Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Apr 6th 2006, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi A & M,

The difference with the current Spanish regime and the British one is the iniquitous level set for non-residents 35% with no allowances against 15% for residents. This is why the EU commission have found it to be illegal and sent it to the EU court for a ruling.

Lets say you buy at €100.000 and sell at €200.000 with with 10% buying costs. Mine is a plot so there is no improvement until I build but suppose I am not doing that. Then €90.000 is subject to CGT @ 35% - €31.500 add 10% selling costs €20.000 thats €51.500 and there is still loss of interest on capital used and holding costs to add in. The longer I wait to find that certain someone with €200.000 and a love of big bridges the smaller my profit becomes and I understand the Spanish property market is slower than the British one at the moment.

Then lurking around in the background is the vulture from the Inland Revenue. The "double taxation" agreement means that I am allowed to set Spanish tax paid against British tax owed but I suspect that he would not let me go without a token payment, just to make it look right.

So for three years of real sweat and hassle dealing with Fadesa my take home would be minimal.

Two things strike me 1) become a Spanish Resident asap and 2) don't speculate on overseas property markets at times like these. Thank God I am 1) not speculating and 2) hope to have Spanish Tax residency 183 days after I have completed my Villa.

Regards,

John.
[QUOTE=A & M]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi jdr,

As I said yesterday the value of anything is the amount someone else is prepared to give to take it from you. Then you have to factor in all the costs of buying, selling and holding to determine if you have a profit or not These costs under the current Spanish CGT regime are high. If changes happen as a result of the European Court action it will be lower but you then have to factor additional holding costs against lower CGT.

Regards,

John.[/QUOTE

From what I've read about Spanish CGT, the same sort of allowances are available as with UK CGT - i.e. you deduct all initial acquisiton costs (including taxes) plus improvement costs before calculating the tax. And of course the tax is on the gain, not the whole of the resale price. If you bought a second home in the UK, it would be just the same - you can only claim CGT exemption for one home. If Costa Esuri becomes your only home, then presumably you are entitled to Spanish residents' CGT exemption.

The non-residents' CGT rule in Spain sounds to me to be pretty much the same as it is in the UK- but I'm sure someone better-informed than me will tell us if I'm wrong.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Henry Phillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi All
I have recently been up Manzan6 (March 18) the development up the hill by the tent,the town houses I think.
I was looking for the apartments but I went to the wrong development,its not very well sign posted yet.
I have 20 odd photos of the pool,area,walkways,& various houses especially Nos.1,2 & 3
If anyone would like a copy of them PM me with your address & I will send you a copy on CD
Chris
HI Chris

I am a new member, and have purchased a house in Manzana5, we are having problems getting information from Fadesa, would appreciate looking at these photo's you have.
Would you like our email address or home address?

Kind regards

Henry
Old Apr 6th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
We have been wondering whether it is best to sell our apartment at CE, or to try to let it out for a a few years first. But we are unsure about the capital gains tax implications.

If we sell, and then use that money to buy another property in spain, are we still subject to this tax?

Thanks

Keith.

Hi Kieth,
With regard to tax in Spain we have bought and sold property in Spain and we found it to be extremely difficult and very frustrating to understand and practically adhere to all the tax requirements of the non-resident property owner. My husband is an accountant in the UK and he decided to look into this and found it a complete mine field. After much research he has now come to the conclusion that there must be many more people in the same situation as us, and I know this may sound like advertising but he is now in a position to help others, without going into too much detail here you can find out more on the web site www.numerological.co.uk or if you want to send a personal message I will get him to look at it for you.
Regards
Val
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:24 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Henry Phillips
HI Chris

I am a new member, and have purchased a house in Manzana5, we are having problems getting information from Fadesa, would appreciate looking at these photo's you have.

Kind regards

Henry
Hi Henry I have a townhouse on manzana 6 and I spoke to Paula at the shed last week about completions. She told me that manzanas 1,2,3 would be inspected and deeds signed in april. Manzana 4 and 6 would be inspected end of april and deeds signed end of may. Manzana 5 would be last to hand over for what reason I do not know.

