Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,
Are you really really sure!
Regards,
John.
Ooh! You are naughty! Well, as the fat lady sang, "quizas!quizas!quizas!..."
Back to CE... Yes, thanks also Loco & Chris for your good advice. Any news on the street re: the airport out by Lepe/Huelva (or is this a red herring)? How about the webcam, is it working?
Thanks,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Apr 3rd 2006 at 11:15 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Hi there

Perhaps you can help us reach a decision - visited this site at the weekend - stayed at the Vincci - very nice. Have a 48 hour reserve on a 2 bed apartment Rago 1 - anyone bought there?. I am still nervous about the whole thing - did any of you use the Fedesa mortgage - if it 25 years I will be more than 1 foot in the grave (possibly) but they seemed vague on whether we could adjust the arrangements.

Have some great pics of building sites but cannot figure how to insert a picture

Loved Ayamonte - had a great weekend - liked the beaches etc - big decision - but worried if I don't do it prices will go up again - I met a couple who had just moved in and their 2 bed had gone up 40, 000 euros in the 2 years or thereabouts.

How long do you feel it will be before it starts to look less like a building site?
Hi Carol, We have an apartment in Rago 2 - Block 4. Signed the contract 2 years ago when the price was 140,000 Euros. Completion is imminent and we will do this through Spanish Solicitors Pelayo Moron who have English speaking staff. The Apartment is a second floor with a roof terrace, views of the bridge and across to the golf course and we are very pleased with it. As to value, we have been told at least 185,000 by Fadesa staff and local Agents. We have arranged our mortgage with BBVA who seem to offer the best deal. As we bought the property for investment we are looking to sell as soon as possible, so if you are interested in having something ready for occupation now, please send us a pm.
Regards Jan and Robin
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Back to CE... Yes, thanks also Loco & Chris for your good advice. Any news on the street re: the airport out by Lepe/Huelva (or is this a red herring)? How about the webcam, is it working?
Thanks,
Carol[/QUOTE]

No news on the airport that I've heard. Re the webcam, if you're talking about the one on eye on eye on islacanela, just checked and it's not on yet but maybe anytime soon. Glad to see someone was interested

Tricia
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tricia
Thanks,
Carol
No news on the airport that I've heard. Re the webcam, if you're talking about the one on eye on eye on islacanela, just checked and it's not on yet but maybe anytime soon. Glad to see someone was interested

Tricia[/QUOTE]
re Airport according to Oracle "possible locations are Gibraleon, Lepe, Moguer or Cartaya. Also Spain will have another circuit to host Formula One testing in Huelva

Carol and I have spent three weeks in our apartment, and I though I should let others know about our experience.

Costa Esuri to give it is proper name is changing rapidly. The grass along the roads has to be cut weekly as does the grass in the community gardens. There is still work to done especially after the heavy rain which has caused some damage, but men in suits have been around making notes and we think that repair work will be done.

Our apartment (Rago2) looks fine some snagging has been rectified and a further list has been handed in. Over all there is very little to be done in our apartment and we are very pleased with the overall decorating etc.

We did our own cleaning as the Conforta cleaning was poor by our standards. We did see some cleaning by other companies, some of which seemed more thorough. The outside shutters get very dirty with the sand, but a paint brush works well cleaning between each individual shutter. A stiff broom works on the patios especially when dry. The electricity and water and gas is being supplied from the site, but we think this will change shortly and we will have to arrange to have a regular supplier. Conforta are looking after this for us but whether this for everyone I do not know.

Furniture does arrive but we suggest you do not leave it to the last moment to order, unlike our washing machine ordered at 5 pm and they wanted to deliver as 6.pm!!! In the end we asked for delivery at 11 next morning, by 10.15 it was working.

The air-conditioning is fine. We tried the heater component and after 20 minutes had to turn it off as it was so efficient. But beware the mossies come alive but the cheap plug ins with tablets work very well.

Ayamonte can provided most things we need and the shops are most helpful and go out of their way to be of service. Wander around the back streets and find small shops ( like “open all hours” from the TV series.)

Downside there are no shops, bars or restaurants on Esuri, and it is a ten minutes drive to Ayamonte, but the guy who runs the Australian bar at the marina, expects to be open by October and we understand that one business man has put his name on about 10 units, so things may alter.

