Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Peter Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by phantom phixer
Peter, please read my letter Ayamonte-Costa Esuri- Part 2 - Page 84 and stick with Ikea.
Couldn't get to page 84, seems like they only go from 1 to 12 but Ikea seems to be the most likely option anyway.

Thanks, Pete
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola! Que tal?
Sam & John,
"How did it end up?" How did it ever start! In case we fall "fowl" of the moderator, and go off topic, I have heard that in the Huelva coast/Portuguese Algarve it is traditional to serve salted cod (bacalao) at Xmas. Any culinary aficionados out here? (oops, sorry, maybe new thread?)
Carol
P.S. I realised too late when registering that there was another John and Carol. My apologies. Pleased to chat to all of you.
[QUOTE=sam parky]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,

I'm intrigued what was "swangate" as a newcomer I missed it, Did people really break in to Hotels?

Regards,

John

Ah yes, swangate. I had a titter to myself when I read Carol and Johns (I`m going to get confused, theres also a John and Carol on the forum ) post yesterday. How did it end up? Are we all going round to Andy s`s for a roast swan xmas dinner or did I get my big posh oven to cook it round at mine? Lol.

Sam
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy C
We are using the services of Miguel A Gallardo, and have received similar documentation for POA. To date, we are happy with the services provided by Miguel. Of course, a lot of our information has been provided by this thread and Spain Forum! If you would like to send a private e-mail to us, please do so. Not sure how one does this (maybe click on the name?) John, hopefully, can provide some answers/reassurance.
Thread information on POA recommends using a different lawyer from the estate agent's, and, clearly stating from the very begining what you would wish your lawyer to do for you (yes, you are right, there was mention a "limited" power of attorney). It's communication, communication, communication, yet again. I know there has to be an amount of faith/trust/goodwill (take your pick) on both sides.
Regards,
Carol

On a different subject I seem to remember some info regarding Power of attorney arrangements but cant find it.
I have just received forms to fill in for this and am aghast at what they want.Limited company ,Spanish directors, power to arrange loans open accounts etc etc etc .Basically they want the power to run my life.I am obviosly not going to sign this .What is the name of the POA I need to just give the power to complete the purchase?
Any views would be welcome.
The Abogado concerned is Miguel A Gallardo. has anyone had similar dealings with him?
Cheers
Andy C[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Andy C
We are using the services of Miguel A Gallardo, and have received similar documentation for POA. To date, we are happy with the services provided by Miguel. Of course, a lot of our information has been provided by this thread and Spain Forum! If you would like to send a private e-mail to us, please do so. Not sure how one does this (maybe click on the name?) John, hopefully, can provide some answers/reassurance.
Thread information on POA recommends using a different lawyer from the estate agent's, and, clearly stating from the very begining what you would wish your lawyer to do for you (yes, you are right, there was mention a "limited" power of attorney). It's communication, communication, communication, yet again. I know there has to be an amount of faith/trust/goodwill (take your pick) on both sides.
Regards,
Carol

Hi Andy C
Like Carol and John and yourself we have also used Miguel Gallardo and so far no complaints. I too had the same form re POA but simply told them to take out the pieces I did not like (primarily the ability to take out loans). This they did with no fuss at all so I guess it's a case of telling them what you want rather than accepting the standard form.
Cheers
AndyS

On a different subject I seem to remember some info regarding Power of attorney arrangements but cant find it.
I have just received forms to fill in for this and am aghast at what they want.Limited company ,Spanish directors, power to arrange loans open accounts etc etc etc .Basically they want the power to run my life.I am obviosly not going to sign this .What is the name of the POA I need to just give the power to complete the purchase?
The Abogado concerned is Miguel A Gallardo. has anyone had similar dealings with him?
Cheers
Andy C
[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam,

I'm intrigued still it will give us something to talk about in February on the terrace with a glass of red.

Regards,

John.

Ah yes, swangate. I had a titter to myself when I read Carol and Johns (I`m going to get confused, there's also a John and Carol on the forum ) post yesterday. How did it end up? Are we all going round to Andy s`s for a roast swan Xmas dinner or did I get my big posh oven to cook it round at mine? Lol.

Sam [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Peter,

It's there I re-read it. Just go to last in part II and work back.

Regards,

John.

PS all the POA stuff was toward the end of part II as well but there is also other stuff on different threads all worth finding and re-reading

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Couldn't get to page 84, seems like they only go from 1 to 12 but Ikea seems to be the most likely option anyway.

Thanks, Pete

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Oct 29th 2005 at 12:29 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andy C
Info regarding completion delays came from David Suarez in the shed Tel No 959641146

Cheers
Andy C

Hi Andy,

I too had the same concerns and simply removed the elements I did not want included. From memory I removed things like the opening and closing of bank accounts and the arranging of loans in my name.

I left in it just the basics - being able to sign with the notary etc making the necessary arrangements for the utilities.

if you ask his office to email it, you will be able to amend it to suit your needs.

Matt
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:48 pm
Jono

jono6395 will become famous soon enoughjono6395 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sam parky]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,

I'm intrigued what was "swangate" as a newcomer I missed it, Did people really break in to Hotels?