Ted
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Henry Phillips,

Welcome to our forum and you have already joined the club! Some of us have been purchasers for 2 or more years without any communication from Fadesa save the receipt 6 weeks after each quarterly payment.

Regards,

John.
HI Chris

Kind regards

Henry
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
Just arrived back from CE and thought some of you who haven't been able to get out there for a while might like to look at the photo's we took. We weren't able to get close to the townhouses but if you zoom in the photo isn't too bad.

Jean & John
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-march-06-001.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-march-06-003.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-march-06-004.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-march-06-007.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-march-06-010.jpg  

Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

HI Chris

Kind regards

Henry
Hi Henry
PM me both that way I can make sure you get a copy
Regards
Chris
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jean&john
...Just arrived back from CE and thought some of you who haven't been able to get out there for a while might like to look at the photo's we took...
Hi Jean & John,
What a star! Thank you for photos of Pueblo Andaluz! Please may I ask of which manzana is the second photo? I can see the river in the background, and what appears to be another manzana behind the one with the pool - could this be manzana 4? Hang on, I think it's manz. 7? Hope you had a good holiday!
Carol
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Jean & John,
What a star! Thank you for photos of Pueblo Andaluz! Please may I ask of which manzana is the second photo? I can see the river in the background, and what appears to be another manzana behind the one with the pool - could this be manzana 4? Hang on, I think it's manz. 7? Hope you had a good holiday!
Carol
Yes Carol, it is Manzana 7. - Jean
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jean&john
Yes Carol, it is Manzana 7. - Jean
Hi Jean, if you have any more of M7 I would love to see them, feel free to e-mail, hope your trip was successful. Kim
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GerryW

Mirador Del Guadiana: Costa Esuri

http://www.titan-properties.com/mirador.htm
Note the 'Botanical Gardens!'

Re-sale plots: http://www.titan-properties.com/costaesuri2.htm
Interesting... they say a 'short walk' to Ayamonte along a promenade... but I think these properties are further away than CE .. does anyone know if I've got it right?

Thanks
Jon
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Interesting... they say a 'short walk' to Ayamonte along a promenade... but I think these properties are further away than CE .. does anyone know if I've got it right?

Thanks
Jon

Hi John

No, as you drive up from the motorway to the parador you can see their sign on the right hand side and the new road being built there, wrapping around the corner. Take a look at their website www.miraguadiana.com. I beleive this is the development responsible for the 'cracking' in the Parador wall.

Tricia
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon, hope you enjoyed your break in the South of France.. If I'm right, the Mirador development is on the land underneath and at the rear of the Parador. When we last stayed there they were doing loads of excavation work, and the manager at the hotel said it was for apartments and the development of the harbour area, new bars, restaurants, and a walkway that would run from where the ferry is up past the parador coming out at the roundabout at the top of the hill as you drive into Ayamonte from the motorway.

So I don't think it will be any good for us. However, it would be great if there was a walkway from CE down to the roundabout. There must be a way of doing it. If not, then the only way to get from CE is by car.

Has anyone asked Fadesa about this?

Karen
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
... Take a look at their website www.miraguadiana.com. I beleive this is the development responsible for the 'cracking' in the Parador wall.
Tricia
Hi Tricia,
I did take a look at the site, and it has some great photos, and a video. The gardens are suppose to be landscaped by Univ. of Huelva, and the area, I think, is called Castillo de la Rodadera, below the Parador, in the Villa district of Ayamonte. It does look very pretty.
Carol
Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi John

No, as you drive up from the motorway to the parador you can see their sign on the right hand side and the new road being built there, wrapping around the corner. Take a look at their website www.miraguadiana.com. I beleive this is the development responsible for the 'cracking' in the Parador wall.

Tricia

Hi Tricia,

Thanks for posting that link. Just finished browsing the site and even as a graphic and web designer myself, I was impressed with the wealth of information and pictures of Ayamonte as well as the simplicity and general ease of navigability of the site. My only criticism would be some of the spelling - 'Wellcome' for example.

Wouldn't it have been nice if Fadesa had produced a site of equal quality in the early days of the development of CE?

Regards
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.