her permission to cut and paste her email below, with the relevant details:

Regards
Jon

Our Quotation to meet you at Ikea Seville, load your purchases into our
van, transport them to your property in Ayamonte and carry them in for
you is 160 euros (one hundred and sixty euros).

We would need you to confirm that we can park at your property and to
let us know if we would have stairs to climb. Our van internal
dimensions are 3.7m long x 1.7m wide x 1.8m high but it would be useful
if you could give us a rough idea of what you intend to purchase.

The procedure is that you come up to Seville and do your shopping then
phone us approx 40 minutes before you will be ready to leave the store.
We then drive from our home in the van and meet you there.

Do not hesitate to get back to me if you have any questions or
concerns.

Liz Harrison

Mobile: 656 63 10 01

Last edited by Sue; Oct 24th 2005 at 12:02 am. Reason: Not wise to give someone's home telephone No on a public forum. (Even if they've given permission)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Just got back from a few days in Ayamonte and thought I'd bring you up to date. We were able to view our apartment on Manzana 7 and were very impressed by the standard of finish and very few snags that we found. We were shown around by Davide who told us that he didn't expect completion until February, and quite honestly looking at all the work that has to be done around the place I think he could be right. Quite impressed by the security fencing around the manzanas with parking for residents cars within the secure area.

The air conditioning units are to be situated in the false ceiling in the bathroom (we have bought an apartment in the Andalusian Village) and will be ducted through the vents that are already installed. The motor will be situated on the duplex roof, I presume in a specially designated area, with a separate access area for installation, repairs etc.

Prices for a 2 bed apartment - hot/cold supply - from Conforta are as follows:
Fujitsu 6020 K/H 2069 euros supplied and fitted
Mitsubishi 6536 F/H 2920.88 euros supplied and fitted.
Both prices include taxes, guarantees etc.

For utility connection Conforta are quoting with a company called Contreras. Administration fees are a total of 120.06 euros with an initial payment of 100-200 euros to each company. Electricity is 18-21 euros each 2 months + usage. Gas 17 euros each 2 months + usage and water/waste 21 euros each 2 months + usage. We showed these figures to our solicitor who seemed to be happy for us to sign up with Contreras.

The bridge is still not open but I wonder if this is a stalling tactic to stop people from roaming over the site. We tried to have a look around before we came home yesterday as there were no workmen about but there were security guards on the road leading into the site and we weren't able to get access.

I have taken some photos and if there any that are different to those already posted I will post them later.

Jean & John
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
Nice to have you back Gerry where you bin?
Work work work - to pay for the esuri (ad)venture! Looks like things have moved on. Haven't heard anything from Fadesa. Looks like a few delays in the air - nothing too bad though....given the size of the undertaking I think its pretty good going!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
Gerry don't tell me you've only just sobered up since the slam to write your first post!
Hick! Yep ...be better in Esuri though..
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:20 am
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

Hi to everyone from sunny Ayamonte. We are out here for a weeks holiday, and of course, to find out about progress on Costa Esuri. We have bought an Apartment on Rago 2 Bloque 8, and as you can see from the photos, the work on the Apartments themselves must be almost complete. There is still a lot left to do on the infrastructure. Bloques 1-6 are further advanced (you can actually see some grass around the pool area !), but seeding is yet to take place around our bloque. We did an inspection visit to the Apartment on Saturday evening, and the finish to the interior looks good to an untrained eye. It was great to actually get into the place, after waiting a year since we signed up, and we can’t wait for completion, when we can start furnishing the place.

The bridge is still not open, so it’s a rough ride around the dirt roads to get to tarmac roads next to the Apartments.

Fadesa now have a company called Conforta (www.conforta.org) in the shed, who are offering furniture packs, and also access to all the services required, such as power and water connection, key holding services, air-conditioning, white goods etc. It looks like they sub contract for all of this, just taking a commission, so we will probably be selective on which, if any, of their services we use.

What has happened to Sugar Reef in Isla Canella ? Has it changed hands ? After spending so many enjoyable evenings there last year, we were looking forward to our first evening there last Wednesday. Whilst the food was OK, I was disappointed to find they don’t do deserts (I do like my puds !). Even worse, when we visited last night, after ordering our drinks, they told us they don’t do food on a Sunday evening, even though the board advertising food was still outside. Anyway, the disappointment of this was tempered by the fact that we have spent two very pleasant evenings eating at the Bella Napoli (opposite the Sugar Reef), which wasn’t open when we visited last October. The food was very good, and a nice friendly atmosphere created by the couple from New Zealand who own the place. We have also had a nice meal at the Outback.

I see the weather in the UK is not so good at the moment. I’ll try not to fret too much as I play golf in shorts today !
goodevening i would be happy to give you a quote for air con my contact is 0034666962106 direct no commissions involved
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Hi George and Yvonne,

Sam
Tried to tell you in April that Fadesa claimed it would be December for the first releases and January for the next, it has always been down to problems with the infrastructure however I do not feel there is any need for concern as Fadesa are such a big company with an excellent reputation-ps I don't work for them!
NED
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody

Nice article on Xmas in Spain: Looking forward to it in 2007!

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...-in-spain.aspx

Regards
Jon
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Hi All

There has been a lot of speculation regarding the bridge and utilities. This morning I phoned Fasesa in Baker Street London to get the latest situation. I received a reply from a Melissa after two hours research and she told me this:-

a) Apparently the bridge is now open.
b) There is no problem with the supply of electricity and water.
c) The earliest completions will be able to go ahead from early December.

If you have doubts regarding this information I suggest you bombard Fadesa in London with similar questions and give us all feedback.

Their number is 0207-486-6500

Graham G
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Peter Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Ayamonte - Costa Esuri

The other thread was getting very long and had of late gone WAY OFF topic so I've closed it and started this one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

Please continue your discussion here.
Hi, have just discovered this site, had fun reading the previous thread. We have bought an apartment on Esuri. Rago 2 Block 6. Went out to view it last weekend, don't like the brown colour scheme. Found lots of info. about furniture, T.Vs etc. and also a chap who acts as a translator if anyone needs one.
Is anyone going to be out there over the Christmas and New Year period? Would be fun to meet up with neighbours.
from Pete and Brenda from Hampshire

Last edited by Peter Rogers; Oct 25th 2005 at 4:35 am.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:38 am
Just Joined

chelski is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hi, have just discovered this site, had fun reading the previous thread. We have bought an apartment on Esuri. Rago 2 Block 6. Went out to view it last weekend, don't like the brown colour scheme. Found lots of info. about furniture, T.Vs etc. and also a chap who acts as a translator if anyone needs one.
Is anyone going to be out there over the Christmas and New Year period? Would be fun to meet up with neighbours.
from Pete and Brenda from Hampshire
hi peter could you tell me wat you found out about furniture im looking for something rustic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.