One other thing do use the dustbins, some people were leaving rubbish on the car parks, Every thing comes well wrap up , and there is a lot of packing to get rid off but the bins were empted whilst we were there
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:37 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

We have been wondering whether it is best to sell our apartment at CE, or to try to let it out for a a few years first. But we are unsure about the capital gains tax implications.

If we sell, and then use that money to buy another property in spain, are we still subject to this tax?

Thanks

Keith.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

As you are a non resident I am afraid you are.

Regards

Loco

Originally Posted by keithwalters
If we sell, and then use that money to buy another property in spain, are we still subject to this tax?

Thanks

Keith.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been wondering whether it is best to sell our apartment at CE, or to try to let it out for a a few years first. But we are unsure about the capital gains tax implications.

Thanks

Keith.
Hi

My understanding, and I'm sure that there will be someone who is better versed than me, is that 1 the CGT % for non residents has been deemed illegal by the EU (35% for non residents) and 2 that if you sell and purchase elsewher in Spain then you can claim back some if not all of the tax.

Good luck
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:21 am
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Whatever your on backwards MORRIS you really should try and cut down
and maybe get a life
if you take what im taking you may sound a little less ARROGANT..................VIVA ES.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Mirador Del Guadiana: Costa Esuri

http://www.titan-properties.com/mirador.htm
Note the 'Botanical Gardens!'

Re-sale plots: http://www.titan-properties.com/costaesuri2.htm

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi keithwalters,

The price for all Fadesa's plots has been and still is €120.03 per sq m they have not increased the price at all.

Again rumour says that resale plots are available at €160 and up per sq m but not seen any and not priced in that way.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by GerryW; Apr 4th 2006 at 7:32 am.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:38 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GerryW

Mirador Del Guadiana: Costa Esuri

http://www.titan-properties.com/mirador.htm
Note the 'Botanical Gardens!'

Re-sale plots: http://www.titan-properties.com/costaesuri2.htm

I´ve seen this development, but it's got nothing to do with Costa Esuri. I think Titan properties have a few errors on their webpage. It is located in Ayamonte town. Very nice but out of my budget. There are more details at another agent´s webpage - http://www.dreamhomesww.com/index.cf...taluz.cdl5.cfm
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:11 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Tricia[/QUOTE]

The air-conditioning is fine. We tried the heater component and after 20 minutes had to turn it off as it was so efficient. But beware the mossies come alive but the cheap plug ins with tablets work very well.

[/QUOTE]

Ola, Which air conditioning did you go for?

By the way, good to know the tablets slow the mozzies down, but its hell getting them to swallow them, I find wrapping them in cheese works well!

Mucho regards,

Jules
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

In Jan the EU Commission announced that it was to refer the Spanish Government to the Court of Justice over the CGT of non-residents. The Commission consider it illegal but it the Court is yet to hear the case.

Non Residents cannot get CGT relief if they buy elsewhere in Spain.

I attach the basic guide for Non Residents Spain produces and the link to the court case is below

Best
Loco

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressRele...guiLanguage=en

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

My understanding, and I'm sure that there will be someone who is better versed than me, is that 1 the CGT % for non residents has been deemed illegal by the EU (35% for non residents) and 2 that if you sell and purchase elsewher in Spain then you can claim back some if not all of the tax.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AEAT irnringles.pdf (177.3 KB, 477 views)
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Hi Amanda and Charles
We ended up going ahead today but found the apartment we had chosen had been sold in spite of a 48 hour hold. Some embarrassing moments for Fedesa and the agent. However we have been offered one on the next bloque that has not yet been released so things look pretty exciting- outside space better also at the same price. I suspect we are in the same area as you.

Carol
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

I´ve seen this development, but it's got nothing to do with Costa Esuri. I think Titan properties have a few errors on their webpage. It is located in Ayamonte town. Very nice but out of my budget. There are more details at another agent´s webpage - http://www.dreamhomesww.com/index.cf...taluz.cdl5.cfm
I also went to see this development - worth going to get the DVD which is largely about Ayamonte and Isla Canela - but you are right it is much more expensive - great views however but I think it will serve a wider market as it is in town, much larger townhouses - although it is out of locals pockets I would have thought.

Carol
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
I also went to see this development - worth going to get the DVD which is largely about Ayamonte and Isla Canela - but you are right it is much more expensive - great views however but I think it will serve a wider market as it is in town, much larger townhouses - although it is out of locals pockets I would have thought.

Carol
Virtually every urbanisation is out of the reach of the local population, obviously. Buying on a new development is not, perhaps, the best way to meet local people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.