Regards,

John

Ah yes, swangate. I had a titter to myself when I read Carol and Johns (I`m going to get confused, theres also a John and Carol on the forum ) post yesterday. How did it end up? Are we all going round to Andy s`s for a roast swan xmas dinner or did I get my big posh oven to cook it round at mine? Lol.

Sam
Yes, Swangate indeed - I'm never going to escape my first mis-forays into the Spanish language! And yes, Sam, you said you were going to order a nice big oven to cook us all Xmas dinner! Not long now!

On another tack, noticed a few posts about IKEA - I went to the one in Seville last week and it pretty much confirmed my view that:

1. furniture you put together yourself will have zero structural integrity
2. the buying experience will drive you to eating IKEA's hot dogs
3. there are much better shops next door to IKEA and in Ayamonte and Huelva, with better furniture, for not that much more and which dont have the drawbacks associated with 1 and 2 above.

And on the subject of Huelva, people tend to advise you not to bother with it, but I found it excellent for shopping. And there's a great french cake shop in the centre. Def worth a trip.

Here's a pic of the square in Ayamonte last Wednesday!

Jono
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-square_medium.jpg  
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jean & John,
The photos of the Pueblo Andaluz were very much appreciated in our household. Thanks. Are my eyes seeing correctly that the end terrace Manzana 7 duplex/apartments are only 3 floors high? (ie. ground floor apartment, then duplex, as in pics 4 & 5) I had understood that they were all of the same height, as in the brochure.
Regards,
Carol

The photos show ground works still to be carried out; the wooden window frames and security grills and the pool area in Manzana 7.

Jean & John[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 29th 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi Jean & John,
The photos of the Pueblo Andaluz were very much appreciated in our household. Thanks. Are my eyes seeing correctly that the end terrace Manzana 7 duplex/apartments are only 3 floors high? (ie. ground floor apartment, then duplex, as in pics 4 & 5) I had understood that they were all of the same height, as in the brochure.
Regards,
Carol

The photos show ground works still to be carried out; the wooden window frames and security grills and the pool area in Manzana 7.

Jean & John
[/QUOTE]

Hi Carol & John,
No your eyes don't deceive you. I have a grd floor Pueblo Andaluz on Manzana 6 and it is the same; we just have a duplex above us. Don't forget the old adage....never trust an artists impression!!
Keep smiling, it will look great when the pools are filled, the grass has grown and we've all planted up those dinky little wire fences.

Andy
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Carol&John]Hola! Que tal?
Sam & John,
"How did it end up?" How did it ever start! In case we fall "fowl" of the moderator, and go off topic, I have heard that in the Huelva coast/Portuguese Algarve it is traditional to serve salted cod (bacalao) at Xmas. Any culinary aficionados out here? (oops, sorry, maybe new thread?)
Carol
P.S. I realised too late when registering that there was another John and Carol. My apologies. Pleased to chat to all of you.
porgy xmas dinner is traditionaly on xmas eve and is bacalhau cozido originnaly caught buy a large portugese fleet working the grand banks now supplied by norway since we gave all our fish to the french and bolo rei which is a kind of christmas cake and letria filhos which is a sort of milk and sweet pasta thing no mince pies unfortunatly
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks AndyS,
Oh, I'm smiling alright I confused Planta Baja (Ground) with Planta 1a (First). So, I am 2 flights up, as expected. Funny, I was getting to like the idea of climbing only one flight of stairs (especially when it's 30 degrees C plus)!
Best wishes,
Carol
Don't forget the old adage....never trust an artists impression!!
Keep smiling, it will look great when the pools are filled, the grass has grown and we've all planted up those dinky little wire fences.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gracias/Obrigada/thanks Sirrom,
Roast pork (lechon?) sounds good. John would love the puddings (anything sweet)! It reminds me of a holiday a few years back in Medina Sidonia (Cadiz). The nuns in the town's convent would sell handmade sweets (polvorones & yemas), through a small window with a bell on the sill. I wonder if there is such a place in Ayamonte/Huelva?
Carol

porgy xmas dinner is traditionaly on xmas eve and is bacalhau cozido originnaly caught buy a large portugese fleet working the grand banks now supplied by norway since we gave all our fish to the french and bolo rei which is a kind of christmas cake and letria filhos which is a sort of milk and sweet pasta thing no mince pies unfortunatly[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Andy C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy C
Regards,
Carol

Cheers
Andy C
[/QUOTE]

Hi Carol& John and Andy S and Matt

Thanks for response to POA concerns.
I have e-mailed Miguels office with instructions for the degree of POA I require and await their response.Thanks for the help.
regards
Andy C
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:39 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyS
Yup, same happened to us at Seville. We used Crown, booked a roof rack and bingo, they don't have them at all, full stop. We were upgraded to a bread van with windows cut out of the sides....but it did lots of miles to the gallon so not so bad. For anyone needing a roof rack, it's definitely worth getting in touch with the hire company direct to check availability. When I questioned the Crown guy he was adamant that they do not have roof racks for any of their cars. Theyaren't a problem with car hire from Faro so maybe it's a Spanish thing or we're going to the wrong company at Seville. Anyone rented from a different hirer in Seville and got a roof rack?
I always use www.carjet.com. Never tried for a roof rack, but always found them excellent, and they include fully comp insurance. Had a major dent in the front once and it never cost a penny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.